How do they work charging to the room?

becca-becca

DIS Veteran
We have several rooms with our families mixed around.

1. First of all, if you have two adults in a stateroom, does it all (charges) go to the room as a total or each individual person?

2. My two kids with charging privileges are in my mom's room. Can I fill out that form in our document booklet and all their charges will go on my card or does it have to go to my mom's

3. If it all goes to one main account per room, will it be listed per person on the ID?

4. Can one really pay by personal check? And so, is it EFT?

Each individual in every room can set up their own charging. So if you have 2 adults in a room, they can each charge their onboard purchases to separate accounts/credit cards. If you have a child in a room separate from you, you can set up their account separate from the adult in their room (in this case your mom), by giving the child charging priveledges on your credit card.

If you do the online check-in, you will see each individual in the reservation. Start with the credit card holder/main payer. When you are completing the information for that person, you should see a listing of everyone who is linked to your reservation (even in other cabins). There you can select the other individuals which you are financially responsible for (your kids).

They will take a personal check. Can't give you details as I've never settled my account that way.

4. Can one really pay by personal check? And so, is it EFT?

We didn't pay our onboard account by check but I realized I should have brought some extra cash with me so I did cash a check. The max was $100 and the CM called someone to get it approved. During the call, she gave out our routing and account numbers but the check was actually processed as a check through my bank. Ended up not needing the extra cash but it was nice to have on hand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter