"How" Do you get notification of stateroom assignment for GTY

DizMagic

DIS Veteran
Does the notification of your stateroom assignment come by email, TA, just appears on website? This is our first time booking GTY and just wondering where I should be looking out for the notification. I know it may not come to close to the sail date (2/20). Just wondering...

Often no notification just keep checking the DCL website and it turns up. No E Mail TA often not advised just shows up online on your Ressie.

I don't think you get notification. I think you have to login and look at your reservation proactively.

It was listed on an email "Some Helpful Details Before You Sail" which came about a week after the cabin was assigned (in my case), but it wasn't like "Here is your cabin assignment." it was just listed in that section of the email. And it's in my booklet that I received in the mail, but yeah...to know in advance just keep checking your reservation online. :)

just keep checking your reservation online. :)

The online checking activity can become a bit obsessive as the excitement and anticipation increases...I can testify to that!!

I established a repetitive keystroke pattern that actually caused me to almost miss the posted room number when it was finally there because I was so conditioned to keep clicking...

enjoy the anticipation...
Barb

Newbie cruiser here--only 1 so far ;)

but....why does it matter? I'm NOT saying this in a snarky way--I'm honestly curious. Are the staterooms *that* different room to room? We had no idea what room we were in until they gave us our KTTW and told us where to go. We had SUCH a fantastic trip and I loved our stateroom, for the record :)

As far as I know, we don't get notification.

My own assignment just appeared this morning. Boom. From GTY yesterday, to stateroom number today. :)

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter