How do Mears Connect and Sunshine Flyer compare lately ??

disnee9

Mouseketeer
Now that Sunshine Flyer has been providing shuttle service for while and maybe has worked out the kinks, which has proven to be the better service ??

Mears Connect or Sunshine Flyer ??

Sunshine Flyer is running a special for the summer. If you book before the end of July, adults are $16 and kids are free. Your trip can be anytime after the end of July, but you have to book it by then. Sounds like a great deal to me. Let's see if Mears counters it with a special of their own.
Nice yes i have been contimplating the HOW to get to our resort(POP) Mears no matter how i look at it is $100 return cant imagine a taxi and or uber etc being MORE? or even slightly more but without the hassle of stops and drops etc. HOWEVER, this ride is like $65 return. hey thats an extra $35 in our pocket. Sounds like a darn good deal just nervous on the actual 4 hours before your international flight part (if true) wee hoo i will book them. 6 months away from vacation hopefully they DONT FOLD before we go and i lose that money. Because really anything can happen between now and then. lol BUT hey as an option on the table FOR sure.

Thanks for this.

Now that Sunshine Flyer has been providing shuttle service for while and maybe has worked out the kinks, which has proven to be the better service ??

You should go onto Trip Advisor and read some of the recent Mears reviews. It's pretty bad.

We recently used Mears and had a good experience. After all, it is the same company that ran Magical express for years for Disney. I think they know what they are doing. Probably having the same problems as other companies with finding employees. There are bound to be issues with any company from time to time.

We have always rented a car but the prices have been sky high lately so are considering one of these bus lines. Are they both near one another? We'll be using SW which I believe is Terminal A. How long of a walk is it to where these buses leave from Terminal B?

We have always rented a car but the prices have been sky high lately so are considering one of these bus lines. Are they both near one another? We'll be using SW which I believe is Terminal A. How long of a walk is it to where these buses leave from Terminal B?
It's a bit of a hike. Coming off the shuttle from the SW gates you head to the right, and go down one level to get your bags. Back up one level and across the main floor to Terminal B. Down 2 levels to get to either Sunshine Flyer or Mears Connect, which are both on level 1.

Are either one any better for toddler? First time heading down since ME is no more. The deal on the Sunshine flyer seems really too good to pass up but if MEARS is better then let me know please. I've always hated the pick you up 4 hours early thing though even with ME but have never taken an uber with a carseat and don't really feel like trying it first time down there.

It's a bit of a hike. Coming off the shuttle from the SW gates you head to the right, and go down one level to get your bags. Back up one level and across the main floor to Terminal B. Down 2 levels to get to either Sunshine Flyer or Mears Connect, which are both on level 1.
Thanks for the info Bill!

Are either one any better for toddler? First time heading down since ME is no more. The deal on the Sunshine flyer seems really too good to pass up but if MEARS is better then let me know please. I've always hated the pick you up 4 hours early thing though even with ME but have never taken an uber with a carseat and don't really feel like trying it first time down there.
We're in the "too good to pass up" crew for Sunshine Flyer as well. We were going to do a Lyft XL with our three 8 year olds and their extra narrow boosters; now Sunshine is a better price point AND we don't have to bring boosters. I absolutely HATE installing car seats, so I wasn't even willing to consider it when my three were that young.

That said, everything I'm seeing about Sunshine Flyer is very similar to Mears Connect and the (RIP) Magical Express. You might be on the road on a few minutes, or you might have to wait the full 20 for your bus to head out. You might be lucky and be the first stop or you might be the 4th resort in line, and so on. It's worth noting that, with Sunshine, you wait outdoors for your bus, instead of in air conditioning, and they don't do any on-the-road entertainment.

Since we're looking at three free kids, Sunshine ends up being significantly less expensive for us than Mears, so we're going to give them a try in August.

We just got back from Disney and used Mears Connect. Everything was perfect. We got the QR code the day before each way. When we got there we went right up to the bus and waited maybe 5 minutes before heading to the resort. On the way back the bus was on time. No problems at all.

Are there ANY pros at all in taking MEARS over Sunshine flyer? Do they have any advantage that makes it worth paying the premium over SF?

Are there ANY pros at all in taking MEARS over Sunshine flyer? Do they have any advantage that makes it worth paying the premium over SF?
Mears ran Magical Express for Disney. It’s the same buses, drivers, and infrastructure. They’ve taken the Disney wraps off of the buses, of course. Otherwise, the two services are near identical, minus the fact that Sunshine Flyer doesn’t have an indoor check-in area yet. Rumor around the airport is that’s coming.

Mears ran Magical Express for Disney. It’s the same buses, drivers, and infrastructure. They’ve taken the Disney wraps off of the buses, of course. Otherwise, the two services are near identical, minus the fact that Sunshine Flyer doesn’t have an indoor check-in area yet. Rumor around the airport is that’s coming.
I loved Magical Express. Set the tone for the trip. Do you know if the still have the cheesy welcome video with the bus driver? That would almost make me spend the extra money to go MEARS over SF

I loved Magical Express. Set the tone for the trip. Do you know if the still have the cheesy welcome video with the bus driver? That would almost make me spend the extra money to go MEARS over SF
They show a video but it’s not the Disney one, of course.

Have not taken it yet but we booked sunshine flyer for august and I think I messed up my booking so I emailed them and they responded in less than an hour and told me all was good. Today I added a day to our trip and emailed them to change the return to the next day and they replied within a couple of hours apologizing for how long it took for them to reply and they changed my return flight. So pre-trip they are very responsive which I really appreciate!

We just got back from Disneyworld and used Mears connect to get to our resort and back to the airport and wish we had used someone else. The trip to the hotel was fine, no problems at all. To get back to the airport was something else. We got a text telling us the driver would be there to pick us up at 2:40pm. We were at the spot 20 minutes early. While waiting 6 Mears busses came and picked up other people. They couldn't take us because we weren't on their pickup list. In the text they sent us was a link to where we could see where the driver was. He came to Animal Kingdom and left without picking us up. We never saw him. The only thing we can figure is he went to Kidani, and we were at Jambo. At 3:00 I called Mears and they said he was 8 minutes away and coming back. 2 more Mears busses came and went without us. At 3:15 I was about to call them again and another buss pulled up and asked if he was there for us, he was not. When he realized we were supposed to be picked up at 2:40 he took us on his buss. We won't be taking Mears again.

Does anyone else find Sunshine flyer website confusing? We have been considering booking them and with the promotion it seems we are going to do it. I went through just to look at timing, cost. etc... and I was confused. Admittedly I didn't read much or really try but at first glance it is definitely confusing to me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter