how does mears work from WDW resorts to IOA?

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
I am planning a trip to IOA while staying on site at disney. I am vaguely aware that I can call mears to get bus service to IOA from diney, but I was wondering if anyone could fill me in a little more before I call to book it. what I would like to know is if I want to arrive at say 8:45, when I will have to arrange for the bus to pick me up at the CBR and whether it will be a van that takes just me or a bus that goes to all the other resorts too so that I won't actually arrive to closer to noon! also, if anyone has any general comments or comments about their satisfaction with this service, I would love to hear them!

thanks in advance for the help!

We're heading down in June and I'm working on figuring out transportation from WDW to USF/IOA. When I made our reservations at HRH, I asked the agent if she could recommend the cheapest way to get from WDW to USF. At first she suggested Mears, saying Mears charges $10 per person. Ok, 4 of us, that's $40. Then she said a cab from WDW would cost $35.

We visited WDW in 1999 and used Mears RT from the airport. It was ok, but you share a van with others and have to stop at other resorts before getting to yours. Also, the van we had smelled from stale smoke and someone's perfume/after shave. I'm sure a cab won't be much better smell-wise, but at least it's a direct trip!

Amy

Hello! We use Mears every year to shuttle between Disney and Universal. We have always had a bus (never a van). We called the Mears 1-800 number the night before we wanted the transportation to set up a pick-up time, and Mears was always at the resort promptly. It does make about 4-5 stops, but the bus does not wait at each resort for more than 2-3 minutes. So don't be late for your pick-up time! We missed the bus one morning because we were 5 minutes late. :(

We have always been pleased with Mears. It was $20 roundtrip for 2 adults. I've read on these boards that lots of people like Tiffany service too. Before we knew better, we took a taxi and paid $40 ONE-WAY from Disney to Universal. :mad: It was quick transportation, but not very cost-efficient!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest