hotel at the airport?

There are a whole bunch of hotels just north of Orlando International. Many of the major chains are represented. Take a look at http://www.expedia.com -- select Orlando, and then select "Orlando International" from the "Show lodging in a neighborhood" list,

There's even one hotel in the Orlando International terminal building. It's a Hyatt.

a couple of weeks ago. It was $120 for taxes. It was pricey, but then we didn't have to get a rental car, and it was really easy to hop on the Disney bus in the morning.

Deeb....I have read on these boards that people have gotten the Hyatt at the Orlando Airport for anywhere from $39 per night to $69 per night using Priceline. Give it a try!!!

MJ

Can you specify WHICH hotel you want on expedia or whichever? We need to start shopping for a hotel and prefer the Hyatt because this time we want Disney transfers. I checked with the Hyatt and it is still 120.00. When I went on expedia I chickened out because as far as I can see we can't name a hotel. I suppose we could go to a hotel that has a free airport shuttle and shuttle back to the airport the next day but that really seems stupid. Any experts out there that can help me? We used Tiffany Towncar this time and it worked great just thought that the transfers might be easier because it is only a two legged trip. No WDW trip.

The whole idea on Priceline is that you don't get to pick a specific hotel. You pick a location (such as Orlando Airport), a quality level, and a price in the hope that you'll be successful. You're committed to whatever you get -- you can't cancel. I've never tried Priceline. There are Web sites devoted to Priceline strategy, and it seems that many people have had good results.

On the other hand, Expedia is an online travel agency. You can compare the rates at various competing hotels. In some cases, Expedia claims to have negotiated rates that are lower than a hotel's usual rate. (Expedia also had a service similar to Priceline called Expedia Price Matcher, but I don't know if they still offer this service.)

Originally, when I thought we were flying in on a Friday evening for our upcoming Disney Magic cruise, I had planned to book a hotel near the airport. I planned to use the free shuttle to take us from the airport to the hotel. The next morning, I would have had Tiffany Towncar take us to the port directly from our hotel. That seemed easy and convenient -- and cheaper than the staying at the Hyatt, especially considering that that many of the deluxe Orlando Airport area hotels have attractive weekend rates.

Now that that we're actually flying on Friday morning, we're renting a car instead, and staying at a resort closer to the attractions area (but not on-site at Disney). We'll have almost 24 hours between our arrival at MCO and our Disney Magic embarkation.

On the other hand, it we had booked a late night flight, I would have seriously considered the Hyatt so that we wouldn't have to bother with a shuttle at midnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter