"How Can The Second Trip Be As Good as the First??" (We're baaaack-- 9/1!)

I don't love AK. :confused3 We usually do the Safari, FOTLK (my favorite show at Disney - and my children's favorite, too), maybe petting zoo, the AK version of Dumbo (you can certainly skip that since you don't have young kids!), Kali River Rapids, and that's about it. My family likes Rainforest Cafe but most people don't care for it at all. We'll probably try Expedition Everest this year (I didn't realize my 2 older ones are tall enough). It's really a half-day park for us. Maybe my kids are too young for us to take the time to appreciate the theming? Also, we're regulars at the Bronx Zoo (obviously not themed the way a Disney park is but still it's a pretty good place for seeing animals!) so maybe they're spoiled?

Amanda

Now that you mention it, Flame Tree has a pretty limited menu. But the BBQ chicken salad is what I always get and I love it!

Nothing wrong with being a beer lover! Safari Amber is brewed by Anheuser-Busch, so the beer snob in me doesn't want to recommend it too highly. It's pretty much like a Sam Adams, or maybe Yeungling lager. I was pleasantly surprised by it and think it's cool that it is only served at AK and AKL (I think- I could be wrong about that)
Mmmm, is 11:30am too early for a beer? ;)
Hmmm, I like Sam well enough! I do tend to be an international snob, though haha. LOL- It's 1:30 here and I'm counting down until post-work happy hour! (So no, I don't think 11:30 is too early ;))

I love the Nemo show. I have seen that many more times than FOTLK. It is really a great show. Definitely worth seeing if you haven't already.

And the Safari - truly the best themed, most immersive attraction at all of Disney.

Heck - I love the AK in general. It is a photographer's dream. Take the walk behind the tree of life to see all the cool animal carvings.

Front seat of EE is EXCELLENT. The one thing I haven't done - EE in the dark. I want to do that sooooooooo bad.
Nemo for us will probably be a "if we have time" sort of thing. Zach has never seen the movie (blasphemous!) and I don't know how much the show would do for him. :confused3 He hated when we saw Avenue Q and you could see the puppeteers. He prefers Muppet/Sesame St. Style-- no visible puppeteers!

I don't love AK. :confused3 We usually do the Safari, FOTLK (my favorite show at Disney - and my children's favorite, too), maybe petting zoo, the AK version of Dumbo (you can certainly skip that since you don't have young kids!), Kali River Rapids, and that's about it. My family likes Rainforest Cafe but most people don't care for it at all. We'll probably try Expedition Everest this year (I didn't realize my 2 older ones are tall enough). It's really a half-day park for us. Maybe my kids are too young for us to take the time to appreciate the theming? Also, we're regulars at the Bronx Zoo (obviously not themed the way a Disney park is but still it's a pretty good place for seeing animals!) so maybe they're spoiled?

Amanda

See, maybe the Bronx Zoo is why the Safari doesn't interest us that much either. I grew up going to both that and the Safari at Six Flags. Even now, we try to hit the Bronx Zoo once a year. Even that, though, Zach just does for me. Ever since he encountered two bears on his street (in lower Putnam County!!), once when he was seven and once when he was in high school, animals have NOT been his thing. (Oh, and he saw his beloved cat ripped to shreds by a dog when he was eight. Annnnnnd a bee stung him in a male sensitive area and he had to go to the hospital when he was in middle school. Seeing a trend? Animals and Zach do NOT mix! :rotfl:)

So, like many of you, even though I've been to Disney plenty of times, there are still many attractions I've never experienced. So, below is a list of "Never been on/see and plan to in August" and "Never been on/see and don't care to go on/see ever" for each park. I would love if everyone shared their thoughts with me! Something I want to see that's not really worth it? Something I don't care to see that you really think I'd be missing out on?? Please, enlighten me :goodvibes. Also, happy Friday, everyone!! Even with the shorter week, these past four days have been crazyy and I'm thrilled to get a chance to relax. Tonight, we're going to see Horrible Bosses, which looks really funny. Tomorrow, we might go to Lake Compounce, a pretty family-friendly amusement park in Connecticut with some friends of ours. They offer free Pepsi products all day!

Magic Kingdom
Never done and want to!
Liberty Belle Steamship: It just looks relaxing-- something nice to do after lunch when the lines can get a little crazy!
Tomorrowland Transit Authority: Same idea as Liberty Belle.
Snow White's Scary Adventures: This will definitely be closed the next time we get to Disney, so I want to make sure we ride it before it goes away forever!
Monster's Inc Laugh Floor: I am on the fence with this one. It looks like it could be funny (especially if Zach got on the big screen!), but also...maybe not.

Never done and don't care to!
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway: Zach and I drive real cars. I don't think this ride has much appeal beyond the under-10 set!
Dumbo: I know this is pretty sacrilege. Neither of us has the desire to wait more than two minutes for this one-- if we saw zero line, maybe, but otherwise...no interest!
Swiss Family Treehouse: I heard once there was a gigantic snake in here and they had to evacuate. No thank you.

Epcot
Never done and want to!
Journey into Imagination with Figment: Why not? It's a revamped classic. I actually know nothing about this ride...
Soarin: I've only ridden the (identical) version in CA. To be honest, I don't get the hype, but if the line isn't too long after we hit Test Track in the morning, I'd like Zach to experience it (even though his desire isn't that high).

Living with the Land: Neither of us are interested in plants. Plus, I'd probably get bummed out seeing the little alligators, and knowing what their fate was. (I am not a vegetarian, but I don't like seeing my food live before I eat it!)
Any of the WS movies (besides Norway or the American Adventure): We'd rather tour the shops and talk to the cast members. Plus, if I stand still in one place without walking, my knees tend to lock and I get lightheaded. I know, that's my problem and I need to learn to stand correctly!

Animal Kingdom
Of course, Zach's never been here, but I plan on simply repeating when I've already done (save the refurbed rides) and probably trying out FOTLK as a new experience.

Hollywood Studios
Never done and want to!
One Man's Dream: I may have quickly run through here, but we both want to spend a long time taking in everything this trip!

Animation Academy: This would be laughable-- neither of us is terribly artistic. I just know we wouldn't get into it.
Indy: No strong appeal...
LMA: Neither of us are "car" people. Zach likes some action movies, but not enough to want to sit on hot benches and watch this!

Liberty Belle Steamship is a nice breather. Just be careful where you stand. I stood to close to one of the steamers and it kept dripping hot water on me! TTA is also a relaxing ride.

I never wait in line for Dumbo. 60 minutes? For a ride that does nothing but go around in a circle? Nope. If I had kids, different story. I'm like you, no line I'll go on it.

I simply do not get the fascination with Living with the Land. :confused3 I've read about it in so many people's TRs and :confused3 What's the appeal? Someone enlighten me!

If you've seen LMA once, there's no need to see it again. I will see it in 2012 because Lightning McQueen is now part of the show. If you have time, give it a try. Indy's always funf or us but Kris is a huge Indy fan.

Give the Animation Academy a try! You might be surprised!

I agree with jenny105 - give the Animation Academy a chance, I didn't think we'd like it either, but after one time we were hooked!

:laughing: Ben and I are going to Lake Compounce tomorrow with friends! That is too random; we've never been there and made plans to go about a month ago. Maybe we'll see you 'round!

I love this idea- we did something similar in May. And we learned that most things we've skipped before were better left undone. :lmao:

But, Liberty Belle was very nice, we were glad we got to ride it.

The stunt shows at DHS are totally boring to me. Not worth the wait, the heat, or the aggravation of leaving. But I also have never done Fantasmic! and don't care to, so my opinion may be skewed...

Someone else who doesn't get the Soarin' hype! Sometimes I feel like I need to turn my 'Diser' badge in cause I don't think that ride is amazing. :rolleyes:

I happen to like Living with the Land, but if you don't like plants, don't bother. And I hate the stupid alligator thing, too... after learning exactly what is in store for them, especially.

I'm not a big fan of AK, it's definitely my least favorite park, but each time I go, I like it a little more. I LOVE EE and the Safari...everything else I'm kind of just "eh" about. There is still so much I haven't done at that park...I have yet to do FOTLK, even though I hear it's amazing! You guys should go, even if it's just for a half day!

I love the Peoplemover in MK, you definitely have to do it if you have time! The WS movies are SO good! You can sit in the France one...it's a bit outdated, but it's still really beautiful, and the Canada one is awesome! You have to stand,but they have rails you can lean against! :laughing:

I'm not artistic at all, but I really want to try Animation Academy at least once in my life! Everyone seems to love it!:banana:

I haven't been to Lake Compounce in years!! I actually thought about asking my DH if we could go this weekend, but of course, I didn't! It would have been a nice day to go, have a great time! :)

I love these lists, I need to put one together too to store away for my next trip. Ok, I think you MUST do Living with the Land. It has probably the most boring theme for an attraction but it is so interesting, and I promise I have zero interest in plants (or really anything outdoors, period). :laughing: It's funny, but it is a definite must do for us every time. If nothing else, it is relaxing and gets you off your feet for a while. :thumbsup2 You can do it right after or before Soarin', which I think is fabulous by the way. ;)

I'm not into cars either (although I do like action movies to an extent) but we saw LMA for the first time on the honeymoon and we really enjoyed it. They give you a lot of behind the scenes info about how action scenes are shot, so it's more informative than just watching the action. If you have any interest in "how they make the movie" kind of stuff, I think you would like it.

Liberty Belle Steamship is a nice breather. Just be careful where you stand. I stood to close to one of the steamers and it kept dripping hot water on me! TTA is also a relaxing ride.

I never wait in line for Dumbo. 60 minutes? For a ride that does nothing but go around in a circle? Nope. If I had kids, different story. I'm like you, no line I'll go on it.

I simply do not get the fascination with Living with the Land. :confused3 I've read about it in so many people's TRs and :confused3 What's the appeal? Someone enlighten me!

If you've seen LMA once, there's no need to see it again. I will see it in 2012 because Lightning McQueen is now part of the show. If you have time, give it a try. Indy's always funf or us but Kris is a huge Indy fan.

Give the Animation Academy a try! You might be surprised!
Thanks for the tip on the Liberty Belle-- hot dripping water does not sound fun!
Maybe we will give LMA a try-- just once. We usually finish up DHS pretty quickly (around 3ish), so it wouldn't be terrible to have something to lengthen our time there.

I agree with jenny105 - give the Animation Academy a chance, I didn't think we'd like it either, but after one time we were hooked!
I've heard that about AA a lot, actually! I wouldn't mind just hearing about how the animation process, but drawing...no thanks!

:laughing: Ben and I are going to Lake Compounce tomorrow with friends! That is too random; we've never been there and made plans to go about a month ago. Maybe we'll see you 'round!

I love this idea- we did something similar in May. And we learned that most things we've skipped before were better left undone. :lmao:

But, Liberty Belle was very nice, we were glad we got to ride it.

The stunt shows at DHS are totally boring to me. Not worth the wait, the heat, or the aggravation of leaving. But I also have never done Fantasmic! and don't care to, so my opinion may be skewed...

Someone else who doesn't get the Soarin' hype! Sometimes I feel like I need to turn my 'Diser' badge in cause I don't think that ride is amazing. :rolleyes:

I happen to like Living with the Land, but if you don't like plants, don't bother. And I hate the stupid alligator thing, too... after learning exactly what is in store for them, especially.
I read this yesterday morning but didn't have time to respond! I got really excited and creepily tried to find you all day hahah. Do you think you saw me at all?? I was with five other people and wearing a dark magenta v-neck and khaki shorts! Did you have a good time?? We had fun but spent too much time standing in the hot sun trying to decide what to do next!
Haha, yes, I'm glad I have another Soarin-disliking person to commiserate with! I don't hate it...I just don't see the big deal about it. Not worth the wait.

I'm not a big fan of AK, it's definitely my least favorite park, but each time I go, I like it a little more. I LOVE EE and the Safari...everything else I'm kind of just "eh" about. There is still so much I haven't done at that park...I have yet to do FOTLK, even though I hear it's amazing! You guys should go, even if it's just for a half day!

I love the Peoplemover in MK, you definitely have to do it if you have time! The WS movies are SO good! You can sit in the France one...it's a bit outdated, but it's still really beautiful, and the Canada one is awesome! You have to stand,but they have rails you can lean against! :laughing:

I'm not artistic at all, but I really want to try Animation Academy at least once in my life! Everyone seems to love it!:banana:

I haven't been to Lake Compounce in years!! I actually thought about asking my DH if we could go this weekend, but of course, I didn't! It would have been a nice day to go, have a great time! :)
We'll definitely go to AK, I just really think it'll be a half day thing. We're big History Channel nerds and watch a lot of WS-type things at home, which is another reason I don't think those movies have ever appealed. There's so much you can do ONLY in Disney, and those movies aren't them! That's the way we feel, anyway...
Lake Compounce was fun! We ended up spending seven hours there-- a lot longer than I thought! I hadn't been in years either!

I love these lists, I need to put one together too to store away for my next trip. Ok, I think you MUST do Living with the Land. It has probably the most boring theme for an attraction but it is so interesting, and I promise I have zero interest in plants (or really anything outdoors, period). :laughing: It's funny, but it is a definite must do for us every time. If nothing else, it is relaxing and gets you off your feet for a while. :thumbsup2 You can do it right after or before Soarin', which I think is fabulous by the way. ;)

I'm not into cars either (although I do like action movies to an extent) but we saw LMA for the first time on the honeymoon and we really enjoyed it. They give you a lot of behind the scenes info about how action scenes are shot, so it's more informative than just watching the action. If you have any interest in "how they make the movie" kind of stuff, I think you would like it.
Haha, from one not-outdoorsy girl to another, I have never had any interest in plants or gardening AT ALL!! I think if we want to get into the A/C, we'll just go into a store or two, lol.
I know that most people, like you, love Soarin! I think it's just okay-- but I'm sure you all appreciate that-- one less person clogging up the line ;)
We MIGHT go see LMA, based on yours and other Disser's advice. I just wish it was an indoor show, haha.

We had a fabulous time at Lake Compounce! I kept my eyes peeled, but I didn't see you. Did Zach go, too? I thought I saw him, and if you went on the flume and he didn't... then I am pretty sure it was him. But if that didn't happen, then this was just some guy that kinda looked like what I remembered Zach looking like. :rotfl:

I'm another Soarin' fan. But I'm happy that you don't like it because it's one less person in line! :lmao:
I have no interest in LMA. And I would totally skip Animation Academy except I have a child who is an amazing artist and loves it. :confused3 That alone is worth it! I'm a really bad artist.
Liberty Belle is fine. We're done it once. I would do it again if the timing worked out and we needed a little break. It's definitely NOT a must-do. TTA, on the other hand, I love!
I hate the Indy cars but my kids, sadly, love it. You aren't missing anything!!!
Dumbo is also for the kids but it has a nostalgic appeal. We're never done Swiss Family Treehouse either.

Amanda

We had a fabulous time at Lake Compounce! I kept my eyes peeled, but I didn't see you. Did Zach go, too? I thought I saw him, and if you went on the flume and he didn't... then I am pretty sure it was him. But if that didn't happen, then this was just some guy that kinda looked like what I remembered Zach looking like. :rotfl:
Was he wearing a red t-shirt and jeans?? If so, I totally bet you saw him, because yes, all of us went on the flume and Zach didn't! That's so funny! People ALWAYS remember/notice him at restaurants and such-- with the glasses, he has a pretty memorable face. We'll go places and people will have no idea that they met me, but always remember him!
Did you try the Wildcat? I thought it was soooo painful, but I loved Boulder Dash!

I'm another Soarin' fan. But I'm happy that you don't like it because it's one less person in line! :lmao:
I have no interest in LMA. And I would totally skip Animation Academy except I have a child who is an amazing artist and loves it. :confused3 That alone is worth it! I'm a really bad artist.
Liberty Belle is fine. We're done it once. I would do it again if the timing worked out and we needed a little break. It's definitely NOT a must-do. TTA, on the other hand, I love!
I hate the Indy cars but my kids, sadly, love it. You aren't missing anything!!!
Dumbo is also for the kids but it has a nostalgic appeal. We're never done Swiss Family Treehouse either.

Amanda

I think if you're into art, Animation Academy is pretty amazing...but not for us! I was thinking Liberty Belle was more of a post-lunch, time to get off our feet thing-- definitely not something to wait in line for. I'm excited to ride TTA and go through Space Mountain!

Was he wearing a red t-shirt and jeans?? If so, I totally bet you saw him, because yes, all of us went on the flume and Zach didn't! That's so funny! People ALWAYS remember/notice him at restaurants and such-- with the glasses, he has a pretty memorable face. We'll go places and people will have no idea that they met me, but always remember him!
Did you try the Wildcat? I thought it was soooo painful, but I loved Boulder Dash!

Yup, I knew it! My group was feeling a bit ill after riding too many things in a row, so we stopped for a break at the tables by the flume.
I hoped whoever he was waiting for (in case it was you) would turn up before we moseyed on, but our friends were ready to get going before you turned up.
If Zach got the feeling that someone was staring at him while he was waiting, tell him I am sorry! :rotfl:

Wildcat was very painful! We rode Boulder Dash a bunch of times- it was awesome!

TTA is a must for us at MK...Jasmine always takes a picture of our feet on this ride...don't ask me why...but if you go...take a picture of your feet on the bench across from you...she'll love it!

Animation Academy is now a must for us after we had so much there last year. We have never laughed so hard at my lack-of-drawing ability. Great time!

Yup, I knew it! My group was feeling a bit ill after riding too many things in a row, so we stopped for a break at the tables by the flume.
I hoped whoever he was waiting for (in case it was you) would turn up before we moseyed on, but our friends were ready to get going before you turned up.
If Zach got the feeling that someone was staring at him while he was waiting, tell him I am sorry! :rotfl:

Wildcat was very painful! We rode Boulder Dash a bunch of times- it was awesome!
You totally should have said hi to him! I'm always reading him clips from your TR's and told him we might run into you, so he wouldn't have been weirded out lol.
I still can't believe how long we stayed there-- seven hours without going into the water park! There's not that much to do there!

TTA is a must for us at MK...Jasmine always takes a picture of our feet on this ride...don't ask me why...but if you go...take a picture of your feet on the bench across from you...she'll love it!

Animation Academy is now a must for us after we had so much there last year. We have never laughed so hard at my lack-of-drawing ability. Great time!
Haha-- I will TOTALLY take a picture like that!

So this is a kind of boring mini-update, but I forgot to tell everyone that we paid off our trip a couple of days ago!! :cool1: We booked in December, so we've had a long time to pay it off. I've put basically the whole trip on our Disney Visa, so we're really racking up the points! I signed up for it last October when I got an offer for 200 rewards points. I used those points to knock off a significant chunk off our trip! Right now, we have 49 points and we'll have even more at the end of the month since I put the last $800 of our package on the 9th. I don't know how high the interest is since we pay it off every month, but I've heard it's killer! Plus, I don't really know how the 6 months 0% financing on your Disney vacation works. Is it 6 months after the first payment on your vacation or 6 months after your vacation ends? Either way, we always pay it off!
We'll probably use our points to pay for the tips at our TS restaurants...maybe put some towards my new pick-a-pearl.
Who else is excited about Harry Potter 7 Part II this Friday?? I only very recently read the books and fell in love (so much better than the movies, even though the movies are pretty good). It does feel like the end of an era! I am glad WWoHP was built to continue the magic!

No update where you tell us that you've paid off your trip could ever be boring....so happy for you guys!:cool1:

I have to say that I agree with you about the Harry Potter books....everytime I started a new one I couldn't put it down!

Woohoo for paying off your trip!

I'm going to see HP next Wednesday. I'm going to bawl like a baby when it's over. I love those books and the movies are events in themselves.

At least I have the Hunger Games movies starting next year. I hope those are good. Better than Twilight anyway!

Yay for paying off your trip! That is always such a good feeling! :woohoo:
It really is! It's such a "no turning back" feeling-- we're officially going!!

No update where you tell us that you've paid off your trip could ever be boring....so happy for you guys!:cool1:

I have to say that I agree with you about the Harry Potter books....everytime I started a new one I couldn't put it down!
The books were just wonderful. I thought this last movie was alright, but nothing compared to the book!

Woohoo for paying off your trip!

I'm going to see HP next Wednesday. I'm going to bawl like a baby when it's over. I love those books and the movies are events in themselves.

At least I have the Hunger Games movies starting next year. I hope those are good. Better than Twilight anyway!
See, I thought I was going to bawl and didn't! Don't let my opinion give you a false impression though-- a lot of people loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter