How do you buy groceries for your room

DVC Mike

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
How do you buy groceries for your room?

http://i235.*************************************UsingDVC/GroceriesToRoom.png

Some DVC members cook in their rooms or, if not, get snacks and other items so that they don’t have to eat at a Disney counter service or table service for every meal or snack. For those of you who stay in a 1-BR or larger unit, you have a fully operational kitchen that you can take advantage of.

There are several ways to get groceries for your DVC villa.

• Perhaps the most convenient option is to use a grocery delivery service, the two most popular being GardenGrocer.com and WeGoShop.com. You contact these services in advance of your trip, tell them what items you need, and they will be delivered to your resort on a date/time of your choice. Grocery delivery services typically have a minimum order amount and charge a delivery fee. Your order will be placed in Bell Services. All Disney resorts have refrigerators and freezers in their luggage rooms to store your perishables until you arrive. Just contact bell services and they will deliver your groceries to your room.

• DVC members can submit a DVC order form to have groceries you purchase delivered to your room. A service charge is added to all orders. Groceries will be delivered on the date of check-in, usually after 5:00 p.m. Simply print out one of the Grocery Order Forms on the DVCMember.com web site and fax or mail it to the appropriate Disney Vacation Club Resort.

• DVC resorts or the deluxe hotels they are attached to offer various sundry items at one of the gift shops. The variety of items available, however, is limited.

• If you have access to your car or a rental car, you can drive offsite to one of many grocery stores off property, such as Publix, Super Target or Walmart - or even just a nearby gas station with a convenience store.

• You can also have groceries shipped to your resort using Amazon.com's grocery department or similar service. Please be aware that Disney may charge guests for shipped parcels when staying at Disney resorts with business centers, such as BLT, VGF, BWV.

• Finally, several car services from the Orlando Airport to Disney will stop along the way at a grocery store to pick up items – ask each company how much extra they charge. HappyLimo.com will allow you a quick 15-minute stop at a grocery store for free.

Although not strictly an option for obtaining groceries, many members store non-perishable items between trips in their Owner's Locker (ownerslocker.com).

How do you buy groceries for your room?

Can you recommend a particular grocery delivery service or a conveniently located offsite grocery store?

http://i235.*************************************UsingDVC/groceries.png​

http://i235.*************************************Misc/RelatedThreads.png
http://i235.************************************************************* DVC Mike - *******.com

We have used GG and WeGo and had problems. Now we rent a car for a day, shop when we want, when we want, eat offsite, and shop at Wal-Mart, Publix, and/or Costco depending on what we need. Then we have Bell Services deliver to our room.

:earsboy: Bill

We like to rent a car to avoid ME and to just have one available. Depending on where we are staying on property will determine which store we end up at. When at a MK resort, we go to the Publix in Windermere by going through the back part behind Magic Kingdom. When near DTD, we go to the Publix near there. Sometimes we go to the Publix in Celebration.

I pack our groceries in my suitcase, along with my clothes. We bring applesauce, boxes of cereal, bread, cookies, crackers, English muffins, and fruit cups. The weight typically does not exceed 15-20lbs.

We enjoy breakfast and evening snacks in our room.

Nice thread, this is a question that appears quite a bit here and on other boards I am on. We use Garden Grocer..smjj

I am so glad this was posted. We have used GG before with no problems, however it has been a long time. This year we will not have a rental car so I am looking again.

My question for those that use WeGo how specific do you have to be with sizes?

We used to use the DVC order form, or get groceries delivered from the 2 services. Now that we go to Disneyland exclusively, we fill a cooler with groceries from home that we bought for the vacation. We are with a 2 hour drive from the resort.
Old Key West always had the biggest, and best DVC list, and store.

Last edited:
At WDW the first option is to book a rental car for one way travel from the airport to the Dolphin. Sometime we have gotten a one day rental for under $30. If the price is too much, then we have usually pack some things for snacks and breakfast and then just buy what we need at the resort store.

This is an interesting and useful question. :flower:I wish I could drive down with a car full of groceries! Instead I downloaded the app for Garden Grocer. It is slick...keeps a record of former purchases so I have a built in grocery list. We get breakfast food from them. They have always been prompt and the order correct.

We have a car service that includes a grocery stop. We stop at the Publix (Universal Dr.?) . We've gone their so much we are actually starting to know that store!

We purchase a few things from Amazon Prime Pantry...not much though usually just water, bottled tea or Diet Coke and a few snack items. We typically don't eat much in the room.

Huh. I never thought of Amazon Prime and I am a member...great idea!!! :thumbsup2 How do you ship it? Just put the resort address on, and your name? The resort knows to keep it for you?

We purchase a few things from Amazon Prime Pantry...not much though usually just water, bottled tea or Diet Coke and a few snack items.

The downside with using Amazon is that you have to pay a handling fee to the resort when you pick them up.

We don't really cook in the room - maybe toast for breakfast. We order beverages, cheese, crackers, chips, coffee creamer, etc. We have used Garden Grocer consistently since 2008 and have never been disappointed with their service.

Huh. I never thought of Amazon Prime and I am a member...great idea!!! :thumbsup2 How do you ship it? Just put the resort address on, and your name? The resort knows to keep it for you?

Yes, I enter a secondary address in my profile as the ship to for the resort and c/o my name.

The only downside I see is you can't ship perishables which works for us because we don't cook on vacation. We only buy drinks, snacks, chips, pop tarts, etc.

I think Amazon may be cheaper than Garden Grocer if my memory is right. I think Garden was $14 delivery when ordering from them a couple years ago. I think Amazon charges $5.99 delivery for non Prime members.

The downside with using Amazon is that you have to pay a handling fee to the resort when you pick them up.

We don't really cook in the room - maybe toast for breakfast. We order beverages, cheese, crackers, chips, coffee creamer, etc. We have used Garden Grocer consistently since 2008 and have never been disappointed with their service.

We've used Amazon twice at GF and WL - neither charged a fee.

We pack groceries and load 'em up in the car!

Have only done this once, when we stayed at Vero Beach over Memorial Day, but we have another time planned coming up at VGF in October!!!

We've used Amazon twice at GF and WL - neither charged a fee.

For real? We were told any resort that has a convention center will charge you a handling fee - we have stayed multiple times at YC,BCV, and GF (both villas and not) and have been charged 8$ per box every single time when we order from amazon.

Use the free grocery stop with the towncar service. Like the PP we are getting use to " our stop" store.

On our next trip, we will be using Garden Grocer. We have a studio, and will be doing breakfast in the room.
Two years ago we had a family trip with 11 people. The goal was to cook every other night -- each family had to do one meal. Well the shopping lists got very long, and so did the requests for particular beers and wine. We arrived a few days early and were staying offsite. We had a small car, and started buying cases of water, etc. Once we had that loaded into the car, we dropped it off at Bell Services at the Contemporary, and then headed to Costco to get the food. We dropped that off, and then headed off to get the final provisions.
Bell Services had to make multiple trips to bring our stuff up to the unit. On one of these trips, as it happens they were hauling the load into the elevator when friends of ours were onboard. They commented on the size of the load (which happened to be the extensive array of beverages), and said they'd like it all dropped off at their room, please. The bell service lady shook her head and said, "And this is my third trip up there!"
Our friends told us the story later, and we had to admit that this was our load. (And of course, have them over for a drink!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!