How difficut or inconvenient is it to

dizprincess27

DIS Veteran
Use or pull out the sofa bed at one of the studio villas? I'm thinking about renting points to stay at one of them with a friend in November 2013 but they all seem to have 1 bed and 1 pull out. How comfortable is the pull out going to be and how clean also? Does anyone know? Thanks!

okw has 2 queen beds - it is the only DVC studio to have 2 beds instead one queen bed and a double sleeper sofa.

the sofa beds are pretty good.

We book a one bedroom villa every summer at the Beach Club, and my daughters usually sleep on the pullout. The short answer is it certainly is not super comfy, thin matress, bar or bed seam in mid back. As far as cleanliness, never had any issues there. The bed will be made everyday like the normal bed.

My daughters are adults with bad backs, so we may be more picky than others. Our solution to this is we bring our own air bed and place it on top of the pullout or we have brought a double decker air bed and not even used the pullout. Granted this takes up a suitcase but it is worth it to us, but I think for most people it's decent and it is clean. Hope this helps a little.

Didn't know that thank you Spiceycat! I found a very good deal for a "value" studio over at AKL but wasn't sure who would get the sofa lol and I didn't want to start off weird or anything so I thought I better just stick with a mod due to the bed situation and then I thought let me ask the disers they know everything :worship:

The bed will be made everyday like the normal bed.

The bed will only be made every day if you rent the villa directly from Disney. If you rent DVC points, you will get trash and towel service once per week, and a full cleaning on day 8.

The sofa beds are hit or miss. We have had some really comfortable ones, and some really bad ones.

Another point is that certain times in Nov are very popular with members and are already booked at this point. I am on a waitlist for a studio the 1st week of Nov at BCV and VWL. Availability thru DVC is not like availability thru Disney.

yes there is no housekeeping w/dvc. if you stay 4 days or more on the 4 (or 3rd) day you will trash & towel - they take out the trash and give you fresh towels.

if you stay 8 days or more you get a full cleaning on the 4th (you have to ask for it) and on the 8th day you get a trash & towel. now DVC would do the opposite - 4th trash & towel and 8th day full cleaning - but you can change it.

forgot this - because don't like anyone in my room when I am not there - so no housekeeping works for me.

the value at AKV is really nice - think OKW may only be 1 or 3 points more - depending upon the month.

OKW is the second bigger DVC resort - SSR is the biggest. So even in busy times you can generally get a studio with them.

ssr will cost you more.

How comfortable is the pull out going to be and how clean also? Does anyone know? Thanks!

This is the pull out at BWV. Bad, really bad. We ended up changing resorts over it because it was impossible to sleep on. It's not real evident in the picture, but the head(towards the wall) was about 6 inches lower than the foot and there was a deep gulley at your upper back. DS slept backwards, which didn't help much. The resort couldn't do anything about it.

I've heard that there are different types, and we've stayed at BLT and had no problems with the pull out at all.

2012-10-01_09-40-48_398_zpsc6cc6998.jpg

This is the pull out at BWV. Bad, really bad. the head(towards the wall) was about 6 inches lower than the foot and there was a deep gulley at your upper back. DS slept backwards, which didn't help much.

I've heard that there are different types, and we've stayed at BLT and had no problems with the pull out at all.

boy that was horrible had no idea the new type beds were this bad. did you say something to DVC - this thing definitely needs to be replaced

if this ever happens again - don't call the front desk they are not in the hotel - call housekeeping - if they can't fix it - then pretty sure they kept some air mattress just in case.

Have stayed at BLT and BCV and our son slept on the pull-out, he said they were both comfortable.

In my opinion there is no such beast as a comfortable sofa bed. Some are better than others and I guess for young kids, they can manage. I really don't like the ones at the BWV and BCV and any other location with those types as those cushions stay attached to the frame and when you try to get out of the bed, they are in the way.

But as an adult I would rather stay home than sleep on one.

We own at BWV and they have replaced the sofa beds like the one pictured above with new sofa beds. There is no metal frame and you really sort of fold it down from the back, rather than pulling it out from under cushions. The mattress is much thicker and they are more comfortable. I think a lot of the DVC resorts are changing to the new style.

Denise

boy that was horrible had no idea the new type beds were this bad. did you say something to DVC - this thing definitely needs to be replaced

if this ever happens again - don't call the front desk they are not in the hotel - call housekeeping - if they can't fix it - then pretty sure they kept some air mattress just in case.

We physically went to the front desk, they sent housekeeping and they said there was nothing they could do about it. They didn't have an air mattress to help. The front desk told us they couldn't switch out resort, that we would have to call central reservations.Very disappointed in how it was handled by the folks at BW(a lot of shoulder shrugging with no answers), but we contacted our Disney travel agent(a family member who is amazing)who contacted Disney on our behalf, and within 30 minutes we were checking into an OKW two bedroom for $300 more for the whole trip.
We use to be DVC members, so we knew the drill! LOL!

This is the only resort that we had serious problems with the pull out.

We own at BWV and they have replaced the sofa beds like the one pictured above with new sofa beds. There is no metal frame and you really sort of fold it down from the back, rather than pulling it out from under cushions. The mattress is much thicker and they are more comfortable. I think a lot of the DVC resorts are changing to the new style.

Denise

We were told that this was the newly installed ones :confused3 It did pull down from the back cushions. This was in October.

Denise

Your description is the same as the photo, those are the new ones, where you fold it down from the back of the sofa. It has to have a frame to support the mattress.

We were told that this was the newly installed ones :confused3 It did pull down from the back cushions. This was in October.

They are new and yes they pull down from the back and yes that is what is pictured. As to being comfortable, differs from person to person. I personally don't think they are.

That photo in the previous post is the current sleeper sofa at BWV, not the old one. See the cushions under the foot of the bed? BCV has the same type. I think VWL also has this one, but we didn't open ours up in January. We had a two bedroom and only four people.

I thought this type was a bit more comfortable than the one at OKW, SSR, BLT (three section mattress pad on a platform.

We physically went to the front desk, they sent housekeeping and they said there was nothing they could do about it. They didn't have an air mattress to help. The front desk told us they couldn't switch out resort, that we would have to call central reservations.Very disappointed in how it was handled by the folks at BW(a lot of shoulder shrugging with no answers), but we contacted our Disney travel agent(a family member who is amazing)who contacted Disney on our behalf, and within 30 minutes we were checking into an OKW two bedroom for $300 more for the whole trip.
We use to be DVC members, so we knew the drill! LOL!

This is the only resort that we had serious problems with the pull out.

please write to DVC and CRO - have your travel agent write too - you should not have too spend $300 more of your money.

it was not your fault that the silly sofa bed did not work. So why should you have to pay.hope you wrote down the names of the CM who basically refused to help you.

so sorry!!!

The BLT fold outs are nothing like that picture. They are thicker, no bars, 3 sections. My kids slept on it 2 weeks ago with no issues. I laid on it and thought it was better than the POR mattress we had the night before.

As for that BWV bed, that's pitiful.

I didn't think the sofa bed I slept on at Kidani was very comfortable. I think if we stay at a DVC resort again and I get the sofa bed, I'm going to Walmart and getting a airbed!

The BLT fold outs are nothing like that picture. They are thicker, no bars, 3 sections. My kids slept on it 2 weeks ago with no issues. I laid on it and thought it was better than the POR mattress we had the night before.

As for that BWV bed, that's pitiful.

No, they are not thicker. They are the three section pad on a platform.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter