Horse Owners: A place for us on the Dis

Love Johnny Fedora and Alice Blue Bonnet!

The kiddos are all crazed around here in anticipation of Parker's arrival. He has a waiting list now for rides lol! And I have a few things for him on my Christmas list. New bridle for that giant head!

Love Johnny Fedora and Alice Blue Bonnet!

The kiddos are all crazed around here in anticipation of Parker's arrival. He has a waiting list now for rides lol! And I have a few things for him on my Christmas list. New bridle for that giant head!

That cartoon is the best ! Knew it would be appreciated over here ;) I'll be signing off for awhile, that time of day dog feedings, etc. Hope to see some pictures of Parker's arrival pretty soon.

No. He doesn't have a passport. And he doesn't like the heat. :rotfl:

No passport :laughing: How old is he? How often do you see him ? I couldn't share a horse, especially when he is so far away. It would break my heart :(

When we lived in NY I had to board Maxine. First she was at a professional barn/school of horsemanship really nice place. I learned so much there. I always think it may be a similar place to what Jennasis has.

http://www.knollfarm.com/ It has a fascinating history, the farm has been in existence since the 1800s.

Then I found a private home situation where our boarding fee was lower because we shared feeding/mucking duties. She was still about 5 miles away and I hated it every time I had to leave. I love having her here and a real part of the family. Totally love going out in pajamas too.

So Jennasis we are impatiently waiting for some pictures :rolleyes2

Parker arrived yesterday. Everyone is very excited, but no pictures yet. My back is just so shot I almost can't even enjoy his arrival. It's kind of sad. But I turned him out in the pasture with my guys and watched him run like the wind and oh my goodness he's so beautiful!

Cool fact...looked up Parker's tattoo on the Jockey Club today and his registered name is Outrageous Fortune and he's a great grandson of SECRETARIAT! Big Red made terrible racing babies but great hunter/show horses LOL. Parker never raced so that's a bonus! I guess his owner changed his show name from his jockey club name to "Grove Park" as a nod to showing here in NC (he showed extensively in Blowing Rock which is near the famed Grove Park Inn). Had the gang ride him today and OMG he was such a superstar! 17.2 ands of perfect baby sitter for my walk trotters and push button 3'6" for my advacned kids to move up to. SCORE!

Cant believe i forgot to share. ..ive been named the Head Coach of Special Olympics Team USA Equestrian for the 2015 World Games to be held this July in Los Angeles!

Im so excited! We've got an amazing team of 10 athletes from around the country. 5 ladies, 5 guys. And the whole thing will be televised by ESPN!

Cool fact...looked up Parker's tattoo on the Jockey Club today and his registered name is Outrageous Fortune and he's a great grandson of SECRETARIAT! Big Red made terrible racing babies but great hunter/show horses LOL. Parker never raced so that's a bonus! I guess his owner changed his show name from his jockey club name to "Grove Park" as a nod to showing here in NC (he showed extensively in Blowing Rock which is near the famed Grove Park Inn). Had the gang ride him today and OMG he was such a superstar! 17.2 ands of perfect baby sitter for my walk trotters and push button 3'6" for my advacned kids to move up to. SCORE!
'Secretariat' -- did you mean 'Seattle Slew'? Link to 2007 California-bred Outrageous Fortune's 5-cross pedigree. (I wonder if Bloodline's free access is not matching the paid JC registry? I don't have a JC account ...)

The rename is curious, isn't it? Both 'Outrageous Fortune' and 'Grove Park' are 2007, dark bay, colts. One born in California and the other in Kentucky. FWIW, Bloodlines shows Outrageous Fortune as having 9 starts (raced); Grove Park with 26 starts. How clear is the tattoo?

Cant believe i forgot to share. ..ive been named the Head Coach of Special Olympics Team USA Equestrian for the 2015 World Games to be held this July in Los Angeles!

Im so excited! We've got an amazing team of 10 athletes from around the country. 5 ladies, 5 guys. And the whole thing will be televised by ESPN!
That is HUGE and MARVELOUS news. CONGRATULATIONS! :cheer2:

'Secretariat' -- did you mean 'Seattle Slew'? Link to 2007 California-bred Outrageous Fortune's 5-cross pedigree. (I wonder if Bloodline's free access is not matching the paid JC registry? I don't have a JC account ...)

The rename is curious, isn't it? Both 'Outrageous Fortune' and 'Grove Park' are 2007, dark bay, colts. One born in California and the other in Kentucky. FWIW, Bloodlines shows Outrageous Fortune as having 9 starts (raced); Grove Park with 26 starts. How clear is the tattoo?

That is HUGE and MARVELOUS news. CONGRATULATIONS! :cheer2:

No, that's a different horse. We had to look up the tattoo to get the full history (could easily read all numbers but the letter was tricky. When I plugged in the letter that corresponded to the age we believed him to be, BAMMO it popped right up). http://www.equineline.com/Free-5X-P...mber=4015241&registry=T&horse_name=Outrageous Fortune&dam_name=Titmouse&foaling_year=1995&nicking_stats_indicator=Y Tatts matched everything down to the white marking descriptions and hair whorls. Parker is much older than a 2007 model LOL so it took us some hunting around on the jockey club to get it figured out. He was born in 1995 out of a mare named Titmouse, and sired by Western Miner. Parker was tatted but never raced...maybe why they allowed the reuse of his name "outrageous Fortune"? I know there are rules about when names are released for reuse. though I wouldn't have minded a Slew baby (I have a boarder whose mare is related) but Scretariat was my hero as a kid!

For the World Games next year we will be competing at the LA Equestrian Center. The athletes are so stoked and so am I. I'm also hoping they take all 8000 athletes from the games and rent out DL for the night for a big party since Disney is sponsoring a LARGE chunk of the event and the coverage.

His favorite drink.
6a0dd605-ddbb-452b-a833-e5a3fce4632f_zps6dcce92e.jpg

So I have been lurking on this board for quite some time. I am a regular on the Disney side of the boards, and just came across this board in the past week so I thought I would stop in and introduce myself!

I am 30 years old and have been riding horses since I was 8. I am married and have 2 sons (8 & 16 months). My 8 year old loves horses just as me (if not more). We currently have 3 horses. 2 Off the track thoroughbreds and a quarter horse. The thoroughbreds are mine and the quarter horse is my sons. I am an extremely proud parent of how far my son has come. He is on the spectrum and honestly is extremely gifted. I have never seen a little rider like him. You would never know he is on the spectrum or that hes only 8 when hes up on that horse. I say he's the small and the mighty when hes up there, lol. So with that let me introduce you to my clan!

This is Statement. She is my little princess. She is 16 years old. She raced until she was 7 and the only reason she came off the track was because she chipped her ankle. She went on to be a great hunter/jumper after the chip ankle fused and healed. She was later diagnosed with EPM and then started getting a ton of arthritis in her ankles. She is now retired and is enjoying the good life of being spoiled rotten, lol

This is Tessa. She is my sons horse. He is literally the only one that can ride her. She is a total witch, lol, but when he's around her she is a total kitten lol. It was a match made in heaven between those 2 and believe me she is not an easy horse to ride and he rides her marvelously. He has come so far on her. She was actually retired because no one could ride her, but we brought out of retirement in June bc his trainer said he needed a smaller horse to go into mini stirrup with. We pulled her out of retirement in June and she went horse showing in July and did her first series starting in August and came in Reserve Champion for year ends. I am not too proud lol.

And last but not least my main man Dixie, lol. This would be y the trainer said my son needed a smaller horse to show in the mini stirrups lol. Because he showed mommys 16.2 Thoroughbred in lead line for the spring series which made the trainer nervous, lol. He did manage to come out Champion in the lead line year ends though lol.

So thats my crew. Again I am super happy to have found this board!

So I have been lurking on this board for quite some time. I am a regular on the Disney side of the boards, and just came across this board in the past week so I thought I would stop in and introduce myself!

I am 30 years old and have been riding horses since I was 8. I am married and have 2 sons (8 & 16 months). My 8 year old loves horses just as me (if not more). We currently have 3 horses. 2 Off the track thoroughbreds and a quarter horse. The thoroughbreds are mine and the quarter horse is my sons. I am an extremely proud parent of how far my son has come. He is on the spectrum and honestly is extremely gifted. I have never seen a little rider like him. You would never know he is on the spectrum or that hes only 8 when hes up on that horse. I say he's the small and the mighty when hes up there, lol. So with that let me introduce you to my clan!

This is Statement. She is my little princess. She is 16 years old. She raced until she was 7 and the only reason she came off the track was because she chipped her ankle. She went on to be a great hunter/jumper after the chip ankle fused and healed. She was later diagnosed with EPM and then started getting a ton of arthritis in her ankles. She is now retired and is enjoying the good life of being spoiled rotten, lol

This is Tessa. She is my sons horse. He is literally the only one that can ride her. She is a total witch, lol, but when he's around her she is a total kitten lol. It was a match made in heaven between those 2 and believe me she is not an easy horse to ride and he rides her marvelously. He has come so far on her. She was actually retired because no one could ride her, but we brought out of retirement in June bc his trainer said he needed a smaller horse to go into mini stirrup with. We pulled her out of retirement in June and she went horse showing in July and did her first series starting in August and came in Reserve Champion for year ends. I am not too proud lol.

And last but not least my main man Dixie, lol. This would be y the trainer said my son needed a smaller horse to show in the mini stirrups lol. Because he showed mommys 16.2 Thoroughbred in lead line for the spring series which made the trainer nervous, lol. He did manage to come out Champion in the lead line year ends though lol.

So thats my crew. Again I am super happy to have found this board!

Welcome to the herd! Your horses are beautiful and what a special bond your son has with his mare. Just amazing! Has he ever ridden with the Special Olympics? Lots of amazing opportunity there.

Welcome to the herd! Your horses are beautiful and what a special bond your son has with his mare. Just amazing! Has he ever ridden with the Special Olympics? Lots of amazing opportunity there.

I have never really thought about that bc he rides like a normal kid would ride. And he's high functioning autistic so I guess what I am saying is I don't think it would be fair to kids that are more handicap than he is to ride against him lol. He's a pretty tough and gutsy rider. I wouldn't want to ride against him lol. He's got more guts than I do and more determination. It's that same guts and determination that will land him in the regular Olympics which is where he wants to be lol.

I tell you I have taught a lot of kids and my son is that once in a life time kid. Tonight he was riding my big gray horse...now my big gray is a complete baby and in the 3 years we have owned him he has never once misbehaved. Well tonight he must of had something up his butt bc he decided tonight he actually wanted to act like a thoroughbred and took off on my son. My son only weighs 53 pounds lol he was trying to pull him back but it was just not working. The horse ran all the way around to me and then slowly came to a stop at me. There were no tears from my son not once did he cry and say he wanted to get off all he kept saying was that was not a very good canter.

He tried to ride him after that but by now the horse had lost all respect for him and kept pulling him down trying to go where he wanted to go. Again not once did my son say he wanted to get off he kept at it and kept trying to win this battle that he was just not going to win. So I made the executive decision and told him to get off and I put my tack on him and got on. Of course when I got on he was a perfect angel. He knows better than to mess with mommy lol.

After I was done riding him I asked my son if he wanted to get back on and he jumped at the chance. He got back on in my tack no stirrups and walk and trotted him around beautifully. I was a very proud mom tonight. My kid has more guts than I ever did at his age. He was more upset bc after this whole fiasco it was late so I wouldn't let him ride his mare. He was more upset about not being able to ride his mare than falling off tonight lol.

I have never really thought about that bc he rides like a normal kid would ride. And he's high functioning autistic so I guess what I am saying is I don't think it would be fair to kids that are more handicap than he is to ride against him lol. He's a pretty tough and gutsy rider. I wouldn't want to ride against him lol. He's got more guts than I do and more determination. It's that same guts and determination that will land him in the regular Olympics which is where he wants to be lol.

I tell you I have taught a lot of kids and my son is that once in a life time kid. Tonight he was riding my big gray horse...now my big gray is a complete baby and in the 3 years we have owned him he has never once misbehaved. Well tonight he must of had something up his butt bc he decided tonight he actually wanted to act like a thoroughbred and took off on my son. My son only weighs 53 pounds lol he was trying to pull him back but it was just not working. The horse ran all the way around to me and then slowly came to a stop at me. There were no tears from my son not once did he cry and say he wanted to get off all he kept saying was that was not a very good canter.

He tried to ride him after that but by now the horse had lost all respect for him and kept pulling him down trying to go where he wanted to go. Again not once did my son say he wanted to get off he kept at it and kept trying to win this battle that he was just not going to win. So I made the executive decision and told him to get off and I put my tack on him and got on. Of course when I got on he was a perfect angel. He knows better than to mess with mommy lol.

After I was done riding him I asked my son if he wanted to get back on and he jumped at the chance. He got back on in my tack no stirrups and walk and trotted him around beautifully. I was a very proud mom tonight. My kid has more guts than I ever did at his age. He was more upset bc after this whole fiasco it was late so I wouldn't let him ride his mare. He was more upset about not being able to ride his mare than falling off tonight lol.

Your kiddo sounds like such a trooper! I love the tenacity he's got.

Special Olympics has MANY and varied levels of competition. I'm the Head Coach for the US National Team and will be coaching the national team at World Summer Games next July (it's held worldwide every 4 years like the regular Olympics. Riders from around the country have to qualify for the team by winning a gold medal at their state competition, which qualifies them for one of only 10 spots). Most of the riders are extremely high functioning...have college degrees...jobs...live independently etc. And a LARGE majority of them are not riders I would want to have to compete against either LOL. Sure there are levels for everyone, from those who need individual support like leaders and side-walkers and only walk but there are also upper level dressage and jumper riders, as well as equitation. So if you ever get a hankering to explore it further, I'd be happy to point you in the right direction to get involved in your state. And we are always looking for volunteers/coaches!

BTW guys..I'm having my spine surgery on Monday! hooray! Another micro-discectomy which is kind of funny because I couldn't sleep last night (thanks prednisone) so I read back through this whole thread and when I first joined in was right after I had my first surgery 4 1/2 years ago. Funny!

Wow I always thought of special Olympics for something for the handicap. I will have to look into it a bit more. We are located in NJ can you point me in the right direction to find out more information?

Wow I always thought of special Olympics for something for the handicap. I will have to look into it a bit more. We are located in NJ can you point me in the right direction to find out more information?

Heck yeah...will PM you some info. Whereabouts in NJ? County?

Here's a pic of Parker from his arrival night (and a pic of me on my feet LOL!). He needs to put some weight back on. He's thinner than I'd like, but we do pride ourselves onbeing the "fat farm" so it shouldn't take long. I had one of my students ride him last night and holy shmoly!!!!!!! He's amazing...even better than when his previous owner rode him and she rode great. He's a super star who is going to teach my kiddos so much. So excited to have him!

parker.jpg

Nice barn!

Thanks! Here's the interior (one aisle....there are three. this one, a middle row of stall to the left and then a mirror image aisle down the right side of the barn. At the end is the indoor).

image023.jpg

And here's the outdoor arena:
CAM00605.jpg
[/URL]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter