How bad is the traffic & construction?

djh96

Mouseketeer
My DH & I are thinking of going to the Lightning's game in Tampa on Monday evening. I've heard the construction & traffic can be bad. The game is at 7:30. How early should we leave WDW and is there an alternate route other than I4?
Thanks for any info

Kim

I was just through there, there was construction pretty much from Disney to around Lakeland (30-35 miles). No problem going to Tampa, but ran into some slow traffic coming back(around the US 27 exit). Don't know what it would be like on a Monday night, but I would allow extra time in case you run into any traffic congestion.

They are working on both sides of I-4 heading towards Tampa from WDW. I don't know how long it takes to get there but I would plan on extra time. Most of the construction delays happen in the evening so you may be delayed coming back to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter