How do you countdown to your trip?

That is sooo TRUE about keeping DH out of the candy!!!:rotfl: That would be a great idea, but I know DH would mess it all up by eating it when we weren't looking. It's a running joke around here that every time the kids get candy they want me to hide it from Daddy!

I am just finishing up our countdown calendar. I drew Cinderella's castle on 12 x 12 scrapbook paper to the best of my ability. I colored it and made opening flaps at windows and flags, etc. Each flap has a number and when you open the flap, it will have a Disney related activity for us to do to fuel the magic. Some of the activities include: watching each kids fave Dis movie, playing Dis related board games (we have a few of them), planning our itinerary, packing, crafts, etc. When I finish it, I will try to post a picture if I can figure it out. I'm also hoping it will look nice in our scrapbook when we are ready to scrap our trip pictures.

Okay, I want to post my countdown picture, but can't figure out how to do it. The posting rules at the bottom of the screen are saying I may not post attachments. Does anyone know why that would be? How does it work?

I made a chart like the first poster (squares on a poster board) and I made address labels (clear) with a number 1 - 30, put the labels on mickey head paint chips and put up one mickey head per day. Number one I decorated with gold glitter (sorry, don't have a picture of day one):

DSCF1892.jpg

I made a calendar on poster board. I decorated with pictures from our previous trips, cut outs from old disney catalogs and printed pictures from the computer. We start it a month before the trip. On each date I have 2 trivia questions, one for each of my girls. My girls are 7 and 8 and have been several times and know more than most people we know about Disney. They like difficult questions. Also on each day I write a memory from previous trips. They look forward to this every day.

We make a paper chain about 3 months out and take one link off each day. We have it hanging from a Disney Poster we made. It is so exciting for the boys once the links are off the floor.

Ok, thanks to the video tutorial, I can finally include a photo of my countdown. Each door/window has an activity or announcement behind it, most relating to Disney (such as: watch DD's fave Dis movie, color Dis pics, play Dis Scene It). I also included other special activities that were already part of our schedule like Grandparent's visit, kid party, go to the zoo. And the last one says "Get a good night's sleep, we're going to Disney World tomorrow!" Here it is:
100_4858_edited-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter