how can I pay for the condo?

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by Tony Toon, May 15, 2010.

  1. Tony Toon

    Tony Toon DIS Veteran

    Mar 30, 2004
    We have rented villas and condos for many years without problem in Florida. Currently however we are having a problem as the renter doesn't use credit card or paypal and is looking for payment by personal cheque or cashier's cheque (whatever that is?). We have either paid by credit card or paypal to US renters or sterling to UK based renters previously. Other methods of payment are proving very expensive adding considerably to the cost.

    Does anyone have any alternative ideas to solve the problem.

  2. UKDEB

    UKDEB Moderator Emeritus Moderator

    Jul 7, 2000
    A cashier's check is what we know as a banker's draft, but as they're issued in sterling and I imagine they want payment in dollars, that's not going to help. You could order a foreign draft from your bank, or pay by telegraphic transfer directly into their bank account. Both will incur commission charges.

Share This Page