How do you handle it?

DisneyWldHoneymooner

Earning My Ears
We got back from our honeymoon at Disney World three weeks ago. I am having a really hard time getting over what a fantastic, once-in-a-lifetime AMAZING vacation it was.
I am already planning our next trip which won't be for about 3 years.
How do you all cope with the withdrawls?

I understand what you're saying!! I love going and almost as soon as we get home I feel like I want to plan the next one. :wizard:

My suggestions are:

1) Disboards, of course; there are a lot of neat people here that are fun to "talk" to and maybe unlike people in your everyday life, they understand you love of all things Disney. There are a lot of threads about things other than planning a trip, like the crafting boards, etc.

2) See if your library has any good books on Disney World or Disneyland, so you can do some more research before you go again. I've also read different biographies about Walt Disney and how he started the whole thing and that was really interesting to me.

Have a good day!

The best way to get over missing WDW is to start planning your next trip, no matter how far off in the distance it might seem. It will be here before you know it.

Hope you had a wonderful honeymoon. Sounds like you did! We honeymooned in WDW as well in August/September 2007.

10.gif

We got back from our honeymoon at Disney World three weeks ago. I am having a really hard time getting over what a fantastic, once-in-a-lifetime AMAZING vacation it was.

I find the Disboards to be a wonderful support group. Great minds and all...

Welcome to the DIS.

How did I handle the withdrawals after my first trip to WDW last August? I did what any addict would do. I booked another trip down there in January. :rotfl2:

:welcome: to the DIS.

I find this site helps incredibly with that. Reading other people's reports, and just gaining more hints, and more knowledge.

We said the same back in 1977, we'll go see what this Disney is all about. Well, you see how long ago that was and we got bitten really bad, couldn't wait for the next trip and now after 41 stays, headed back January for trip 42. They seem to manifest themselves into yearly and bi-yearly vacations real quick. you might find yourself going earlier, watch for the deals, hard to pass on them. glad you had a great time and got the bug.

Congratulations! We honeymooned in WDW too and it was fantastic. We 'handled' it by going back for our first anniversary. And then we bought DVC so we can go again for years to come!

I get my disney fix in between trips by hanging out here and writing a Disney blog.

I agree with all the previous posters...read these boards daily, buy books on Disney, order the vacation planning videos, etc. Start planning your next trip!

We started going to WDW 11 years ago and were hooked after the first vacation. Our annual trips started at just five days and have now turned into 10 day trips. If I could afford to stay longer, I would. If I could go more than once a year, I would.

Since we never question where we are going on our next family vacation, we start planning the following year's trip while we are STILL on vacation at WDW. This past August, we stayed at the CBR but checked out the WL and Pop. Wanted to get a feel for both resorts.

To me, you can never do enough advance planning or reading about a WDW vacation.

Do the withdrawals ever truly go away? Nope but you can make them a bit easier to handle.

Oh, I really DON'T cope!:rotfl2: My kids think I'm an addict (I am!:worship: :worship: ) and I agree... the DIS boards provide a support group of sorts....

Just plan, dream, and smile!!! Congrats on the honeymoon!

I used to have the withdrawals after a trip as well. But not too much anymore. We took 08 off and will be going for our 12th anniversary in May 09.I went in Apr 08 with my work but that wasn't the same. You know what, we really didn't miss it too much at all. If we needed a fix we'd look at pictures or watch a Disney movie or something.

After our May 09 trip, we have no plans on going back anytime soon after that.. Maybe for our 15th wedding anniversary... Who knows? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter