"How Can The Second Trip Be As Good as the First??" (We're baaaack-- 9/1!)

We're not huge wine people, but good ambiance, service, and food sounds right up our alley! What dish did you have there?

I had the mussells and then the scallops (sense a theme here?). My DH had the mushroom soup and I think he had the salmon, but I don't remember. We tend to order more seafood when we go out. My dessert was some wonderful cobbler. I just made an ADR for December so it will be interesting to see what my meat loving son picks.

Great trip recap! :thumbsup2 Love the story about the little girl congratulating Zach on his first visit, how cute! :lovestruc

I have to try to use my snack credits for better things too! I always get a lot of popcorn, can't give that up, but I want to try some new things with the snack credits too! I think a lot of them will be used on Food and Wine this year! :thumbsup2

I hope everyone had a nice weekend! Ours was pretty quiet-- Zach actually felt really sick, so we didn't end up doing any of our Disney shopping plans (or visiting the antique town). He finally went to the doctor today and was told he had strep! This was kind of odd since his throat wasn't really hurting-- just the chills/sweats, fever, queasy stomach, tiredness. Oh well-- at least now he has meds and should soon be on the mend!

TRANSPORTATION!
This post will probably be boring to anyone who isn't me, haha. A secret of mine-- I love flying. LOVE it. I love airports and their shops and food courts. I don't even mind the flight home, even though I know it means vacation is over-- because I get to fly again! My two favorite airports are MCO and JFK, only one of which I'll be visiting this trip! Our flight to Florida leaves from LaGuardia around 8:00 a.m.
laguardia.jpg

Photo from Intercounty Paving
LGA is okay, it's just not quite as expansive as JFK. It doesn't have as many shops or food choices and definitely lacks JFK's international flavor. Those ridiculous things aside (which I well know are ridiculous things to be concerned with!), LGA is only 15 minutes away from my dad's house in the Bronx, where we'll stay the night before to save time and the cost of a towncar from our house. Also, we had an Airtran credit from when we were supposed to go to FL last fall that we didn't want to go to waste (Airtran doesn't fly out of JFK).
Airtran does fly out of our local airport, but we had a bad experience there in 2009-- we flew Delta then. Since it's such a small airport, there's only two agency per ticket counter and one or two security lines. A man had bought his ticket off of Expedia and Delta had no record of his purchase. Understandably (but still frustrating to us), he flipped our, hogging one agent's complete attention, leaving only one to check in a huge line of travelers. Security was a nightmare-- so long. By the time we got to our gate, they were already boarding! This trip definitely made me appreciate the conveniences of large airports!
After a stopover (no changing planes, thankfully) in Ohio (that totally makes sense), we'll land at MCO at 12:00 p.m.
mco-orlando.jpg

Photo from Florida Sun Car Rental
I love MCO, as I said before. There's nothing like feeling the Disney atmosphere as soon as you land in FL-- I love seeing all of the ads and riding that monorail!
The next mode of transportation we'll hit up is one of Zach's favorite things about Disney-- Magical Express!
dme.jpg

Photo from The Travelears
Last time we went, the line at the counter was horribly long, but since we already had our tickets, we just got checked in by a man at a podium and waved on to the POR line! I hope this happens again. As much as I love MCO, we got pretty lost looking for ME last time and I got a tad frustrated-- I just wanted to get to Disney! to wait in that line would have been torture! Even though this year we probably will know where we're going, I want to be quickly checked in and then sent on the appropriate ME (non-Mears) bus!
Zach was slightly disappointed when we went to Vegas that we had to pick up our own luggage and pay for our shuttle-- again, he's not the most seasoned traveler! I had to ruefully explain that Disney is the wonderful exception, not the norm! He loves how Disney takes care of you, right from the start.
We'll never rent a car in Disney-- we love those buses! Zach doesn't really like to drive, so part of vacation for him is leaving that to someone else. I know some people take issue with the buses, but we've never waited excessively long for one or had any problems.
The only other type of transportation we'll be taking is a Mears shuttle from POR to US/IOA!
mears-transportation-group.jpg

I plan to call two days in advance instead of the recommended 24 hours so we can hopefully get the earliest possible shuttle. IOA opens at 9, so I'm hoping for a 7:15 bus. Traffic, since it's a Sunday, shouldn't be bad, so we should get there between 30-45.
Of course, we'll have to get on the sad Disney bus at the end of the week to our 3:00 p.m. flight home :sad2:. My only gripe with Disney is how early ME makes you leave. I wish there was a set schedule of times that you could pick from-- I don't need to be at the airport three hours early from a domestic flight!

I had the mussells and then the scallops (sense a theme here?). My DH had the mushroom soup and I think he had the salmon, but I don't remember. We tend to order more seafood when we go out. My dessert was some wonderful cobbler. I just made an ADR for December so it will be interesting to see what my meat loving son picks.
Yum! I do love seafood-- the mussel dish sounds just wonderful. The desserts sound really good too, but we'll be hitting the Wishes Dessert Party afterward! Have to save room!

Great trip recap! :thumbsup2 Love the story about the little girl congratulating Zach on his first visit, how cute! :lovestruc

I have to try to use my snack credits for better things too! I always get a lot of popcorn, can't give that up, but I want to try some new things with the snack credits too! I think a lot of them will be used on Food and Wine this year! :thumbsup2
I love that story-- whenever I bring it up to Zach, he talks about how he would be SO happy if we ran into the little girl and her family again this year! Obviously he knows the odds are like zero, but she really made an impression on him! Being at the Food and Wine Festival should make it VERY easy to use your credits on different things!

So I used to love flying, but now I hate it. But I still love airports, so I get that part!

I have complained loud and often about ME picking up so early for flights. But on our last trip, the bus was late and we made so many stops that we actually were cutting it pretty close. Well, not that close... but closer than planned :laughing:

Sorry Zach is sick! Funny, when my oldest was young I took him to the doctor because he was running a fever and complaining that his stomach really hurt - he ended up having streep too and never once had a sore throat, I thought that was very odd at the time but I guess it's not.

I don't like how early ME picks you up either, especially now that you can check your luggage at the resort. It's not like it's going to take 2-3 hours just to get through security! I guess we can't complain too much though, it is free transportation!

Reading about your travel plans actually makes me WANT to fly again soon! I don't feel your passion for airports, but I do love that magical express!

I flew out of JFK last year on JetBlue. That terminal is absolutely beautiful! I love JetBlue. They don't fly as often out of Newark. I detest Newark Airport.

I love MCO as well. Hands down, nicest airport I've ever been in. I haven't taken Magical Express since my 2009 trip. I miss it!

I'm with you...I love airports, I love the shops, watching the planes take off and land....as long as I'm not on them:lmao: I don't share your love of flying but I know it gets me where I'm going in the fastest possible time!

I think we're switching our IOA day thanks to your tip! Hope Zach is feeling better!

So I used to love flying, but now I hate it. But I still love airports, so I get that part!

I have complained loud and often about ME picking up so early for flights. But on our last trip, the bus was late and we made so many stops that we actually were cutting it pretty close. Well, not that close... but closer than planned :laughing:
If I had the terrible flying experience you had, I'd probably not love it any more either! Haha-- not ACTUALLY close, just ME close. What, did you only have 2 hours to get through security? ;)

Sorry Zach is sick! Funny, when my oldest was young I took him to the doctor because he was running a fever and complaining that his stomach really hurt - he ended up having streep too and never once had a sore throat, I thought that was very odd at the time but I guess it's not.

I don't like how early ME picks you up either, especially now that you can check your luggage at the resort. It's not like it's going to take 2-3 hours just to get through security! I guess we can't complain too much though, it is free transportation!
Thanks-- he's feeling mostly better now! That's so strange-- this case with Zach (and now Justin) is the only time I've heard of such a case of strep. Like I said, it's my only Disney gripe! I'd much rather those delightful videos and long airport wait than a renting a car or getting a generic airport shuttle to take us back!

Reading about your travel plans actually makes me WANT to fly again soon! I don't feel your passion for airports, but I do love that magical express!
Haha, I imagine I am close to alone in my airport obsession! I think ME was one of Disney's best ideas ever-- nothing like those videos and feeling "taken care of" the minute you land!

I flew out of JFK last year on JetBlue. That terminal is absolutely beautiful! I love JetBlue. They don't fly as often out of Newark. I detest Newark Airport.

I love MCO as well. Hands down, nicest airport I've ever been in. I haven't taken Magical Express since my 2009 trip. I miss it!
Jetblue does seem amazing! We've never flown them, though-- any flights we try to get with them are always super expensive! I do hope we get to eventually.

I'm with you...I love airports, I love the shops, watching the planes take off and land....as long as I'm not on them:lmao: I don't share your love of flying but I know it gets me where I'm going in the fastest possible time!

I think we're switching our IOA day thanks to your tip! Hope Zach is feeling better!
I just love the atmosphere of airports! I'm glad others share my feelings! :goodvibes Good! Like I said, originally we thought Monday would be light, but those US/IOA experts set us straight! Zach is feeling much better, thanks!

I forgot to mention that besides taking care of Zach, I did see my brother this weekend. That wouldn't be PTR-related except that he gave me my birthday presents (it was the 2nd)! The way my brother works with Christmas and birthday is he asks for exactly what you want, with corresponding links so he can purchase easily online. I gave him a bunch of things I'd like to have for my trip but don't necessarily feel like spending my own money!
Here's what he picked out for me:
coach_thumb.jpg

Photo courtesy of Saltrocks.ca
Mine is silver and came on a matching chain! I had found an Ebay link here on the DIS and fell in love! I picked a pearl our last trip and loved the experience! we're not huge "souvenir" people, so I liked having a piece of jewelry that I could wear often and be reminded of Disney (mine was set into a ring). This pearl cage is a bit more "Disney," but in a subtle, pretty way. It's a bit small, so I hope I don't get a huge pearl!
125765_hi

Photo courtesy of Hottopic.com
I decided to go big or go home when it came to WWoHP-- I'm going to be rocking this t-shirt both when we see the movie and to the theme park. Our friends like to make fun of me for loving the "evil" house, but I've always helf the belief that Draco Malfoy is truly good at heart ;). When I say always, I really mean the past couple of years. I only just read the books this past winter-- I have to say, as much as I enjoyed the movies the past few years, they don't hold a candle to the books. I'm glad I finally read them-- not sure why I was so reluctant!
Gold+Havaianas.jpg

Photo courtesy of the City Lifestylist
I wanted something a little more feminine than my thickly strapped Reef flip flops (that I wear during the day in the parks) for dinners. I know Emma (disneybarbie) wears them all day in the parks and finds them really comfy, so I decided to try them out. I love them so far!
I also received a trip-related birthday present from Zach. He got me this gorgeous Coach crossbody
untitled8989899999.bmp

Photo courtesy of ilovetotebag.blogspot.com
For leather, it's very lightweight. Again, it's a bit more formal than my regular park bag (VB hipster) for the sundresses I'll wear at night. I'm so glad the crossbody trend is so popular now. I love being hands-free while shopping or park-touring and there's so many great options out right now! I'll have a whole post devoted to the different bags the come on trips with me soon!

This weekend will be very busy! Saturday, I'm going to Six Flags with two good friends of mine. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and do a mini-TR. I'm sure it won't be as fun as Disney, but I'm looking forward to those coasters! They've just added a Green Lantern coaster where you STAND! :scared1: I'm 5'3" and cannot imagine a standing coaster that can accommodate someone my height and someone 6'0"! I love thrill rides but will probably be skipping that one! The wooden coaster, el Toro, has the steepest drop of any wooden coaster in America-- much more my style!
On Sunday, I am volunteering my time at this leadership camp for high-school students. I attended this camp in high-school and was later a counselor, then a staff member. I'm less involved now but still devote some of my time-- it's really empowering for these students. It's amazing to see students, in just five days, learn to be better leaders, come out of their shells and make friends with people they'd never be friends with in their high-school. I'll be there all day Sunday.
Monday will be a busy day at work (in publishing, the end of the month always is-- as I'm learning now, more so with magazines than books ever were!) and after, we have our company summer party. Our CEO is leaving and they're throwing a huge bash. I don't mind most of the people I work with, but an after-hours party the first day of the week after a really busy weekend is NOT something I'm looking forward to.
I hope everyone else has a lovely weekend!

Ugh, I don't like flying, but I love airports! I'm not a big fan of JFK, though, I didn't think it was very nice when I flew out of there, but then again, that was years ago, maybe it's nicer now! I love MCO! :cool1:

Your birthday presents are so cute! I love that Cinderella coach pearl cage, I really want to do pick a pearl someday and get one! :thumbsup2 And that Coach bag is beautiful! :lovestruc I have a purple Coach bag that I usually use in the parks, but it's kind of getting to be too small, so I think I'm going to finally get a VB hipster! I just don't know what pattern to get! :laughing:

I haven't been to Six Flags in forever, are you going to the one in NJ? I want to go on the Kingda Ka SOOOO bad, it looks terrifying! I don't think I'd go on a coaster where you stand up, though! Have a great time! :)

First, happy belated birthday! Great gifts! :) I love Slytherin too. I'm a Malfoy fan as well. And Snape! I love Snape!

El Toro is a great coaster but I'm not a fan of Six Flags. It's always super crowded. When I last went there, it was maybe 2 or 3 years ago, we took my nephew for his birthday. It was a weekday and we got on maybe 3 or 4 rides the entire day because everything had a 2 hour line. It was ridiculous. I vowed never to go there again and told him we had to go to Dorney Park for his birthday the following year instead. That was much better! I hope you have better luck!

Love the Cinderella coach charm - so cute!

And your purse :love: Zach did good! Did you have to give him that idea or did he come up with it all on his own?

Have fun at Six Flags! My boys love all the thrill ride there, me, not so much...... :sick:

Ugh, I don't like flying, but I love airports! I'm not a big fan of JFK, though, I didn't think it was very nice when I flew out of there, but then again, that was years ago, maybe it's nicer now! I love MCO! :cool1:

Your birthday presents are so cute! I love that Cinderella coach pearl cage, I really want to do pick a pearl someday and get one! :thumbsup2 And that Coach bag is beautiful! :lovestruc I have a purple Coach bag that I usually use in the parks, but it's kind of getting to be too small, so I think I'm going to finally get a VB hipster! I just don't know what pattern to get! :laughing:

I haven't been to Six Flags in forever, are you going to the one in NJ? I want to go on the Kingda Ka SOOOO bad, it looks terrifying! I don't think I'd go on a coaster where you stand up, though! Have a great time! :)
There's SO many different VB patterns, it can definitely be hard to choose! I really like Very Berry Paisley-- that's the pattern of my hipster!

First, happy belated birthday! Great gifts! :) I love Slytherin too. I'm a Malfoy fan as well. And Snape! I love Snape!

El Toro is a great coaster but I'm not a fan of Six Flags. It's always super crowded. When I last went there, it was maybe 2 or 3 years ago, we took my nephew for his birthday. It was a weekday and we got on maybe 3 or 4 rides the entire day because everything had a 2 hour line. It was ridiculous. I vowed never to go there again and told him we had to go to Dorney Park for his birthday the following year instead. That was much better! I hope you have better luck!
Thanks! Obviously I love Snape, too! I love coasters and haven't been to Six Flags in over two years, so I figured it was about time. It's obviously no Disney! (Or Busch Gardens--- my favorite non-Disney theme park.) Augh, I hope the lines aren't too terrible Saturday! The kids have only just gotten out of school (that's my thinking, anyway).

Love the Cinderella coach charm - so cute!

And your purse :love: Zach did good! Did you have to give him that idea or did he come up with it all on his own?

Have fun at Six Flags! My boys love all the thrill ride there, me, not so much...... :sick:
Zach is fantastic at a lot of things-- one of them being picking out presents! He resents being "told" what to give and loves to pick out what he thinks I'll love. He's never disappointed me! :lovestruc
Thanks! It should be a fun day-- I love coasters!

Thanks! Obviously I love Snape, too! I love coasters and haven't been to Six Flags in over two years, so I figured it was about time. It's obviously no Disney! (Or Busch Gardens--- my favorite non-Disney theme park.) Augh, I hope the lines aren't too terrible Saturday! The kids have only just gotten out of school (that's my thinking, anyway).

I don't mind other non-Disney theme park. Busch Gardens (both of them) are beautiful and locally I love Hershey Park and even Dorney Park. There's just something about Six Flags I do not like!

Zach did a great job in the present department:worship: Love your Coach! I need to buy a summer Coach purse...I have a black one that I love, but I've seen some pretty nice summery ones...and every girl needs a purse for every season right:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter