How do you get a FLA Marriage Certificate if you are out of state??

Pixiedust2019

Earning My Ears
Hi! I am out of state and planning to get married on Disney property. How does everyone get their marriage license? Do you take a ride share to the court house prior to the wedding?

Basically yes. Clerk of Courts office.

https://www.stateofflorida.com/getting-married-in-florida/
There is a 3 day waiting period before you can have the ceremony after the date the license is issued. Or you can have the ceremony whenever and then go to the court house to actually sign the papers .

You said "on Disney Property" if you are using Disney's official service they will assist you with all of these things.

Do you have Carrie Haywards book? It explains this in there. Basically you can apply online at one county, I think Brevard? not sure, to have it mailed or go in person when you arrive. You don't have to wait 3 days since you're out of state. That rule is only for Floridians.

You do NOT have to wait 3 days to pick up your marriage license if you are not a Florida resident.

You can apply by mail via Brevard County or visit the Osceola or Orange County courthouses in person. Each is about 30 minutes from Disney, in opposite directions.

For applying by mail, Disney recommends a service that charges you $200 to jump through all the same hoops you would have to jump through if you applied via Brevard County yourself for FREE. So there's really no point.

Complete details are on pages 210-212 of the guide and this episode: https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/how-to-get-your-marriage-license/

We took a taxi to the court house. First thing we did when we arrived. I'd check the website and/or try to talk to someone there. Many court houses are closed across the country and have to do everything on line or their house are minimal. Know before you go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter