How do Mears Connect and Sunshine Flyer compare lately ??

Neither

Tiffany Towncars

How much are those total for you? For maybe $60 plus (you might tip a tad more) you are getting someone meeting you at bag check, taking you too their vehicle, and even doing a grocery stop for free if you want it at Publix.

We were going to book Tiffany but with the Sunshine Flyer summer promotion it's over $100 difference for our family.

We were going to book Tiffany but with the Sunshine Flyer summer promotion it's over $100 difference for our family.

Ah just looked and kids right free so that skews the math. That makes sense.

$100 likely has me picking the bus but we have 3 trips this year as an example. If it were a once every 5/10/lifetime trip then I would go the town car route since it will likely be the best start to a trip.

Neither

Tiffany Towncars

How much are those total for you? For maybe $60 plus (you might tip a tad more) you are getting someone meeting you at bag check, taking you too their vehicle, and even doing a grocery stop for free if you want it at Publix.
I looked into it and the cost is a lot more than the Sunshine flyer. I am however considering doing one way with SF and coming back with car service so that I don't have to leave for the airport four hours early or whatever it is they make you leave.

Does anyone else find Sunshine flyer website confusing? We have been considering booking them and with the promotion it seems we are going to do it. I went through just to look at timing, cost. etc... and I was confused. Admittedly I didn't read much or really try but at first glance it is definitely confusing to me

Yea I found it confusing. I know you re supposed to pick the hour of your flight arrival ns departure times but I still thought I did it wrong. They checked me correctly and I immediately emailed them with my info and asked if I did it ok because it looked like I was leaving and arriving both days lol. They immediately replied and said they cleared everything up and I was good to go. I loved how responsive they were to this and my later changed flight. I almost didn’t book because I found the site so confusing.

We got where we needed to go with Mears, but not flawless. I think I'll try Sunshine in September. Watch this week's Disunplugged for Pete's view of Mears.

$16 is what Mears charges round trip anyway. I was thinking about it but I don't think SF will pick me up for a 6:30 am flight, they limit their hours if I recall correctly.

1 person, I don't need a towncar.

$16 is what Mears charges round trip anyway. I was thinking about it but I don't think SF will pick me up for a 6:30 am flight, they limit their hours if I recall correctly.

1 person, I don't need a towncar.
It's $16 one way, not round trip.

Neither

Tiffany Towncars

We recently used Tiffany and it was $185 RT plus a tip. They did 30 min stop at Publix.

planning to Uber from MCO to CSR in Sept and use Sunshine Flyer to return to airport. got discounted price of $12.75 per person for 2 adults. Where does the Sunshine Flyer drop off at airport?

We recently used Tiffany and it was $185 RT plus a tip. They did 30 min stop at Publix.

Yup looking it looks like these other options are $32/round trip. So I am pretty on when you consider a family of 4. Sunshine though has kids for free right now so that flips the math more.

Normal pricing though is:
$128 vs $185

So just under $60 which for us is easily worth not having to deal with a bus, other people, waiting possibly on your specific bus to leave, and other stops before your resort.

Plus one thing not brought up is Tiffany actually supplies car seats as well.

Yup looking it looks like these other options are $32/round trip. So I am pretty on when you consider a family of 4. Sunshine though has kids for free right now so that flips the math more.

Normal pricing though is:
$128 vs $185

So just under $60 which for us is easily worth not having to deal with a bus, other people, waiting possibly on your specific bus to leave, and other stops before your resort.

Plus one thing not brought up is Tiffany actually supplies car seats as well.
The rate difference is even more stark for a family of 5.

Tiffany is $220 RT for the 5 seater compared to the $64 RT with the Sunshine kids free promo (assuming all of the kids are young enough, mine are).

I can see paying the upcharge if you're trying to maximize park time on either end. But, if your travel days are already non-park days, it's a heck of a savings to tolerate the added waiting with buses and multiple resorts.

Just got back from Disney and we used Mears Connect to and from MCO. Heading to Disney was the same as Magical Express except that we had to get our luggage. On a Friday afternoon we went straight to the counter where they scanned our QR code and directed us to a line for our resort. There was no one in the line and we were then directed to a specific bus. The bus left after about 10 minutes with perhaps 6-8 other people on it. We were going to SSR and it was the first stop.

For the return trip I got a message the day before our departure that our pickup would be at 8:50 for a noon flight. A little before the bus showed up I got a text with the bus #. The bus was at the stop at around 8:40 and we boarded. We made stops at AoA and Pop Century before getting to MCO at around 9:45.

Overall I was satisfied.

Tiffany is $220 RT for the 5 seater compared to the $64 RT with the Sunshine kids free promo (assuming all of the kids are young enough, mine are).

Ya but long term the promo won't be offered. I was going on normal pricing. Its only good through July 31st at this point and likely offered simply to get their name out there.

So unless you are traveling in the next 5 weeks pricing will be going up.

Family of 5 would then be:
$160 vs $215

$55 difference which might be worth the help to have your driver right there at bag claim helping get your bags (especially if you have young kids).

Last edited:
Ya but long term the promo won't be offered. I was going on normal pricing. Its only good through July 31st at this point and likely offered simply to get their name out there.

So unless you are traveling in the next 5 weeks pricing will be going up.

Family of 5 would then be:
$160 vs $215

$55 difference which might be worth the help to have your driver right there at bag claim helping get your bags (especially if you have young kids).
Promo is bookable through 7/31 for any travel dates loaded into their system. (No idea how far out their calendar goes).

Our family of 5 has bookings for August/September trip and a tentative November trip to lock in the rate.

If people are looking at this thread for the next 5 weeks, they could also choose to lock in the low rate for future travel and then cancel if things fall through.

Do you get a credit to your form of payment or a future use credit, if you cancel Sunshine Flyer? What discount was used to get $12.75 for adults?

Do you get a credit to your form of payment or a future use credit, if you cancel Sunshine Flyer? What discount was used to get $12.75 for adults?
I believe the 12.75 was an earlier deal when you booked weekday transfers during a specific travel window, which is no longer valid. Now it's $16 adults, free kids off your book by 7/31.

As PP said, it's a true refund for cancellation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter