How convenient is the Poly?

SarahC97

DIS Veteran
We are planning 7 nights next year and plan to spend the most time in MK and Epcot. Is the location of the Poly really convenient to take midday breaks? We've never really done it before but with our kids next year I know it will be a must. We are on the fence between BC and Poly, but I feel like the Poly might have the edge for location. Has that been your experience?

Our last 2 of 3 stays were at the Poly. When it comes to convenience Poly wins not that BC is shabby to say the least as we love BC too just for what your looking for in a resort Poly wins.

AGREED! however, the Poly has a small edge as you can walk to the TTC to get the Epcot monorail directly without having to transfer from the MK resort monorail (which you will need to do from the GF or the CR).
IMHO the Poly is only convenient for Epcot if you are willing to take the short walk to the TTC. My younger son has a blister problem where extra walking was not an option and the combined resort monorail and Epcot monorail was always an issue during our 6 stays at the Poly (6 stays tells you how much we loved it).

So convenient, we love the Poly! We pop in the MK whenever we want! Plus it is a great resort for many other reasons, dining, ambience, pool, Trader Sam’s, beach, fireworks every night, Electric water parade..........Need I say more! We stayed at The GF this August and the monorail travel to and from both MK and Epcot was great this time around. Monorail never broke down for us and we never waited more than 5-8 minutes!

If MK is going to be the main park, absolutely do Poly. It’s sooo easy. And even Epcot is great with the monorail. While BC usually gets points for the pool we actually like Poly’s better.

Especially with younger swimmers. I know the BC pool is awesome, but I was a mess while my DGD was in it. She was a strong swimmer, however I am one of those "eyes on" the entire time a child is under my wing, and this pool is not conducive to that kind of watchfulness. Pool twists and turns aside, that slide is a killer for parents who cannot be in two places at once.

Well, I think you all have sold me on the Poly for convenience. Thank you!

You will not be sorry. For my family, the Poly is a favorite. My DD and DSIL stayed there a Summer ago, and they are not full park day people either, especially in the SUmmer heat. My DD told me they spent every afternoon in or by the pool, had time for a quick shower and nap, and then back out for a latish dinner and some evening park entertainment. The location and travel convenience for the Poly, especially with the T&TC within walking distance for most folks, cannot be beat.

Especially with younger swimmers. I know the BC pool is awesome, but I was a mess while my DGD was in it. She was a strong swimmer, however I am one of those "eyes on" the entire time a child is under my wing, and this pool is not conducive to that kind of watchfulness. Pool twists and turns aside, that slide is a killer for parents who cannot be in two places at once.

You will not be sorry. For my family, the Poly is a favorite. My DD and DSIL stayed there a Summer ago, and they are not full park day people either, especially in the SUmmer heat. My DD told me they spent every afternoon in or by the pool, had time for a quick shower and nap, and then back out for a latish dinner and some evening park entertainment. The location and travel convenience for the Poly, especially with the T&TC within walking distance for most folks, cannot be beat.
That is my biggest concern with the pool at BC. I don't feel comfortable when I can't just glance up and see them - I think Stormalong Bay would make me so anxious.

Well, I think you all have sold me on the Poly for convenience. Thank you!

I echo what everyone else said, but just wanted to add another convenience of Poly is being able to roll your stroller on and off the monorail. It was a game changer for us. Not sure if your kids are still in a stroller, but if so, you will love the convenience of not having to fold up your stroller for a bus/car each time you want to go back and forth between MK/Epcot and Poly.

We are planning 7 nights next year and plan to spend the most time in MK and Epcot. Is the location of the Poly really convenient to take midday breaks? We've never really done it before but with our kids next year I know it will be a must. We are on the fence between BC and Poly, but I feel like the Poly might have the edge for location. Has that been your experience?

I agree with everyone else that the Poly is the best choice for a MK/Epcot centered trip as you can't beat the location/convenience for both parks :).

the Poly has a small edge as you can walk to the TTC to get the Epcot monorail directly without having to transfer from the MK resort monorail (which you will need to do from the GF or the CR).

:thumbsup2

AGREED! however, the Poly has a small edge as you can walk to the TTC to get the Epcot monorail directly without having to transfer from the MK resort monorail (which you will need to do from the GF or the CR).
I think this is a BIG edge, because during our stays at GF(2) and POLY(1) we found taking the monorail from the resort to/from Epcot was consistently long. The time it takes to wait for the 1st monorail, then get off at TTC and walk to and then wait for the Epcot monorail was ridiculous. So if staying at POLY i would highly suggest walking to TTC when going to Epcot.

Not only is the Poly convenient, it is a great resort to “chill” for an afternoon break. The Volcano pool is awesome! Enjoy!

For our last 2 visits, we stayed at the Poly. Agree with everything that's been said already. We always take afternoon breaks to go back to the resort to swim, the Poly is just a short monorail (MK or Epcot) or boat (MK) ride away. My kids (and us parents too) love the pool areas. We love walking to the TTC as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter