• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do I book a dummy date on board?

chernabogfamily

Mouseketeer
I'm curious as to how people do this. I am interested in booking a cruise on board to take advantage of the discount/OBC/etc, but don't know the exact date or cruise we want to eventually take. If you have a party of 4 and you book a dummy cruise, do you have to rebook for a party of 4? Can you just book for a party of 1 or 2 and add guests later? We're unsure if we'll be taking an adults only cruise or the whole family.

I am clueless, too, but would like to know the answer as we will be on board in 2 weeks, :cool1: and plan to book a cruise on the Fantasy in 2012 with NO idea when exactly we would cruise.

I think I remember CM telling us that you must book everyone in your party to get the discount rate so if you add two people later, you take the risk of having to pay more (the current rate) for those additional passengers.

I just booked a dummy date. What is nice about a dummy date is that you can just fill in the card and drop it off. Just write on the form that you want a dummy date that you'll be moving later. She will book you and leave the card for you at your room door. No need to wait in line behind all the people who have no clue what they want or are very picky and take a long time.

It's a half price deposit per person on the ship. The PP is right. If you want to add people later, you will pay the going rate for additional guests at the time as well as the standard, not discounted, deposit. You also run the risk of wanting to add children, and their age group being "sold out" on the ship.

I just booked a dummy date. What is nice about a dummy date is that you can just fill in the card and drop it off. Just write on the form that you want a dummy date that you'll be moving later. She will book you and leave the card for you at your room door. No need to wait in line behind all the people who have no clue what they want or are very picky and take a long time.

It's a half price deposit per person on the ship. The PP is right. If you want to add people later, you will pay the going rate for additional guests at the time as well as the standard, not discounted, deposit. You also run the risk of wanting to add children, and their age group being "sold out" on the ship.

Thanks so much for your info.
So, you actually ask for a dummy cruise date on the card? Does the CM then pick the cheapest cruise for you? Curious on this...

Remember the deposit now is 20% for the cruise cost and is not a per person cost. When you rebook onboard the deposit is 10% of the cruise cost. Depending on the cost of the additional passengers in the cabin it's a wiser choice to make the reservation for the most people you think will be sailing, you can always drop them before the penalty period begins.

Remember the deposit now is 20% for the cruise cost and is not a per person cost. When you rebook onboard the deposit is 10% of the cruise cost. Depending on the cost of the additional passengers in the cabin it's a wiser choice to make the reservation for the most people you think will be sailing, you can always drop them before the penalty period begins.

I forgot they had recently changed this. Good to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter