Hoop Dee Do......worth it?

Not to hijack, but for those of you who have gone, is it worth it to pay OOP to get priority 1 seating?

It will be 5 adults and 1 11 y/o and a toddler.

Not sure if we want to burn 2 credits on seats that aren't as good... but maybe they are??
We paid OOP for category 1 seats a few years ago. VERY glad we did, and I would definitely make the same decision again!

YMMV, but we ate at HDDR this past weekend and were automatically served Mac 'n Cheese - it appears all the tables (at least those near us) also received it. It was one of the highlights of the meal.

This happened with us as well on our December trip. All tables got Mac 'n Cheese. It came out slightly after the rest of the food and was an unexpected but pleasant surprise. That was our third time at HDDR in a two year span and the only time we got Mac 'n Cheese. I don't know if this is a new addition or totally random. It wasn't on the menu.

Just booked our annual "getaway" for September for Food and Wine and always looking to try a new experience. I booked Hoop Dee Do for me and the wife. She's not a real fried chicken and ribs eater but she goes for me....and since its Free Dining....it feels like we're not actually paying for it. With that said, is the show THAT good that I'm giving up 2 meal credits for it? I eat it all...so no worries for me but do they do anything else on request? I saw a video of someone eating MacnCheese but it wasnt on the menu....wondering if theyd do a burger or ckn tenders? TIA!

We went once when my kids were younger and it was not a bad experience at all, just not something I would repeat. The food is decent and the show is cute. I am glad I did it once but would not have gone at all without kids.

YMMV, but we ate at HDDR this past weekend and were automatically served Mac 'n Cheese - it appears all the tables (at least those near us) also received it. It was one of the highlights of the meal.

We also lucked out - paying for Cat 3 and getting Cat 1 seating - they didn't use any of the seating in the balcony at that particular showing.

I apologize then. We have been several times and it was never served

This happened with us as well on our December trip. All tables got Mac 'n Cheese. It came out slightly after the rest of the food and was an unexpected but pleasant surprise. That was our third time at HDDR in a two year span and the only time we got Mac 'n Cheese. I don't know if this is a new addition or totally random. It wasn't on the menu.

I agree, it must be new. And it is not on the menu
The menu we have always received is the menu posted above by @HopperFan

Not to hijack, but for those of you who have gone, is it worth it to pay OOP to get priority 1 seating?

It will be 5 adults and 1 11 y/o and a toddler.

Not sure if we want to burn 2 credits on seats that aren't as good... but maybe they are??
area is small if your group is able to get up the steps balacony has great seats

We love HDDR and go every trip. Good food and fun times. We always end up leaving full and happy.:)

We love HDDR! We were just there on the 17th and it was wonderful as usual. Our kids just turned 15 and this was their request for their birthday dinner. No mac & cheese, just the regular menu - and it was all great. My dh has a dairy allergy and the chef came out before hand to say that he'd bring separate corn, cornbread, a baked potato, butter substitute, and a special dessert for him. It was handled really well and he said it was all good. We pay oop, and spend the money for cat1 seating. We've sat in category 2 and 3 before and both are fine, we just like being up front. The performers do a great job of moving through the theater and involving everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!