"How Can The Second Trip Be As Good as the First??" (We're baaaack-- 9/1!)

I've never been to Rose and Crown, but it looked neat when we met up with Kristen and Chris there. I definitely recommend going to the secluded Illuminations viewing as soon as they start letting you. It can get packed in there quickly!

The Coral Reef is fun! I think it's so neat seeing all the fish and the occasional scuba diver swimming by.

I cannot wait to eat at the Cali Grill for the first time on our honeymoon next year!

WCC is so much fun! The skillet is very good. And yes you're right, for those who don't like barbeque-type food can order something else. Hope you get a good waiter/waitress!

Chefs de France is another place I can't wait to try on our honeymoon. It just looks so neat.

If you change your mind about LTT, Tony's is a good place to eat. I know it gets mixed reviews on here, but we love it. If you're not in the mood for Italian, the Contemporary is just a quick 7-10 minute walk from the MK; so there's no waiting for a monorail. The Wave is a great place to eat there.

I'm in! :cool1:

Your ADR's look great! I love WCC, it's so much fun, and the food is really good! And I've only been to LTT for lunch, but I'll be trying it for dinner in October, I think it looks pretty good, and it's nice already being in MK! :thumbsup2 I've always wanted to try Chef's, but I can never fit it in! :laughing:

GREAT choices! Now I'm hungry... :laughing:
Haha, sometimes I just torture myself by going on All Ears and looking at the menus!

I think I died a little inside when I heard Henrik was engaged. I'll never look at him the same way again. If I find out Ryan Callahan is engaged, I might lose it completely. :rotfl:

I forgot all about the FD promo from last yr! And I'm a TA, shame on me! Nice you were able to take advantage of it.

Your dining choices look good! I've never been to any except Coral Reef. I liked it but thought the portions were small. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience at Ohana. I've been there twice and loved it both times!
Haha-- :rotfl: Zach loves Cally, but not quite as much as Henrik. I'm mildly obsessed with Gaborik. Mildly. ;)
Most people do love Ohana-- I think we just don't like sweetness in entrees, which is basically what Ohana is all about! We also had AWFUL service-- I'm talking about asking for steak three times and the waiter only bringing shrimp. :confused:

I'm here! :goodvibes I'm so excited that you have a report going! I can't wait to read about all of your plans! The ADRs look great. I wouldn't change a single one of them! :thumbsup2
Thanks!! :goodvibes

Joining in, we're going back again August 26 to Sep 1. We were there last year from the Aug 27 to Sep 4 and the crowds were great and the weather fantastic, we had drizzle one night the first weekend and that was it, no rain, no afternoon storms, nothing the rest of the week. Unusual, but great! You'll love it, most rides were walk on or less than a 10 minute wait all day long.

WCC is great, the Canyon Skillet is yummy. I could do without all the antics really, but it wasn't too bad when we were there last year, didn't even hear a ketchup call. If your guy is meat and potatoes he'll love it. And it's just a short boat ride from MK. Coral Reef is good too, although our service was a bit slow and it wasn't busy when we went, but it was lunch time. We did get a tank side table by making the first reservation time when they opened for lunch. Because it wasn't crowded we didn't really have issues with people coming up around us, but that could be annoying for sure. We ate with a Stingray watching us the whole time though :lmao:
Ahhh, I LOVE hearing about non-existent wait times!! I think WCC is the one I'm most excited for! I'm whatever about the antics-- if they mess with us great, if not, great, too! Haha, love the idea of a stingray staring you guys down!

Hi Kylie!

I am here :banana:

It's so funny how similar we are!!!

I didn't realise you did Vegas last year? Where did you stay? Vegas is my second favourite holiday destination!!

I have checked and none of our ADR's match but I will send you a list of where we are going each day to see if any of those match - it would be lovely to meet up for a drink if we can ...

Sara xx
Hi Sara!! We definitely must compare plans (mine will go up on here soon!)-- meeting up for a drink would be fantastic!
We LOVED Vegas! I can't wait to go back! (We're probably going next year with Zach's family-- his parents are celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary) We stayed at Caesars Palace- it was incredible. We got an upgrade to the most amazing hotel room I've ever stayed in. You can check out pictures of it on my Facebook!

Good ADRs!!!
We really like California Grill. I've never had dinner at Liberty Tree but we go there for lunch on most trips. I also like Chefs de France. We've never eaten at Flying Fish, Rose & Crown, or Whispering Canyon.

Amanda
Like I said, Zach is more excited about California Grill than I am, but I am getting more intrigued by it. That view is just amazing!

Love your ADR list! Ben and I loved WCC! We ate there as part of the Backstage Magic tour and weren't sure what to expect. We didn't get to order- they just brought out the skillets and it was delicious! The cobbler dessert (haha, I couldn't remember how many 'esses' were in 'dessert' vs. 'desert' and almost put three in for good measure...) was amazing!!!
HAHA-- it's two ss's in dessert because you'd rather have more dessert than more desert! (Thank you first grade teacher!)
I think the skillet sounds sooo yummy! I can't wait!

I've never been to Rose and Crown, but it looked neat when we met up with Kristen and Chris there. I definitely recommend going to the secluded Illuminations viewing as soon as they start letting you. It can get packed in there quickly!

The Coral Reef is fun! I think it's so neat seeing all the fish and the occasional scuba diver swimming by.

I cannot wait to eat at the Cali Grill for the first time on our honeymoon next year!

WCC is so much fun! The skillet is very good. And yes you're right, for those who don't like barbeque-type food can order something else. Hope you get a good waiter/waitress!

Chefs de France is another place I can't wait to try on our honeymoon. It just looks so neat.

If you change your mind about LTT, Tony's is a good place to eat. I know it gets mixed reviews on here, but we love it. If you're not in the mood for Italian, the Contemporary is just a quick 7-10 minute walk from the MK; so there's no waiting for a monorail. The Wave is a great place to eat there.
Illuminations is another reason I really want to try Rose and Crown-- we've never seen it! Aww, Cali Grill is definitely a great spot for a honeymoon dinner! So romantic. Same with Chefs de France!
We considered Tony's! That night is still up in the air. Zach's only reason against it is that he's SUPER Italian. As in-- has one of those tiny Italian grandmothers that cooks sauce and pasta and gnocchi from scratch and makes her own calamari batter. :rotfl: He's very picky with his Italian food. I think Tony's chicken parm looks so good, though!

I'm in! :cool1:

Your ADR's look great! I love WCC, it's so much fun, and the food is really good! And I've only been to LTT for lunch, but I'll be trying it for dinner in October, I think it looks pretty good, and it's nice already being in MK! :thumbsup2 I've always wanted to try Chef's, but I can never fit it in! :laughing:
Hi!! That's our whole reason for LTT-- to be in the MK on our last night. I burst into tears at Yachtsman in 2009 because I was so sad our trip was over. Zach couldn't get me out of there and into the MK fast enough, haha.

So, this is going to be a short update. I won't have time to post tonight or tomorrow because I have to drive to upstate New York to give a presentation at a conference. 5 hours in the car for a 10 minute presentation. Augh.
In happier news, the August dates for the Wishes Dessert Party were recently released!! I wanted to do something special and different on this trip and I think the party is perfect. I've heard of people not eating dinner so they can get their money' s worth by filling up on desserts, but I know we'd both feel sick if we did that! :sick: We'll have our entrees at Cali Grill (ADR is at 5:50) and have an appropriate amount of dessert at the party. Fortunately, this is a late Wishes night (10), so the party doesn't start until 9. By the time we finish dinner, we'll gave about an hour and a half before we engorge ouselves with sweets! Zach is really excited about having a reserved sport for Wishes without being shoved or crowded-- he loves that we get a designated table! I've heard mixed reports on how good the desserts are, but we're both pretty easy to please when it comes to Disney foods!

Subbing. I can't see your pix right now (restricted computer), but you meal choices sure look yummy!

The Wishes Dessert party is so much fun! :thumbsup2 I went on a night that we were at the Food and Wine festival first so instead of having a huge dinner, we just snacked on some Food and Wine goodies, then went over to MK for the party. I was still only able to eat one plate of desserts, they are really filling! The desserts are really good!

Great ADR choices Kylie! I never learn though to eat before I go on the Boards...then I'm starving:lmao: I'm with you on the Dessert Party....I booked it more for the convenience than "getting my monies worth". We thought we would do CS that evening (we're using our TS at lunch that day) then head to our table....we're all looking forward to not standing in a sea of people for once;)

I hope the presentation went well! :goodvibes

Yay for the Dessert Party! I can't wait to try it out on the honeymoon. It sounds like such a fun way to spend the evening. I can't imagine skipping dinner and just eating the sweets, though. I would be so sick too! I can't eat too much sugar on an empty stomach. I think your plan sounds great. You'll get to have a great meal, and then you'll have a good enough amount of time to let you food settle and work up a little appetite for some of the yummy desserts. :thumbsup2

The dessert parties sound fun! My kids are usually in bed long before 10pm so we've never done any of the dessert parties.

Amanda

Subbing. I can't see your pix right now (restricted computer), but you meal choices sure look yummy!
Welcome!! I'm pleased with our food choices-- I just need to back away from the online reservations on the Disney website! I still keep playing around even though I do like where we're eating!

Hi Kylie, subscribing! love the plans so far & great ADRs :thumbsup2

Emma princess: x
Hi, Emma!! Thanks :goodvibes

The Wishes Dessert party is so much fun! :thumbsup2 I went on a night that we were at the Food and Wine festival first so instead of having a huge dinner, we just snacked on some Food and Wine goodies, then went over to MK for the party. I was still only able to eat one plate of desserts, they are really filling! The desserts are really good!
That's really good to hear!! I'm excited for those mango shooter things-- if they're anything like the mango lassi's I used to sneak when I worked at an Indian restaurant in college, they'll be delicious! What were some of your favorite desserts there??

Great ADR choices Kylie! I never learn though to eat before I go on the Boards...then I'm starving:lmao: I'm with you on the Dessert Party....I booked it more for the convenience than "getting my monies worth". We thought we would do CS that evening (we're using our TS at lunch that day) then head to our table....we're all looking forward to not standing in a sea of people for once;)
Thanks! Eating a small meal definitely makes more sense, but oh well. Like you said-- moreso convenience and comfort than anything else!

I hope the presentation went well! :goodvibes

Yay for the Dessert Party! I can't wait to try it out on the honeymoon. It sounds like such a fun way to spend the evening. I can't imagine skipping dinner and just eating the sweets, though. I would be so sick too! I can't eat too much sugar on an empty stomach. I think your plan sounds great. You'll get to have a great meal, and then you'll have a good enough amount of time to let you food settle and work up a little appetite for some of the yummy desserts. :thumbsup2
Thanks, Courtney! It did go pretty well! I can't wait to hear about the dessert party in your TR! I agree-- I'm not a HUGE sweets person, so if I'm going to be eating a big dessert, I need real food in my stomach!

The dessert parties sound fun! My kids are usually in bed long before 10pm so we've never done any of the dessert parties.

Amanda
I think it should be really fun! At least you know not to drag your kids out in Disney after they just want to be in bed! I've seen too many crying kids in strollers during evening EMH!

I hope your presentation went well!

The Dessert Party sounds perfect for you and Zach! It's apparently pretty yummy and of course the view is great for Wishes! I think it's worth the extra money and am trying to convince DH to go next time we're in WDW!

Your trip will be here before you know it!

I hope your presentation went well!

The Dessert Party sounds perfect for you and Zach! It's apparently pretty yummy and of course the view is great for Wishes! I think it's worth the extra money and am trying to convince DH to go next time we're in WDW!

Your trip will be here before you know it!

It did go well, thanks!! :goodvibes I can't WAIT for the dessert party! I actually think it's pretty well priced and DEFINITELY worth it! I hope you can convince your DH!
I know-- I can't believe we're basically at 2.5 months! I NEED a vacation, so it will feel great!

Although part of the allure of Disney for Zach is the immersion factor (being in the magic 24/7, leaving the driving to someone else), this trip we decided we absolutely had to go see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! I grew up going to Universal as well as Disney and really do love it. Plus, we love watching the HP movies and reading the books. Zach finally relented on his “only Disney” rule when I showed him pictures of WWoHP! It really looks incredible and I've heard nothing but great reviews. We were actually supposed to go last November, but that unfortunately fell through.
As it's looking now, since we really don't want to rent a car (we love our ME!), we're going to take the Mears shuttle over to Universal. If the time slot isn't as early as I'd like, we'll just take a cab. I'll probably call in early July to see what the hours are. I want to get to IOA at least an hour before it opens. We'll have our tickets in advance, but I'll want to get Cinnabon on City Walk and be close to the front of the non-US resort guests line. I think we'll hit the rides and the wand show, but we'll only do the latter if the line is short enough. After experiencing some of IOA's other attractions, we'll go to US around midday for lunch and more rides. Zach is definitely not a thrill-rides person, so I think he'll prefer the simulators of US more than the thrill rides of IOA. I'll reveal more about what we plan to do in IOA/US when I do our day-to-day plans!

ETA: Does anyone know how I can edit the name of the thread so I can say when it has been updated? Thanks!!

Yay, glad you are going to Universal, it sounds like fun! :banana: I've only been there once, a long time ago, and my DH and I keep trying to fit it in to our trips, and we never make it over there! :confused3 We're thinking maybe this October, but who knows?

You can edit your thread title by going to the first post of this thread and clicking "edit"...then when the edit box comes up, click "go advanced" and there you will be able to change/edit the title of your thread! :)

Yay, glad you are going to Universal, it sounds like fun! :banana: I've only been there once, a long time ago, and my DH and I keep trying to fit it in to our trips, and we never make it over there! :confused3 We're thinking maybe this October, but who knows?

You can edit your thread title by going to the first post of this thread and clicking "edit"...then when the edit box comes up, click "go advanced" and there you will be able to change/edit the title of your thread! :)

I really love Universal and can't wait to show it to Zach! I totally think you and your DH should go in October! Thanks for the help!!

The dessert (thanks for the tip on spelling that, BTW :thumbsup2 ) party sounds awesome!

WWoHP was great- getting there early is key, much easier to appreciate the area before it's clogged with people!

I want to go over to Universal soon, too! If I had thought about it, the honeymoon would have been a great time since we'll be there so long, but there's always next time! I feel the same way as Zach - I don't want to get out of the Disney bubble even for a second! :lmao: But I do think it's time we head over there. I think Miguel will love it! I can't wait to hear what all you have planned there. It's been so long since I've been so it will be nice to get refresed on what all Universal has to offer! :goodvibes

So glad you're going to make time for WWoHP! It's fantastic! Words do not even describe what that ride is like, nothing I've ever been on. Think Soarin meets Dinosaur is the best I can do I guess! The area is themed so well. You're going to love it!

Do you know that Universal sells a 1 day Park to Park ticket with shuttle transportation from mears? They don't charge extra for the shuttle, it's a special they have going on right now. I'll get you more info if you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter