How do you find your way around?

DisneyFan09

DIS Veteran
If I were to rent a car how do I get driving directions for going to to Seaworld from CBR and Cocoa Beach from CBR? The thought of driving myself around a strange city makes me very nervous!

I've gotten some pretty good maps on expedia and I think I could probably get to Cocoa Beach but for some strange reason the Seaworld thing makes me crazy! Does anyone know the physical address for CBR and Seaworld? I think I'd need that to get specific directions from expedia.

The street address should be listed on their websites.

Guest services at your resort will provide you with directions for where you want to go.

When I was quite little, my father taught me the most useful skill I've ever learned: navigation. He always said that navigation skills are especially important for women travelling alone, and that I should always carry three things when travelling: a compass, a good map, and, as a last resort, a loud whistle! I stick with Dad's advice, and I've never really gotten seriously lost.

Go to your nearest AAA office and get street maps of Orlando, Kissimmee and the Space Coast. If you are a member, they will be free if you show your card, if you are not a member, they will usually be willing to sell them to you. AAA has the best, most up-to-date maps I've found for places in the US. Members can also get Trip-tiks, which are handy-sized flip maps of all of the routes you plan to take, with all your turns highlighted, and with notes about gotchas like road construction.

Keep your compass with you and handy where you can grab it. It doesn't have to be anything fancy; a little $3 version from the camping section @ Wal-Mart will work just fine. Having a compass provides the most amazing peace of mind, and makes map-navigation much easier. At home, most of us navigate by means of landmarks; but that is much tougher to do in a strange city, especially in the tourist sections of Orlando, where new streets are being built constantly, and ownership of businesses turns over frequently. When you get to the car, take a few moments to orient yourself and to re-fold the map to show only the area you are driving in, it will be easier to deal with if you do that (I fold mine so that the important part is centered, down to about a foot square.)

I find generally that, as a rule, depending on hotel staff to give clear driving directions is a risky thing. (My DH tends to use that method.) The concierge might be knowledgeable, but the rest of the staff are likely to be total strangers to the area around the hotel, and only know how to get to and from work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter