Hoop Dee Doo or Cirq

Minnie

DIS Veteran
If you could only do one of the following which would it be?

Hoop Dee Doo or Cirq with dinner at a DTD restaurant

I would pick cirque. Hoop Dee Doo is a lot of fun, but we saw cirque in January and I loved it. It is a very entertaining and amazing show.

IF you have young children I would really reccomend the Hoop-de-doo. My Son, who was 7 at the time, was choosen to be on stage and it was very funny. It was a very good show and i really thought it was well spent money and have plans to do it again.

Personally I would like to see Cirq but my children would Die of bordom.

so if ya have Kids definately go to the the Hoop-De-Doo. If not head to the Cirq.

HOOP DEE DOO has my vote! We love this show and go just about everytime we vist WDW.

Go see LaNouba! Every one in my group loved it. Its worth every penny!

I had a 7,8, and 9 year old with me. They were mesmorized the entire show. They loved it. Nothing else is like it.

Hoop Dee Doo gets my vote. - we go almost every year and have a great time. La Nouba was just ok for us. We just felt like it wasn't "Disney" enough when we are staying at Disney.

Cirque...no doubt about it. There is absolutely no way that anyone, adult or child could be bored, unless there is something drastically wrong with them! :rolleyes:

The show is mesmerizing from start to finish...every time!

Cirque...no doubt about it. There is absolutely no way that anyone, adult or child, should/could be bored, unless there is something drastically wrong with them! :rolleyes:

The show is mesmerizing from start to finish...every time!

boy oh boy...this post definately makes it more confusing..yes hoop, yes Cirque..luckily DH and I are doing the dining plan so we are able to do both..Will let you know which one we like better..

Minnie said:
If you could only do one of the following which would it be?
Hoop Dee Doo or Cirq with dinner at a DTD restaurant

Hoop is a fun, laid-back show. But my vote would be for Cirque du Soleil.
But then perhaps my vote shouldn't count because I have yet to see LaNouba. :rolleyes: I guess that's why I'm voting for it. It's on my to do list.

I would take Cirque any time over Hoop De Doo. Hoop is cute for one time but the food is horrible. I'd read people on the boards rave about the food. The only things I ate were the salad and the bread. I've been with kids at both shows and they enjoyed them both. At least with Cirque you have a choice of where to eat for dinner.

It depends...

Have you ever seen a cirque show? If you have seen any of the Vegas shows, this one pales in comparison. We have seen all but two shows (which are touring shows and new). La Nouba ranks as my least fav.

Hoop is great, but I think we would have enjoyed it even more if we had kids. I would do this one again, but not La Nouba.

I haven't done Cirque, I HAVE done Hoop Dee Do.

I WISH I had done Cirque instead.

I've done both, Cirq without a doubt. While Hoop is fun, I thought it was too expensive for what it was. I liked the food, but it's the same food served next door at a fraction of the cost, so you are paying a lot for the entertainment..which I thought was just OK fun.

Coming from a Canadian....( Cirque du soleil started here ) I have to say you have no idea how great these shows are. I would go to see La Nouba, it is really worth the $$$. You can't compare it to anything else because nothing has been done like this before.

Hoop dee doo sounds like alot of fun but they are not the same at ALL.

It's hard to really compare the two! It's like comparing apples to oranges. Hoop de doo is a Disney must, very laid back and enjoyable....very Disney. Cirque is more of a "production" and much more expensive. Are you looking for a casual, family, rowdy time? Hoope de doo. Or an "experience" that costs a lot of money, not necessarily a Disney thing?

They are really 2 different kinds of shows and as such are difficult to compare. Like trying to compare Beaches & Cream to the Yachtsman. Both are good at what they do, but they don't do the same things so making comparisons is difficult.

At HDDR, you'll get a meal ( not fancy ) and all of the beer or wine you can drink in addition to the show. It's corny, but it's supposed to be corny.

On the other hand, at Cirque, you'll pay as much or more ( depending on where you want to sit ) and still have to pay for dinner somewhere on top of it. It's a show everyone should see, but as with HDDR ( too corny for some tastes ), not everyone likes a circus.

In a perfect world, I'd say do both, but if it's not possible, I'd go with which ever one sounds more appealing to you and your party.

Good luck!

HDDR is fun, and the performers are talented, but La Nouba is easily 10 times the show that HDDR is. The La Nouba performers are world-class, and so are the production values (set, music, seating, lighting, etc.). Don't miss it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter