Hoop Dee Doo Revue - What would you do?

embracinglife

Earning My Ears
Hello there,

I'm planning my next visit to WDW in October, and I have heard so much about the Hoop Dee Doo Revue that we decided to give it a try. I made reservations for 7:15, but the only category they had at this hour was only category 3 (second floor to the sides). So I went ahead and made the reservation. They don't have category 2 available for my whole stay. I found out that they still have places available for category 1, but only for the 9:30 show. So, do you think I should keep my current reservation or do you think I'll be beter off with the 9:30 show in category 1? What I'm worried about with my current reservation is about how good the view is going to be from up there. I don't mind paying a lillte extra if it means I will enjoy the show better. Also, sitting in cat. 1 and so close to the stage make it hard for us to watch the show?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

princess:

We sat in the balcony last year before they separated the seating into different categories. We had a great view and I wouldn't hesitate sitting up there again. We were on the right hand side as you face the stage, and I think I would prefer that over the Cat. 2 which is over the entrance to the building.

Anywhere you sit is fine. Category 1 is the best and you can see very well there--you aren't too close.

I sat in Category 2 last trip and was in the back of Pioneer Hall. Again, it was fine. I have never sat up in the balcony but the people up there looked like they were having a fine time and could see just fine.

We have sat in catagory 1 seating 2 times and it was great. But I have read many times people saying that the balconly seats are great. You get soooooo much food that I can't imagine eating that much at 9:30pm. Good luck with your choice.:wave2:

I just decided about a week or so ago to book Hoop De Doo for our first night at Disney (July 1). We hadn't been in a while, and my mom has never been. The only thing they had available was category 3 seating, at the 5:00 show. So I booked it (I'm glad the decision was made for me). I think we'll enjoy it - although we've never sat upstairs before.

The last time we went to Hoop de Doo, we had front and center seats! They were great!! It wasn't hard to watch the show at all! They have always said all the seats are good - so I'll let ya know when I get back!!!

Have a great trip!!!!!

I too have ressie's for the Hoop-Dee-Doo on Sept 27 for 7:15 show for 5 of us and I found out that they do not have Cat 1 available because we are on the free dining plan. The girl said we would have to pay separate for Cat 1. That doesn't seem right to me. I specifically remember being in front of the stage the first time we were there and a couple of rows back the second time. Things are really changing at WDW. Just for a second I felt like a looser because we're on the Free Dining Plan.:guilty:

I've been front and center, off to the side, near the back, and in the balcony. They're all good seats, although the height bothered me a bit upstairs. But I can't get on the third rung of a ladder. I'm category 2 this time.

The first 2 times I saw it was from upstairs and I think I saw better than the time we were on the first floor. I am short and generally have trouble seeing anywhere! The show is fast moving and no small details to see and they move around the audience a lot. We saw the 7 o'clock show and it was a great time. spent the day doing something else and the evening at HDDR. the early show ends your day activities too early but too late to do a lot that evening and the late show is just too late to eat that much for us.

All seats are good. Cat 1 puts you closest to the stage and in the middle of the action. With Cat 2 & 3 you feel more like your just watching and a little more removed. :thumbsup2

We've seen the show from pretty much everywhere and, IMO anyway, enjoyed it best from the front near the stage. The other areas aren't bad, and the performers do roam into the seating areas from time to time, but if it was me, I'd prefer the category 1 seats. Of course as always, YMMV.

Have a great trip!

Thank you all for your replies! I think I'll stick with cat. 3, mainly because I'd really prefer to go to the 7:15 show. 9:30 is a little bit late to eat for me. Also, I wanted to see the electrical water pageant afterwards, and we won't be able to do it with the 9:30 show.

Thanks again!

:flower3:

Thank you all for your replies! I think I'll stick with cat. 3, mainly because I'd really prefer to go to the 7:15 show. 9:30 is a little bit late to eat for me. Also, I wanted to see the electrical water pageant afterwards, and we won't be able to do it with the 9:30 show.

Thanks again!

:flower3:
That is exactly what we did and it was great! One of our nicest evenings there. saw the show and took our time walking down to the beach and found chairs and talked and my DS8 wandered around on the beach until it came and then sat with us and watched then took our time getting the bus back. Everyone was relaxed and stuffed and it was a nice non-hectic evening.

I too have ressie's for the Hoop-Dee-Doo on Sept 27 for 7:15 show for 5 of us and I found out that they do not have Cat 1 available because we are on the free dining plan. The girl said we would have to pay separate for Cat 1. That doesn't seem right to me. I specifically remember being in front of the stage the first time we were there and a couple of rows back the second time. Things are really changing at WDW. Just for a second I felt like a looser because we're on the Free Dining Plan.:guilty:

it's not just the FREE dining Plan.... if you are on the DDP even if yo pay for it , you can't sit in tier 1 seating, only 2 & 3

If you have kids, then I would stick with the 7:15. At the 9:30 show, they may fall asleep.

I went twice. Once I was in the second row. Once I was near he back of the main floor.

I liked the second row a lot more. You get more interaction with the performers.

Either way, I love the show.

Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter