Honey, I Shrunk the Checkbook, Really final, some Feb shots, 7-27, pg82.

Woohoo! I'm strange! (I know, I've already confessed to a tendancy towards this.) I practiced the ball game with some of the larger styrofoam cups which I took the time to duct tape to my parents' linoleum living room floor. I guess we were out of masking tape but my Dad wasn't too pleased when he found my little practice area. (I was an early riser as a kid. I was up at 4-5 AM and my dad typically rolled out of bed about 5:30. Plenty of time to get in trouble.) What, exactly, did he think I was collecting the cup containers for anyhow?

OK!OK! he's waiting for me to get OFF the 'puter :surfweb: so he can get to work.

(guess what nebo did? he put a picture of the poly on our desktop, knowing FULL WELL that is my dream resort. he plays dirty)

Hi all! looking forward to reliving our trip with you!!!:banana:

Oh, I can definitely believe this one. Just watching his masterful prose in regards to the prior trip report was enough. Poor, poor Smidgy.

(Psst, Nebo...food and wine festival, October, see you there?)

DFi and I can both sympathize with gastronomical issues. We've both been diagnosed with IBS and I come from a long line of it! Thankfully, on trips it tends to swing to the polar opposite of what you were experiencing. For the first three or so days, that's all fine and dandy. By day 4, I don't want to eat any longer. I think DFi's is related more to a gluten intolerance since his nephew has been diagnosed with Celiac's. Try talking him out of drinking gluten-laden beer though!

Great update, by the way! Very amusing. I think I'll use 'and we're off' on our next trip. I wonder if the stewardesses would appreciate me yelling it though? :confused3

Just checking in to say Hello :wave2: and that I love your trip reports, you are a very entertaining writer. I think I may have posted on your first report but I have been following along for all of them. :)

I feel like that kid that missed the bus and is running hopelessly alongside screaming and crying for them to let me on! (sniff) for starters I gotta go back and catch up, but first I just wanna say I can't believe peeps don't know who Ray Kroc is:sad2: .

I am subbing. Thanks UtahMama for showing me the way to Nebo!!

We have quite a few false starts leaving our house as well...usually it'sDh's fault, what's with you men? :laughing:

It's at least 64 degrees outside right now, absolutely balmy for January in Chicagoland. Good day to sit in a bar.

Oh yeah, we can't smoke inside anymore. We are now Florida!

First of all; Great Title!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: That lead me straight here! :yay:
The title is the hardest part. In two days this went from the present title to "Smidgy and the Tramp" to "Smidgy and the Beast" to "Fooling Nebo", and finally back to "HISTC"

Did your route take you thru Ft Wayne? I spend a lot time there also.

I'm not sure. My route on 65 takes me through, well, 65. And at 3 in the morning, all the towns pretty much look the same. How come so many towns are named after water towers, anyway?

I find turning on the heated seats helps me.

Heated seats? There is only one way this seat is able to be heated, and that's my biggest concern at this point.

:thumbsup2

MDF, thanks for joining in, that was a great post! Your join date shows you to be just about a founding member here on the Dis, and I can't believe I didn't find it until july of 06. I also remember reading some of your reports a while ago when I was still a lurker, and injoyed them a lot, don't you have a dumb nickname also? Buzz? Yeah, I remember reading you and thinking it must be ZZUB during his dyslexic phase! Well thanks for reading, hope you come around often!

Oh. My. Heck.!!!!:lmao: :lmao:

Gastric problems have never been so funny!

After having my gall bladder removed 9 years ago Ihave to be careful of what I eat on road trips because I never know when "it" will hit.

Have you ever seen the movie 2 weeks notice? In one scend Sandra Bullock's character is stuck in a trafic jam and after eating a hog dog she has to go really bad, so she runs up to an rv that's sitting in front of her and asks to use their bathroom.................You reminded me of that scene!

I don't think there is anything more terrifying than to be stuck in that situation. So helpless, so helpless, I'd rather spend 12 hours with an Amway salesman.

Yes, I do , my right foot is held together with titanium:headache:

:

Mo, that was a great post, I was laughing my butt off here at all your comments, unfortunately you can't get the whole exchange when you multi quote. Sounds like we share a titanium moment together. I've had a plate, 8 screws, and a dozen staples embedded into my foot, along with a piece of my hip, though that wasn't titanium. Most of the junk is out of there now, except for just a couple of broken screws that would be too much trouble to remove.

Great. Now I know the bathroom habits of both you and ZZUB. Note to self, stay out of Canada (at least Epcot's version) AND the greater Chicago area. :scared1:

I want to point out that I have removed my "masochistic" ticker and replaced it with a link to my trip report that I started this morning. Shameless plug - but you inspired me Nebo! :) Now if I could just figure out how to change my title to update date and chapter post...

Looking forward to the next update! :surfweb:

hi CJ, I'm gonna be a know-it -all here right now. First of all, I think you're confusing ZzUB with Happyhaunt, he's from Alabama I believe, she's from Canada. But they talk about each other a lot in they're reports so it's easy to mix them up. And Two: It seems folks appreciatate it when you update your title to include the last chapter entry and the date and page it's on.
Just go to the first page of your trip report, and hit "edit" at the bottom. When the screen changes, then hit "Advance Edit". Then you'll be able to change the title to include new info.

I got a PM I got PM!!!:woohoo: and I only posted once last TR!
Really? Only once? I take back my PM!

Dang Nebo your fans are so fast every time I want to make a comment I'm so far behind nobody cares anymore.
I care:sad1: And We have Chicago Dogs down here, there's one next door to my office and I'm totally hooked.
So glad to see a new report I need something interesting to do at work tomorrow.
Lynn
My Chicago dog has mustard, relish, onions, pickle, and celery salt. And the fries are wrapped up with the dog. Ah, heaven.

I feel your pain. I had potty issues when traveling to Spain. Unfortunately I had the middle seat of five across and it was a night flight. It wasn't pretty.:sad2: I too took many Immodium and didn't go until Christmas--and I was traveling during Spring Break:scared1:
good one! Thar she blows!
Great chapter!

Posting like a rock star!

Posting like a rock star!

I just love looking like a uber posting freak.

Sorry Nebo, it triple quoted me there.

See? See? It's not just me. Although, ,,, hmm,,,, a triple post? yeah, right lady.

hi, nebo! i was sent over here by the peeps on the DISappearing peeps thread. i keep hearing of these people named nebo and smidgy and i'm here to find out what the heck everyone's talking about! :laughing:

After Nashville, comes the part Smidgy just hates.
It's an extremely steep decline of 6 percent , with runaway truck ramps on the sides, and a cloud of fear over Diane's head.
You don't touch the gas pedal for about 7 miles, and that's no bull.

that would be called monteagle. i live in georgia and my entire family is in nashville, hence lots of road trips over this stretch of interstate. i'm used to it now as long as i have my gum to help with the ear-popping. tell smidgy that if she can overcome her fear long enough to open her eyes while coming down the mountain and going towards chattanooga it's a GORGEOUS view! i don't know if it was daylight when you guys were going through there but it's really pretty.

it was doomed to happen.......the double post gremlin has decided to strike!

Originally Posted by castmemberb4
I got a PM I got PM!!!:woohoo: and I only posted once last TR!

I am not bitter, really! Nope, not me........:sad2:

Great start, Nebo!

Oh, regarding the otters at POR, they live by the fishing hole. It gets stocked with fish, and the otters have heaven on earth there!!!

nebo said:
MDF, thanks for joining in, that was a great post! Your join date shows you to be just about a founding member here on the Dis, and I can't believe I didn't find it until july of 06. I also remember reading some of your reports a while ago when I was still a lurker, and injoyed them a lot, don't you have a dumb nickname also? Buzz? Yeah, I remember reading you and thinking it must be ZZUB during his dyslexic phase! Well thanks for reading, hope you come around often!

Buzz, yup. ::yes:: I wouldn't call it dumb though. :mad:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I actually joined in 1997 but they reset everyone in 1999 so I had to start over. :mad: I remember being really pissed about that also. :rolleyes: I musta had an easy life if that bothered me.

I'll ride this sucker out to the end. Great start and thank you for sharing.

Oh, regarding the otters at POR, they live by the fishing hole. It gets stocked with fish, and the otters have heaven on earth there!!!

Yep, it was just before the bridge over to the island. So cute!!

Great start Nebo. With your eyes I can't believe you'd try driving at night. We no how well you do going into the rides/restaurants and all. Does the same thing happen when headlights hit? You just drive blind for 5 minutes or so?:confused3

Angela

Yeah, I've gotta get rid of that. And replace it with one equally as depressing..."20 months until Our Next Disney Adventure". That's IF my barely-Disney-tolerating DH agrees. :sad2:
..psst. don't tell nebo... get HIM to think it's HIS idea! "oh honey, we just can't! "shhhh....no one tell now....

My DH and I are 50ish couple (well, I'm almost there), but with the worst timing! We're not empty nesters yet. We've got one in the 4th grade and one in the 6th. :scared:

:
um, my grandson is 2 and another JUST conceived... can I BORROW your kids??? I promise to forgo DTD and PLEASURE ISLE(whatever)
if I can see my world (disney)through their eyes!!!

Don't worry, Nebo.....It doesn't bother me really that I didn't get the super dooper special invite to your party! Being ignored only encourages me!:goodvibes

winkers: you are cordially invited to join nebo and smidgy on any real and/or imaginary travails through WDW!!!! ... wow wouldn't that be SO COOL!!! ok, let's start ... first stop... AK>.. a visit to see DeVIne....ooops sorry honey... never mind

Yeah, I've gotta get rid of that. And replace it with one equally as depressing..."20 months until Our Next Disney Adventure". That's IF my barely-Disney-tolerating DH agrees. :sad2:
..psst. don't tell nebo... get HIM to think it's HIS idea! "oh honey, we just can't! "shhhh....no one tell now....

My DH and I are 50ish couple (well, I'm almost there), but with the worst timing! We're not empty nesters yet. We've got one in the 4th grade and one in the 6th. :scared:

:
um, my grandson is 2 and another JUST conceived... can I BORROW your kids??? I promise to forgo DTD and PLEASURE ISLE(whatever)
if I can see my world (disney)through their eyes!!!

Don't worry, Nebo.....It doesn't bother me really that I didn't get the super dooper special invite to your party! Being ignored only encourages me!:goodvibes

winkers: you are cordially invited to join nebo and smidgy on any real and/or imaginary travails through WDW!!!! ... wow wouldn't that be SO COOL!!! ok, let's start ... first stop... AK>.. a visit to see DeVIne....ooops sorry honey... never mind

Thank you Diane! :flower3: I feel much better now, not so stalkerish!

Hi Nebo!

Well, I had no idea that you had such a huge following or a previous report. I feel honored that you responded to me! I REALLY do live in Qatar, I swear. Next to camel riding the Disboards are my favorite things. No, I hate riding camels, but I do see them often. We are Americans living here for a few years. DH is an Accountant for an oil company and I am the Queen of our villa and ruler over our children and pets.

Now I am off to read the report you have finished!

Katy

hi CJ, I'm gonna be a know-it -all here right now. First of all, I think you're confusing ZzUB with Happyhaunt, he's from Alabama I believe, she's from Canada. But they talk about each other a lot in they're reports so it's easy to mix them up. And Two: It seems folks appreciatate it when you update your title to include the last chapter entry and the date and page it's on.
Just go to the first page of your trip report, and hit "edit" at the bottom. When the screen changes, then hit "Advance Edit". Then you'll be able to change the title to include new info.

Well, Mr, Know-It-All, if you don't know what ZZUB did to that bathroom in Canada (Epcot's version, that is), it's clear to me that you haven't kept up with your trip-report reading. All caught up in writing your own, now, are you? :snooty:

Buzz, yup. ::yes:: I wouldn't call it dumb though. :mad:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I actually joined in 1997 but they reset everyone in 1999 so I had to start over. :mad: I remember being really pissed about that also. :rolleyes: I musta had an easy life if that bothered me.

I'll ride this sucker out to the end. Great start and thank you for sharing.

OK Buzz, everywhere I go on the Dis, there you are buzzing around, how is it you only have 3000 posts since 1999?????:confused:

Nebo is laughoutloud worthy :worship:

I am enjoying my last week "off."

I sign up for college classes next week :woohoo:

Enjoying my bloody mary, all caught up on my favs now...

You may proceed~

Please...:angel:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter