Hotel Cheyenne FAQ and Information Thread

Thanks for all the good information above.

Simple question, which must be answered in the marketing bumph somewhere (or maybe not if the answer is no..) Are there character photo opportunities at the Cheyenne?

We've stayed in the Santa Fe the last 2 years, and found it ideal for our needs - clean room, bearable breakfast, character photos and autographs to keep the small person happy.

We're planning an April trip, and thinking Cheyenne as it will make a change. But will we lose out on getting the autograph book stocked up as we go in and out of breakfast?

Hi Ruddles, welcome to the DIS! :welcome:

Yes, there are characters at the Cheyenne!! :mickeyjum :goofy: :simba: :stitch: :ccat: :donald: :dumbo: :sulley: :tigger:

The Cheyenne character photos/autographs are every morning just outside the main reception block - in front of the stagecoach. Just beside the entrance to the hotel restaurant, there is a notice board which will tell you which character will be arriving, and at what time, the following morning.

Elaine

Yes we got some great shots with Mickey mouse and pluto too outside there, i think i should have snuck around the other hotels to get some different theme character photos! Maybe next time...

Hi. Just joined DIS forum but have been reading it every night since booked holiday! Brilliant site! Going in March with my sister and 6 kids between us. We are staying in the Cheyenne but how can we get 2 adjoining rooms? Booked through Disney website so should I ring them or ring Cheyenne direct?
Also which is the best block to stay in ? Our youngest is 3 and oldest 9 with everything in between! Is near reception too noisy or can we choose block we'd like? Sorry about all the questions but I'll have loads more as we get nearer March! Thanks for any help.

Hi Ruddles and Aine3, welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here, DIS posting guidelines can be found here.

Hi. Just joined DIS forum but have been reading it every night since booked holiday! Brilliant site! Going in March with my sister and 6 kids between us. We are staying in the Cheyenne but how can we get 2 adjoining rooms? Booked through Disney website so should I ring them or ring Cheyenne direct?
Also which is the best block to stay in ? Our youngest is 3 and oldest 9 with everything in between! Is near reception too noisy or can we choose block we'd like? Sorry about all the questions but I'll have loads more as we get nearer March! Thanks for any help.

I would ring them just for your own piece of mind, I'm sure they will try and allocate 2 rooms together, but I have always put a request in, just to be on the safe side.:)
Not sure about requesting specific rooms though. :confused3

I think the blocks closer to the main reception block you might find a bit noisy for the little ones if they go sleep early, the reason bein that the Red Garter Saloon is Open till late and you tend to get a lot of people milling around and sitting on the outside tables til late in the evening and kids running around with some of the 'push cart things' that I noticed, I don't know if it would be the same in march due to the colder weather but it was certainly like that in June last year. I can't help you with block names, only that where we stayed in Annie Oakly block it was very peaceful and not too far away from reception either.
Hope that helps!

When I booked a few years back I requested to have adjoining rooms although it was vital we got this, they noted this but couldn't guarentee it happening. But when we checked in we had the adjoining rooms.

My advice would be call Disney and ask to have it noted on your booking.

Just back from our trip. Had a brilliant time in Hotel cheyenne. Got adjoining rooms in Sitting Bull which was very near dining room and bus. Rooms very clean and tidied and towels changed every day. Breakfast a bit mad after 8am but we got Good Morning Fantasyland breakfasts for a few mornings by asking at check-in. Kids loved the cowboy theme and I would definitely go back to this hotel.

glad you got the rooms you wanted, and that you had a great time, i'd like to go there again too!

Hi all. Can someone tell me if there is an easy way to get to the Hotel from the Train Station? Do you walk through the Village to the Hotel or is there shuttle service from the Train Station?

Thanks.

Is it worth asking for our room (if possible) to be allocated to a certain block before we arrive ... or should we just wait and see what happens ?

Are some of the blocks quite a long walk from Reception and the bus ?

I am going in 15 days cazgal (there same time as you - sort of) - I am going to ring next week and ask about whether possible for particular block (and to check ds cot is booked!)

There is a map further back on this thread that shows all the buildings, when you look at it rember that the right side is nearest the park.

We are going to ask for running bear or sundance building, or doc holiday / annie Oakley (near play area) or cochaise as away from main building for quietness and also park end of resort so less distance when walking - also near play area plus for our dd (4).

There is a free shuttle bus every ten minutes or so from early am to late pm :)

Thanks for the response jillrobinson. I am looking forward to my first ever stay on property at DLP and Cheyenne sounds like it is a great resort.

Thanks again.

Anyone know roughly how much more expensive this hotel is over the Santa Fe? Always liked the look of this hotel but as we spend practically zero waking time in the hotel I'm loathed to pay too much for it as I can spend the extra money on pressies :cool1:

Its not much more - anything from around £10 per room per night upwards, depending on season and hotel offers.

They are both 2star rated hotels.

Elaine

The Cheyenne does not work out that much more expensive than Santa Fe.For us in January it worked out at £36 more for 4 nights.

I do agree with you that not much time is spent in your room and it is good to save the pounds for other things.Saying this if I did win the lottery it would be the Disneyland Hotel every time :laughing:

For us with 2 young boys I thought the cowboy theme would suit them and we have stayed in the Santa Fe before.

The Cheyenne does not work out that much more expensive than Santa Fe.For us in January it worked out at £36 more for 4 nights.

I do agree with you that not much time is spent in your room and it is good to save the pounds for other things.Saying this if I did win the lottery it would be the Disneyland Hotel every time :laughing:

For us with 2 young boys I thought the cowboy theme would suit them and we have stayed in the Santa Fe before.

Thanks, £36(ish) isn't much to sample a different hotel.

I'm the same, if money was no object then I'd be in the Disneyland Hotel straight away!! Always said that it was the first thing I would do after a lottery win was to jump on the Eurostar to DLRP and check in to the Disneyland Hotel :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter