How can I have happy feet?

Mackenzie McCarthy

Earning My Ears
Anyone have suggestions for the best ways to have happy feet? I hate wearing sneakers and am wondering if anyone has any other shoe suggestions for the park. Also any other tips. Usually by day 3 I'm hurting prettt bad and want to know how to extend my not painful days

I wear Teva Mush flip flops in the parks and never have a problem with my feet hurting. I have also worn Croc flip flops and those are really comfortable as well.

I find that having several pairs of comfortable shoes to mix it up helps quite a bit.
Feet seem to appreciate the change. But, I do start with sneakers and socks. Then work my way to sandals then flip flops. Maybe have 5-7 pairs to rotate through. Changing them 2-3 times a day.
At the resort I wear my most comfortable shoes that I own, Uggs- this seems to help make happy feet also.
Hope this helps.

I always hit Disney hard and it is always hard on my feet. When getting new shoes I was talking to the shoe guy about my feet hurting after about 3 days at the park and he said use Epsom salt to soak your feet. So the last time I was at Disney we stopped by the CVS on the way to the hotel and I bought a bag of Epsom salt. By the third day my feet were hurting so I filled the bathtub with hot water, sprinkled in the Epsom salt, and soaked my feet for 20 minutes. When I was done my feet did not ache as much and the next day they felt so much better. Now I had to do this every night after that because by the end of each day my feet were sore again but it really worked for my feet.

I hate sneakers as well, so my go to shoes for the parks are my Merrell and my AVEO BIO sandals. Alternated between both during our last trip in August, and had no foot pain problems. I also just purchased a pair of Bare Traps sandals, and they're super comfy as well. I just haven't had the chance to try them at the parks for hours on end yet.

I always hit Disney hard and it is always hard on my feet. When getting new shoes I was talking to the shoe guy about my feet hurting after about 3 days at the park and he said use Epsom salt to soak your feet. So the last time I was at Disney we stopped by the CVS on the way to the hotel and I bought a bag of Epsom salt. By the third day my feet were hurting so I filled the bathtub with hot water, sprinkled in the Epsom salt, and soaked my feet for 20 minutes. When I was done my feet did not ache as much and the next day they felt so much better. Now I had to do this every night after that because by the end of each day my feet were sore again but it really worked for my feet.
Thanks for this tip! I have soaked my feet in Epsom Salts before, but never thought of doing it at Disney. One more thing to add to my packing list. :)

I always "train" ahead of time, making sure I'm getting a lot of walking conditioning in. Also recommend taking multiple pairs of footwear - I usually have at least three pairs and switch during my mid-day hotel break so I'm wearing something different in the evening than I did during the day. I'm more in the sandals camp than sneakers, but the sandals are athletic/comfort styles, no flip-flops in the parks for me.

Disney is tough on your feet. I walk each day for exercise, and I still have sore feet at the end of a park day.

I have arthritis, so I talk Ibuprofen. It also helps keep the soreness of my feet down to a tolerable level. I also make sure I have broken in tennis shoes and use mositure wicking socks.

When we get back to the room at night, I switch into a pair of comfortable flip flops. Before I go to bed, I rub my feet down with Icy Hot. Doing all of that works for me.

Support. Go to a running store and get your hair evanluated, then buy shoes appropriate for your feet. They don't have to be sneakers, but if you have high arches and buy shoes for neutral feet, you're going to hurt. Likewise, if you're a lucky person with neutral feet and you buy a pair of highly structured Vionics sandals, you're probably going regret that, too.

I have high arches and a lot of overpronation. I will be taking two pair of Mixuno Wave Paradox 2 sneakers and two pair of Vionics brand flip flops for our 5 night trip. I do the two pair of sneakers because it takes over 24 hours for a pair to dry fully, and you ALWAYS want to start with dry shoes.

Also, all synthetic socks. Cotton can become abrasive when it gets damp/wet.

I can't stand hot feet, so I pack several pairs of Crocs sandals. The cushioning helps my feet and my back.

Plus, I get to ride Soarin barefoot.

whatever shoe you are most comfortable in at home for walking...... I like Teva Mush flip flops, Birkenstock sandals (I have super high arches) or Jambu brand Mary Janes style shoes (I wear dresses) my sneakers are actually my last choice, even though I walk in them daily. I have some 2015 New Balance Run Disney sneakers that are comfortable, but for traveling I use other shoes usually.

Also, just to add one thing that I've found that works for me, don't get a full pedicure before your trip. Having fresh feet makes it worse for me--I save the good pedicure for when I get home!

Pack more than one pair of shoes. My feet are happier when I trade off every day, or even during the middle of the day. I tend to pack at least 4 pair of shoes, as some feel better on certain days than others. I pack sneakers, my Croc sandals, some slip on Sketcher go-walks, and my Mickey-headed Croc clogs. If my feet are really sore, the Croc Clogs are the shoes I wear.

I've also learned the hard way to wear socks that I know are comfortable. One trip I had purchased new moisture wicking socks just for the trip, and that was a huge mistake. I was almost in tears my feet hurt so much! I trashed those socks! And I now also pack mole skin in my park bag, cut up into various shapes and sizes. Great for covering any sore spots.

I purchased some Nike comfort flip flops from the outlets last time, they were memory foam and it felt like I was walking on cushions, were a god send to my achey feet!

Anyone have suggestions for the best ways to have happy feet? I hate wearing sneakers and am wondering if anyone has any other shoe suggestions for the park. Also any other tips. Usually by day 3 I'm hurting prettt bad and want to know how to extend my not painful days

I used to wear sneakers for every Disney trip. I tried a variety of brands and styles, but always ended up with awful blisters. I bought a pair of Teva sandals last year and those get me through 10,000+ step Park days with zero issues.

My entire family lives in Sketchers when we go to Disneyland. We always pack Sketchers runners and sandals and find that those really save our feet. However that's what works for us. You need to pack the kind of shoes that you wear most often and then maybe an extra pair or two of sandals or runners to mix it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!