How do you pay dues?

BJ's online has $100 gift cards for $94.99 and you don't need a membership to order online, just lod in as a guest.
Yes, this! Plus they have free shipping. We also use our Discover card which frequently has quarterly rewards for warehouse purchases (5% cash back), so we save 10% on our annual dues. We also combine our gift cards into big $1,000. ones for payment.

Don't forget ebates gives 1% at BJ's. So 5% off at BJs for the $100 card, +2% back on a rewards card, +1% back from ebates, +~2% from the vacation account. That makes the total cost just over $90.20 for a $100 card. Assuming you don't have a 3% cash back card. Not bad getting 10% off on dues, even if the route takes a little time.

I use my Chase Disney Card to pay my DVC dues, and then pay the card back the next day. That way I don't pay interest, but I get the points back in Disney Dollars which I use for the park tickets.

I just started paying my dues with discounted gift cards. I can't believe I haven't done it sooner. My dues are set on auto-pay, but I went in at the beginning of the year and paid my January, February, and March payments with GCs I had saved up from last year. Then during the first of April, I went to my local Kroger and used my Chase Freedom credit card to buy a $1050 Disney GC. I received 5% back on my credit card (only during the months of April, May, and June) and also got 4x fuel points. I ended up saving $147 in fuel and got $52.50 in cashback, thus only spending $850.50 total. That is a 19% savings. I'm already setting money back each month to do it again next year.

Does anywhere do digital gift cards? Would be handy being from UK to get that discount.

Discover is doing 5% back at warehouse clubs this quarter. Activate it on Discover's site.
Discover had wholesale clubs as part of their quarterly 5% last quarter as well, so that's up to $3,000 in gift card purchases from Sam's (and BJs?) that you can get 5% cash back on. Combine that with the 4-5% discount on the gift cards and $20 gift card for paying with a Disney savings account, and you could be saving 11-12% on your dues.

Don't forget ebates gives 1% at BJ's. So 5% off at BJs for the $100 card, +2% back on a rewards card, +1% back from ebates, +~2% from the vacation account. That makes the total cost just over $90.20 for a $100 card. Assuming you don't have a 3% cash back card. Not bad getting 10% off on dues, even if the route takes a little time.

Discover had wholesale clubs as part of their quarterly 5% last quarter as well, so that's up to $3,000 in gift card purchases from Sam's (and BJs?) that you can get 5% cash back on. Combine that with the 4-5% discount on the gift cards and $20 gift card for paying with a Disney savings account, and you could be saving 11-12% on your dues.

Thank you both!!

I use my Chase Disney Card to pay my DVC dues, and then pay the card back the next day. That way I don't pay interest, but I get the points back in Disney Dollars which I use for the park tickets.

At least float it till the bill is due. You are missing out on interest on your money by paying it the next day.

Why would they, I'm sure even though some people save money on dues with GC's, lots of people lose money on GC that are never used. Every year companies make a lot of money off of GC that are never used.

Discounted Disney Gift cards through the Target Red Card program. I buy a few a month. Save a minimum of 5% that way. If you get a good deal on a Target GC at Raise, you can turn it around for a further discount. I get about 9% minimum that way.

How do you pay Disney once you have the gift cards. Can you do that online or do you have to call into Member Services?

What is that?

How do you pay Disney once you have the gift cards. Can you do that online or do you have to call into Member Services?
The online dues payment on the member website will take Disney Gift Cards and Disney Rewards Visa Redemption Cards.

The online dues payment on the member website will take Disney Gift Cards and Disney Rewards Visa Redemption Cards.
Thanks for the info., I didn’t know that, I’ll try using using the Rewards redemption card next year (I’ve already paid this year’s dues) if there’s any money left on mine after I use it for meals during our Dec 2018 visit :)

You can go back and forth with which method works best for you - monthly or upfront in January. Last year i chose to pay in full with a CC and gift card to get some cash back benefit. This year with our DD in an expensive pre-school I felt better just paying monthly and when she is done I will likely stop the monthly payments. Some take advantage of buying Disney cards through target to get 5% off with the target red card. I believe they still offer it. I plan on getting a head start on doing that for next years and then you can combine on the Disney gift card site - because they do limit how many cards you can use in a transaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter