Hotel Reservations Management

jenmarie1203

Earning My Ears
Hey guys! Just wanted to know if anyone has ever been able to call reservations and speak with someone of authority?? You know, the one person that can make the impossible possible?? See, my problem is that Disney, despite my travel agents (long story) attempts, will not let us add the dining plan to our current spring sale room and I wanted to try and speak to someone who would have the ability to allow this modification. You would think it would be easy to do seeing as we would be giving Disney more money! But alas it doesn't seem to be the case. Just wanted to know if anyone has ever had any experience. Thanks!!

Sometimes the impossible is impossible. You need to have a package to be eligible for any dining plan. A package includes the room(s) and tickets.

Hey guys! Just wanted to know if anyone has ever been able to call reservations and speak with someone of authority?? You know, the one person that can make the impossible possible?? See, my problem is that Disney, despite my travel agents (long story) attempts, will not let us add the dining plan to our current spring sale room and I wanted to try and speak to someone who would have the ability to allow this modification. You would think it would be easy to do seeing as we would be giving Disney more money! But alas it doesn't seem to be the case. Just wanted to know if anyone has ever had any experience. Thanks!!

You can't stack Promo's.
You either get the "Spring Sale"
or
pay full rack rates and get the Free dining.

Its one of the other!

Do you have a package or room only? If you have room only then no one is going to be able to make that modification.

They can't even turn a room only ressie into a package. They refund the deposit on the room and book the package as a new ressie. Dining cannot be added to a room only ressie.

The PPs are correct, unless you are an AP holder. AP holders can book room only rates and add dining (not free dining). We do this all the time.

It is nothing personal, but it is not an option unless you are Military or AP (maybe DVC?). You need to buy a one day ticket to add Dining Plan. Two Day ticket for Free Dining. Disney is not flexible with this rule. Hope it works out well!:goodvibes

As others have said, the only way to get the DDP is to book a package (room + tickets + DDP), as the DDP cannot be added to a room only reservation without tickets. There are exceptions (AP holders, DVC members staying on points, etc), but even an AP holder or DVC member wouldn't be exempt from the ticket purchase if he/she booked under the spring discount promo. If you have a room only reservation, the room only would have to be cancelled/refunded and a package booked, requiring a new $200 deposit as money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other. Guest Services is the one to talk to if you want to make a change that a regular reservation CM says is not doable. However, Disney will not discuss the reservation with you since you booked through a TA as that TA owns your reservation until you check in. If the TA can't get the reservation changed to get you a package with the DDP under the spring promo, there's not much you can do aside from cancelling with the TA and rebooking yourself with Disney. This, however, might cause you to lose the resort/room type you currently have if there is no longer availability at that resort.

We originally had room and park tickets. I called and added dining with no problem at all. My guess is as the others have said. You have to add park tickets also.

Seems like your TA, if they're experienced in booking WDW vacations, should have known this limitation and should have informed you. Did they tell you that what you're asking for is impossible?

Plus, depending on when your vacation begins, you cannot add the dining plan if your reservation is within so many days. I think 2 or 3.

If all you are wanting is to speak with a supervisor, when you call ask whichever cast member that answers to speak with a supervisor for reservations. There is not any particular known number that will take you automatically to one.

Also, if you booked through a TA, Disney will not talk to you about your reservation until you check in. The reservation belongs to the TA until then, and all communication has to go through them.

You can't stack Promo's.
You either get the "Spring Sale"
or
pay full rack rates and get the Free dining.

Its one of the other!

As far as I know, there's no public free dining this spring. She said she would be paying for the dining.

wow! thanks guys for all the info!! i actually am an annual passholder but when we booked in novemeber i guess it was cheaper to book the room with the spring sale rate. however, i contacted disney through email and got a wonderful call from a wonderful cast member who is going to help my family out and convert our room into a passholder room in order to add the dining plan!!!

Disney miracles really do happen and I couldn't be happier!!

thanks for all your information and help! :)

As others have said, the only way to get the DDP is to book a package (room + tickets + DDP), as the DDP cannot be added to a room only reservation without tickets. There are exceptions (AP holders, DVC members staying on points, etc), but even an AP holder or DVC member wouldn't be exempt from the ticket purchase if he/she booked under the spring discount promo. If you have a room only reservation, the room only would have to be cancelled/refunded and a package booked, requiring a new $200 deposit as money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other. Guest Services is the one to talk to if you want to make a change that a regular reservation CM says is not doable. However, Disney will not discuss the reservation with you since you booked through a TA as that TA owns your reservation until you check in. If the TA can't get the reservation changed to get you a package with the DDP under the spring promo, there's not much you can do aside from cancelling with the TA and rebooking yourself with Disney. This, however, might cause you to lose the resort/room type you currently have if there is no longer availability at that resort.

and yes this is true. the only option we had was to cancel and rebook but there was no availability left at the hotel and no more discounts which would have meant we would have to pay full price plus dining. plus canceling and risking the room wasn't an option. thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter