Hotel options for 6 adults

QS is actually, a big change for us, we have done TS or standard dining for all our other trips and it worked for us. The boys love the TS at Epcot and we ate there almost every night last time, and are big eaters. We are all foodies. I'm not stressing the dining plan at all or expecting free dining.

I’d do port orleans. Sure, it’s a bit smaller for four in a room, but they just finished the renovations at FQ. When you all are at hotel, kids will have freedom to take boat to downtown Disney or hit one of the pools. Also, it’s easy access to there for all of you for nighttime dinners.

It’s a great location, and relatively not too much more expensive than your other options.

I think we are leaning this way for now. We know we like the resort and the boat to Disney Springs. My husband and I love the planning and discuss all the options way too much.

I think we are leaning this way for now. We know we like the resort and the boat to Disney Springs. My husband and I love the planning and discuss all the options way too much.
That is me and my daughter as well. I get a little sad at the 59 day mark because all the plans are made and now we have nothing to do but wait. We started planning this trip at almost a whole year out and we have not stopped until Friday when we made our fast passes. Now I'm a little sad. LOL 56 Days and counting! :banana:

That is me and my daughter as well. I get a little sad at the 59 day mark because all the plans are made and now we have nothing to do but wait. We started planning this trip at almost a whole year out and we have not stopped until Friday when we made our fast passes. Now I'm a little sad. LOL 56 Days and counting! :banana:
I tweak things up to the very end. Even if it's just changing a dining reservation by 15 minutes, I'm always on the lookout for something just a little bit better...And I book another trip even before we leave.

I agree with others that 3 rooms at Pop would give you the most flexibility.
This is also $1400 cheaper than POR...that could rent you a car or pay for a lot of Uber rides if buses are a problem for anyone.

Your trip is also over a year away...who is wanting to bring a girlfriend might change. As PP said, 3 rooms at Pop gives you the most flexibility. If no girlfriends end up coming, you can go down to 2 rooms and save a good amount of money (or switch to 2 rooms at POR). If the 19 year olds get girlfriends, then 3 rooms at Pop would still be potentially big enough.

Out of those, 3 rooms at Pop. And with Pop centrally located, no long bus rides anywhere on property.
Exactly this. Im not sure just how long you think the bus rides are from pop, lol....but trust me, its not long at all. Its centrally located. Plus with 6 adults, its better to have as much space as possible. I definitely agree that Pop would be best. Thats a no brainer. 2 adults per room instead of 3??? Plus you save $1400?? Plus pop has been reno'd so you will have brand new rooms. Yup, that would be my choice.

Port Orleans is a good choice. Its a beautiful resort and having that boat to Disney Springs is a nice little bonus.

I would do 3 rooms at Pop. The biggest reason is that I refuse to share a hotel room with my teenagers for more than one night. Any future trips anywhere (Disney or non Disney) we will either get a condo, villa or two rooms. Our last Disney trip wasn't so bad but our last all inclusive vacation was a nightmare with them in my room. No way would I share a room at POR with two 19 year olds. I wouldn't even do it with my 18 and 12 year old. I also wouldn't want to share a living space with my son and his girlfriend. Young adult relationships need their own space.

I would do 3 rooms at Pop. The biggest reason is that I refuse to share a hotel room with my teenagers for more than one night. Any future trips anywhere (Disney or non Disney) we will either get a condo, villa or two rooms. Our last Disney trip wasn't so bad but our last all inclusive vacation was a nightmare with them in my room. No way would I share a room at POR with two 19 year olds. I wouldn't even do it with my 18 and 12 year old. I also wouldn't want to share a living space with my son and his girlfriend. Young adult relationships need their own space.
For some reason I was presuming that the parents (OP and spouse) would get one room, and the 4 "kids" would share the other.

For some reason I was presuming that the parents (OP and spouse) would get one room, and the 4 "kids" would share the other.

Now that i reread it I’m thinking they may put one teen in each room so they don’t have to share a bed. Even then i would want 3 rooms. If they can swing 3 rooms at POR i would definitely go for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter