Hotels with Smart TV (Casting/Streaming)

MinnesoTristan

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if Disney Resorts have a Smart TV in the room that can do casting and streaming? The only Universal Resort that I know which has this is Aventura Hotel. I’m also interested in any off property hotels that have a Smart TV in the room.

Does anyone know if Disney Resorts have a Smart TV in the room that can do casting and streaming? The only Universal Resort that I know which has this is Aventura Hotel. I’m also interested in any off property hotels that have a Smart TV in the room.
I'm on another thread where someone was trying to get this to work in his Disney hotel room. He found out the TV wasn't connected to Disney wifi and the settings button was blocked, so he couldn't connect it. I'd assume this is across the board at Disney resorts.

Most suggested next time to take a personal device - either roku, fire, apple, etc - to plug into the tv.

I stayed in a Moxy once, which is a Marriott brand, and they had a Smart TV. It was so nice, I wish all hotels had it.

Management may not like them because the TV can become another item to reset between guests, and that can add a few minutes on to getting a room ready, staff would need to be trained, etc.

There’s also revenue loss from streaming movies and costs to deliver the forgotten device, not to mention bandwidth.

Some TVs do have the screen casting option - one of the channels has a QR code you can scan with your phone to allow screen casting. It was very easy to do. We were able to do it at both the Riviera and Caribbean Beach. Pop Century TVs do not have the capability set up. I'm not sure what other resorts may or may not have it, but those are the three we tried it with.

The tvs at gran destino tower allow chromecasting. The only other resort we've stayed at recently was ft wilderness, in the cabins, and no smart tvs there. I'm not sure about offsite.

Bring a roku. We forgot to logout at the beach once and someone was watching Netflix on our account. Oops.

Bring a roku. We forgot to logout at the beach once and someone was watching Netflix on our account. Oops.
Exactly this. Even if the resort had a smart TV I would not use the service. Bring your own device; it is much safer to take it back home with you than it is to try to remember to remove all of your account information from their device once you have entered it. Your digital footprint could be lingering in that unit for a long time after you leave.

Coronado Springs had casting in early Dec. I'd read that it would be coming to all resorts, but, like everything, probably set back. When I was in Pop (and return next week so I'll try again), I couldn't even access the hdmi ports on the TV. I could before the tv's were replaced. So, if anyone has done that recently, please share the secret to getting the TV away from the wall.

At pop and ASM we could use our firestick at Coronado it said streaming avab through there browser by a qr code you scan on your phone. but it would not work with my samsung phone and I could not change inputs. It's funny because they are the same samsung tvs..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter