How do we get the entertainment rate @ hojos?

When I recieved the 50% off yesterday I had to be flexible with my dates. I originally wanted to go around the 9th of Dec but the ET rate rooms for that time had been booked. I was able to get the ET rate rooms because we could wait a week and go on the 16th. We are moving to N. California though so we were able to be a little more flexible.

Good luck!!
April

ITT is the "Information, Tickets, and Tours" office at your local military base. You can get everything from movie passes to Disneyland tickets there, as well as local trips and leisure activities.

Just an added comment regarding the Ent books. They really can pay for themselves, especially if you buy it late in the season when they are highly discounted at the website. Sure you are spending money to save money...

I LOOOOVVE the idea of buying one off of ebay too for next to nothing. Bumbershoot's idea to buy another region's for less is a really, really good one too.

The best possible case? Find a friend or someone here on the board who is done with their card for the year--or they use the coupons but not the card--and have them give it to you for free. I often use the book's coupons but some years I don't even take the card out of the book. I think mine will expire before your trip however. (Am I wrong about this? Do they track your number so it's tied to the buyer? I doubt it since you can buy them from fundraisers and the like and they just grab your cash...)

(Am I wrong about this? Do they track your number so it's tied to the buyer? I doubt it since you can buy them from fundraisers and the like and they just grab your cash...)

Yep, you're right. The card is easily transferrable since there is no name on it.

So, does anyone know can you get the ENT rate for suites and if so what is the rate. Thanks.

You can get a discount for the suites, but it is nowhere near as substantial as the discount for the regular rooms. I think it it 10% off the current rate for that suite.

For the price difference, you might think about getting two of the $54 rooms adjoining one another rather than a suite :-)

Glad I could help! And I agree with Bumber's idea of buying a book for another region if it brings the price down.

i called HoJo's they said my Entertainment Card from Pittsburgh was fine to use, our book thru AAA is $20:) (or less); depending on how long you wait to buy it...last month $9, free S&H.

was told the Ent rate is capacity controlled, they had the 10% for next June available...was told better discounts for "prime time" aren't offered until a few weeks prior - if at all.

So, does anyone know can you get the ENT rate for suites and if so what is the rate. Thanks.

I happen to have the Queen Suite in Bldg. 2 reserved for our Nov. trip and the EXCELLENT ent. rate of $99 per night! :thumbsup2

OK, here's my end result. I e-mailed Willie at the address given in this thread and he responded promply that the only one of my three nights was eligible for the 50% off rate. He said I could keep checking by either calling or checking online using the promotional code sd50, but that these rates were typically not offered on weekends. For the heck of it, I tried the code online and to my surprise, all three of my nights came up with the 50% off rate: $54/night for standard or deluxe room and $69/night for premium Disney view room. After much debate, I booked the deluxe pool view room in Building 2 for $54/night and I am thrilled! :yay: Those of you who are still looking, try the sd50 code. Now, I just need to find as great of a deal on airfare (come on, Southwest!), and I'll be all set! ;)

Okay Pooh, what website, hojoanaheim.com or??? I tried it and it didn't work a lick.

Thank you soo much for the online code.. I tried it and I am soo excited that the discount was available for the dates that we wanted in November..

Thanks again :goodvibes

Has anyone been able to get the 50% off rate for after the new year? We want to go in mid January, but the code isn't working. Do I need to wait to make my reservations?

Okay everyone. Willie Simpson rocks. We have emailed back and forth a couple times this morning and here is the deal with the 2008 bookings. Hopefully this nugget of hotel management theory will help us all figure out why some of us are getting the discount no problem and others aren't having any luck:

Willie said: "The Entertainment program was designed to assist businesses in their low seasons by offering 50% off or “2-fers” to attract clients. For hotels, this means when the occupancy is forecasted to be below 80%. The issue here is that we run 80% full year round, so on average it would never be open. Dates when we are certain of low occupancy we may open the low rates well in advance, but this does not occur often. Dates when we are on the fence (as business is NOT cyclical in this market) then we keep it closed until we know one way or the other, usually much closer to the date of arrival. Basically -- and on average – the Entertainment low season rate is a tool used for last-minute bookings and not advanced bookings. For example there are only 19 days open right now for the entire year of 2008. Rates change usually one time or twice per week and effect a full year outward. The best way for a guest to check openings is by utilizing the SD50 promo code and checking dates with our website."

So! There you all go! I am really satisfied with this answer. He suggested in another email that we can book the best rate available NOW, and then check like fiends (like people on these boards would be known to do LOL) and they will adjust the rate when/if it drops. Woo hoo!

Hope this helps you all.

On a personal note, I'll tell you one thing, I am super impressed with this personal customer service. I am on the fence about staying here (debating HOJO versus PPH) and I am thinking we might give HOJO a try. Even at the higher $110 rate or whatever it's giving me right now, it's a huge savings over the package at PPH. I miss out on a couple goodies, but nothing I can't live without for saving several hundred dollars. This trip is a more budgeted one for us than usual as we're going with friends who don't tend to spend as much $$ as us. I think this might be a great alternative.

NoryGlory, like we all are at something we are unfamiliar with, I too wasnt sure about staying at hojos because truthfully based on the outside appearance from the street I wasnt too sure...However, I can honestly say now that you are spot on this one....if your on a budget trip this is the ONLY way to go....I went this past June and have absolutely no reservations about going back...in fact, we have reservations for the end of oct., there and PP and are going back and forth as to which one to do...we are thinking about spending 2 of the nights at HOJO and the other 2 at PP so we dont have to pick one or the other:lmao: there is only one downside imo to hojo and that is the pillows...they start off very fluffy and within a little while they go absolutely flat:rotfl: so if you can bring some of your own I would recommend it:thumbsup2

in fact, we have reservations for the end of oct., there and PP and are going back and forth as to which one to do...we are thinking about spending 2 of the nights at HOJO and the other 2 at PP so we dont have to pick one or the other:lmao: there is only one downside imo to hojo and that is the pillows...they start off very fluffy and within a little while they go absolutely flat:rotfl: so if you can bring some of your own I would recommend it:thumbsup2

We have reservations for the end of October at HOJO and PPH too!

HOJO - Oct. 28 & 29. (Thanks poohs_hunny for the code!:hug: )

PPH - Oct. 30 & 31, Nov. 1 & 2.:banana:

We stayed at HOJO in 2004 and thought it was great, so we have no problems staying with them again!:thumbsup2

Anyway, stay at both. They're both GREAT!:cool1:

we will be staying at the hojo for the third time this october, love the hojo and LOVE WILLIE. He truly has the Disney spirit.

We always have a muriad of requests because we travel in a huge PACK, our up coming trip is 9 people -- two families, with all ages, including my DH in a wheel chair. Willie is so awesome about making sure we are all in the same building, most often in adjacent rooms, that all our needs are met so we are able to navigate with the chair without difficulty.

two years ago we took our first trip with the chair and we were a little nervous to say the least, between the wonderful castmembers at DL and the wonderful employees at the hojo we got over that nervousness in a heartbeat.

now we are old pros at the traveling with the chair business.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter