Hotel Near Animal Kingdom for 1 Night

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
Bear with mepopcorn::...

We are trying to plan ahead for every possibility when SWA releases their schedule for October. Here is the situation...

My sister and her daughters (ages 11 and 7 at time of travel), my parents, and myself and my daughters (ages 16 and 14 at time of travel) are heading to WDW for a week in October. Our "group" reservation starts on Friday. We are staying in a 2BR at AKV-Kidani on my DVC points for 5 nights and then moving to a 2BR at the Boardwalk for 3 nights and departing the following Saturday.

My sister is planning to take her girls out of school on Thursday and fly down as early as possible. My parents will be flying with her on whatever flight she chooses. They figured since her girls are younger, she may need more assistance. I am NOT taking my girls out of school Thursday, in fact, I wasn't planning on taking them out on Friday either, but they are doing exceptionally well and most of their work is being assigned online. Their teachers have no issues with it (they go to private school) and have given us their blessing.

My sister went ahead and booked a room at POR that sleeps 5 and so that is where she is going to stay with my parents for Thursday night. Then on Friday, they will move over to AKV in the morning. My problem is that I don't know when I will be able to arrive. My dad is "compensating" me for the use of my DVC points by covering my airfare with his SWA points. The problem is that if we fly out of our local airport (GRR), the flights rarely arrive before 4pm and if they do, they are over $300 one-way. That means I may have to take a late flight (i.e. after school) on Thursday in order to get a "cheaper" option. I prefer to arrive early (before noon) on Friday, but there is almost no chance of that happening out of GR within our price range. I also don't want to arrive really late Friday night because I don't want to wake the younger girls who will be sleeping in the living room of our villa. So, as I said before, it is really all hinging on what the flight schedule looks like when SWA releases their next batch. We may end up flying to Orlando after school on Thursday night as well...

...which (FINALLY) brings me to my question...

What are some good choices for hotels that are near the Animal Kingdom Lodge area? I'm looking for nice, clean, SAFE hotels (Marriott, Hyatt, etc) that are going to be under $200/night. I will probably be arriving around midnight so safety is paramount. I am not sure yet if I will do a rental car or an Uber so I would prefer no self-parking fees. I would also prefer hotels that offer the option of booking the room without pre-payment so that I can lock in the rate now and cancel it if we don't end up needing it.

Thanks for bearing with me:hug:

**FYI, I have already ruled out staying at the airport Hyatt. That was my #1 choice as I have done that twice before. I loved it and I would do it again in a heart beat...but the rate for our date is $350 and that is just too much for me to justify for what will amount to about a 9 hour stay:sick:.

First things that popped into my head are the Bonnet Creek resorts or the Flamingo Crossings hotels. But that’s because the Minnie Vans serve all of them, and I’d want to utilize them instead of renting a car.

Hilton Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Gaylord Palms

Hilton Bonnet Creek $366.75/night (that includes the $45 resort fee and $27 parking fee)
Wyndham Bonnet Creek $359/night ..and requires a 2-night minimum stay
Gaylord Palms $559.91/night

First things that popped into my head are the Bonnet Creek resorts or the Flamingo Crossings hotels. But that’s because the Minnie Vans serve all of them, and I’d want to utilize them instead of renting a car.

Since it's just the one night, I am contemplating doing a one-way rental car from MCO to the resort and then returning it the next day to the Car Care Center. I can get an intermediate SUV through UndercoverTourist for about $80 so it's about the same price as using UberXL from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the AKV in the morning, but it gives me a little more flexibility.

Hilton Bonnet Creek $366.75/night (that includes the $45 resort fee and $27 parking fee)
Wyndham Bonnet Creek $359/night ..and requires a 2-night minimum stay
Gaylord Palms $559.91/night
Is there a value resort available on site that night? Then you can use magical express and forego the rental. IDK. What day are you looking at?

There are a lot of budget places on 192 off Sherberth Road (for ex. Quality Inn and Suites) - it might be best to just get some cursory pricing and look at tripadvisor reviews of specific places. But that's about as close as you can get to AKV.

Is there a value resort available on site that night? Then you can use magical express and forego the rental. IDK. What day are you looking at?
There is (ASSp and ASMu), and I'm thinking about it...but the last time we arrived late (11pm), we took DME and didn't arrive at our resort until almost 1am. But the more I think about it, the more I think that it might be worth at least looking into because it means I wouldn't have to drive. I have an AP so I might even be able to get something at a discount too. We would be arriving on 10/17.

Marriott has a TownePlace Suites and a SpringHill Suites at Flamingo Crossing, which is on Western Way at 429. They’re just a few years old and very nice. I wouldn’t have any problems staying there by myself or with young children. In the morning it’s a very short drive with little traffic to AKL.

We have stayed at the Flamingo Crossing hotels several times. Even though we live only 50 miles from WDW, we often like to stay over and enjoy 2 days on our AP's. For pretty much the price of a WDW budget resort, you get a suite, breakfast included, free parking and a very easy drive back to the theme parks, especially Animal Kingdom.

Check Hotels.com. I was able to book Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek for $127 before fees and you have the option to pay at the resort.

I have booked an airport hotel before. After you grab your luggage take the shuttle to the hotel and spend the night. The next morning take the shuttle back to the airport and get Magical Express to AKV.

I am a member of Choice Hotel Privileges rewards program and there are several Choice Hotels within 2 miles of Animal Kingdom. Some cheap, some nicer but still within the $100-$200 range.

Airport hotel is the way to go here. There are plenty to pick from. We did that for a late night arrival in December. Call the hotel when you get your bags and free shuttle (small tip) comes and takes you right to the hotel in 5 minutes. Next day took a Lyft to the beach club, total cost $26 including the tip. If I had to do it again I'd do the same exact thing. The Hyatt is ridiculously overpriced; no need to spend $300+ just to crash after a late flight.

I agree with some of the PP...When we had a car, we stayed at the Flamingo Crossings Springhill Suites and it was very new and very nice (and close to AKL). The last time we flew in late to MCO, I booked a room at the Wingate by Wyndham that was about a mile from MCO. My original plan was just to use their complimentary shuttle, then shuttle back in the morning to take DME. When we got there we just ubered both to the hotel, then Disney in the AM. It was clean, I felt safe, and it was just fine for a quick one night stay. I went back and looked at my confirmation and noted we paid 107 plus tax, I think 120 all together.

I agree with some of the PP...When we had a car, we stayed at the Flamingo Crossings Springhill Suites and it was very new and very nice (and close to AKL). The last time we flew in late to MCO, I booked a room at the Wingate by Wyndham that was about a mile from MCO. My original plan was just to use their complimentary shuttle, then shuttle back in the morning to take DME. When we got there we just ubered both to the hotel, then Disney in the AM. It was clean, I felt safe, and it was just fine for a quick one night stay. I went back and looked at my confirmation and noted we paid 107 plus tax, I think 120 all together.

Yes, that's what I meant by "airport hotel", the cluster right across the beeline from the airport. We stayed at the embassy suites in the same area, which includes a breakfast buffet the next morning. Either the hotel shuttle or uber/lyft would be fine. I just called the hotel and the little shuttle came right over. Had it not been readily available, I would have just ordered a lyft. It can't be more than a few bucks for the 3-4 minute ride.

When you come in late, the closer the hotel, the better IMHO. It's not that long of a ride the next morning to your destination.

If I remember right, the Ramada on I-192 is close to Serebeth Rd. Depednign on if you stay in the tower or not, rooms can generally be had for less than $100 a night.

Bear with mepopcorn::...

We are trying to plan ahead for every possibility when SWA releases their schedule for October. Here is the situation...

My sister and her daughters (ages 11 and 7 at time of travel), my parents, and myself and my daughters (ages 16 and 14 at time of travel) are heading to WDW for a week in October. Our "group" reservation starts on Friday. We are staying in a 2BR at AKV-Kidani on my DVC points for 5 nights and then moving to a 2BR at the Boardwalk for 3 nights and departing the following Saturday.

My sister is planning to take her girls out of school on Thursday and fly down as early as possible. My parents will be flying with her on whatever flight she chooses. They figured since her girls are younger, she may need more assistance. I am NOT taking my girls out of school Thursday, in fact, I wasn't planning on taking them out on Friday either, but they are doing exceptionally well and most of their work is being assigned online. Their teachers have no issues with it (they go to private school) and have given us their blessing.

My sister went ahead and booked a room at POR that sleeps 5 and so that is where she is going to stay with my parents for Thursday night. Then on Friday, they will move over to AKV in the morning. My problem is that I don't know when I will be able to arrive. My dad is "compensating" me for the use of my DVC points by covering my airfare with his SWA points. The problem is that if we fly out of our local airport (GRR), the flights rarely arrive before 4pm and if they do, they are over $300 one-way. That means I may have to take a late flight (i.e. after school) on Thursday in order to get a "cheaper" option. I prefer to arrive early (before noon) on Friday, but there is almost no chance of that happening out of GR within our price range. I also don't want to arrive really late Friday night because I don't want to wake the younger girls who will be sleeping in the living room of our villa. So, as I said before, it is really all hinging on what the flight schedule looks like when SWA releases their next batch. We may end up flying to Orlando after school on Thursday night as well...

...which (FINALLY) brings me to my question...

What are some good choices for hotels that are near the Animal Kingdom Lodge area? I'm looking for nice, clean, SAFE hotels (Marriott, Hyatt, etc) that are going to be under $200/night. I will probably be arriving around midnight so safety is paramount. I am not sure yet if I will do a rental car or an Uber so I would prefer no self-parking fees. I would also prefer hotels that offer the option of booking the room without pre-payment so that I can lock in the rate now and cancel it if we don't end up needing it.

Thanks for bearing with me:hug:

**FYI, I have already ruled out staying at the airport Hyatt. That was my #1 choice as I have done that twice before. I loved it and I would do it again in a heart beat...but the rate for our date is $350 and that is just too much for me to justify for what will amount to about a 9 hour stay:sick:.

Springhill Suites at Flamingo Crossings is a short, easy drive to Animal Kingdom and has free parking, free breakfast and no resort fees. There is also an adjoining Townplace Suites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!