• Better Theming

• Offer more on-site acivities

• Adiitional themed pools

• More food options/locations

• All of the Above

• Other(please add to post)

Results are only viewable after voting.
bpmorley said:
Dreamfinder, I think they're taking guests' comments to heart. When we took the original tour, we were told that they wouldn't have a full service restaurant because SSR is so close to all the dining options at DTD. But after mega complaints to the staff they decided to build the restaurant. I'm sure there will be more changed plans before SSR is officially complete.
Was anyone else told this by an official representative of DVC? We were told the exact opposite: that depending on DTD for FS dining was only temporary while the resort was being built, and that there were already plans (this was in May 04) to offer FS dining once the resort was built out. Seems to me that this makes sense - the fact that was already a perfect amount of space for TC to expand into is unlikely to be a coincidence....

DrTomorrow said:
Was anyone else told this by an official representative of DVC? We were told the exact opposite: that depending on DTD for FS dining was only temporary while the resort was being built, and that there were already plans (this was in May 04) to offer FS dining once the resort was built out. Seems to me that this makes sense - the fact that was already a perfect amount of space for TC to expand into is unlikely to be a coincidence....
I can only repeat what I was told. Actually I spoke to my guide today and he said there were no plans for a FS restaurant. So you're saying that if enough DVCer's ask for something that DVC won't sway from the original plans? Isn't that done with almost everything built. We just had 2 sports stadiums built a couple years ago. Neither one looks like the original plans.

I think I recall at the annual condo meetings for SSR something to the effect of asking for a TS restaurant and getting it. And the dining plan too, or maybe it was just the dining plan I can't really remember. But I do know comments were made on it.

I think they change and tweak plans as members voice concerns.

I'm sure that any business, in order to stay viable, has to be responsive to the needs and wants of their customers/guests. Are we on the DIS boards a fair sampling of all who visit WDW? I know DVC members have a bit more of a vested interest than a typical day guest. We do improvements to our "real" homes, and would like to see the same at our home away from home.

Just the addition of a TS restaurant makes me happy, although I'm not displeased with AP. But I love visiting Celebration, and to make SSR more "small townish" does have a certain appeal.

Generally, though, I'm so agreeable that it's sickening. At my age, I just don't see that much to be upset about. Even a bad Disney day ranks a 9 in my book.

corinnak said:
Oh, how fun would it be if they put in gazebo for band concerts? Actually, when I drove by, it did look like they were building some kind of gazebo. When I lived in New England, it seemed like every small town had one and periodically would have concerts from this town band or that town band or sometimes a brass or string quintet.

How about a giant outdoor chess set? Probably not. Indoor ice skating rink? Come on- it could be fun and there isn't another one in all of Walt Disney World, is there? :teeth:
QUOTE]

Great ideas! They seem really upstate New Yorkish / New England-ish to me.

Lots of good suggestions in this thread... I love the golf cart idea, and the big pool in the Paddocks area / lazy river, and the dinner-show theater idea...

Also, my kids think that there's an ice cream parlor there (because of the tour), and they're going to be very disappointed to find out there isn't one (I keep telling them, but they won't believe me.) So I have to add that a real ice cream parlor for those of us not on the tour would be a great addition!

mello said:
Lots of good suggestions in this thread... I love the golf cart idea, and the big pool in the Paddocks area / lazy river, and the dinner-show theater idea...

Also, my kids think that there's an ice cream parlor there (because of the tour), and they're going to be very disappointed to find out there isn't one (I keep telling them, but they won't believe me.) So I have to add that a real ice cream parlor for those of us not on the tour would be a great addition!

A MARBLE SLAB ice cream place on property would be a dream. You and your kids have our family's sympathy as well. My DD is a ice cream nut! She thought the same thing.
There is however a great ice cream place not far at DTD. Maybe that will ease the craving! Love all your ideas! Especially the above poster giant chess. My kids play all the time! Would be very neat!

~DW

Another themed pool ~ especially one with a lazy river and waterfalls along the lines of SAB, would totally change my opinion of SSR. We thought the theming was beautiful, but the pool seemed inadequate for a resort of its size. Quiet pools are okay for a quick cool-off, but nothing can compare to a summer afternoon at Stormalong Bay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter