How are the sofa beds?

cktauscher

Earning My Ears
Hi Again Everyone, We are still researching and thinking about resale. We usually go to Disney once or twice a year but usually for only 3 or 4 night each time. We don't need a whole lot of room for our family of 4 but it is nice that everyone has a real bed in our moderate or deluxe regular resort room. I'm thinking the best use of points for us would be a studio. But am worried about the sofa sleepers. Even in the 1 bedroom 2 of us would have to sleep on it. How are they? Is it hard giving up that extra real bed offered in the resorts as opposed to DVC or are all the other perks of DVC worth it? Thanks!

Hi Again Everyone, We are still researching and thinking about resale. We usually go to Disney once or twice a year but usually for only 3 or 4 night each time. We don't need a whole lot of room for our family of 4 but it is nice that everyone has a real bed in our moderate or deluxe regular resort room. I'm thinking the best use of points for us would be a studio. But am worried about the sofa sleepers. Even in the 1 bedroom 2 of us would have to sleep on it. How are they? Is it hard giving up that extra real bed offered in the resorts as opposed to DVC or are all the other perks of DVC worth it? Thanks!

I can only speak for the sofa beds at BLT and they are wonderful!!! My husband and I actually sleep on it and we let the kids have the bed. The first time we slept on the sofa bed we started looking for the brand name as we wanted to buy some for our cottage. Seems like whoever makes them, makes them exclusively for Disney.

Having said that, I am not sure how they will hold up over the years but for now, I have no problem sleeping on them.:cloud9:

I recently stayed in a studio at BWV and the sleeper sofa was comfortable! Had a good night's sleep every night:thumbsup2

We LOVED them. In fact, I get THE best sleep at Disney...amazing beds and pillows!:cloud9:

In general, I have found that the DVC sofa beds are more comfortable than most sofa beds I have slept on but still not as comfortable as a real bed. I got the best sleep on the sofabeds at Kidani (but I believe they may have changed out the sofabeds there since I stayed?) and the worst sleep on the sofa beds at Saratoga.

On our last trip we tried out a studio at OKW so that we would have 2 beds and we found their regular beds to be very comfortable.

I've found the sofa beds at BCV and BWV to be quite comfortable, while the sofa beds at SSR are terrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter