• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Honesty time, how many times do you search?

All of a sudden last night there was everything imaginable available. I was shocked! I thought I was dreaming! It was glorious! Incredible! Amazing!

Then I realized I'd accidentally put in December instead of November. Oh.... :(

Didn't really do any ADR's at my 180 day window except for a New Years Day dinner res. & HDDR. Then at 110 days out thought I'd see if I could make a few more...scored Le Cellier for the night I wanted it! :cool1: Wasn't going to do BOG then a few days ago thought I'd take a look....found times for 3 different nights of our trip!!! :dance3: Wasn't going to do a character meal (kids are 18 & 12) but thought it might be nice to get in to MK early....scored an 8:10am for CP! :cheer2: Hoping I'm as lucky when my FastPass+ window opens! :)

there is nothing shameful about using a tool to help you book what you want! Good luck with your BOG dinner! It's worth it IMO.

Thanks RobinB. I am being hopeful, but slowly running out of steam even though I have two weeks until I am there. I've been trying to book this as a surprise for my DW since we are celebrating our 1 year anniversary. So far no luck.

At least, while at work, I get paid to search for a time slot! :banana::laughing:

I feel like I hit that search button a few times an hour, but then I don't have anything better to be doing so why not! It got me the Ohana I wanted at the time I wanted 35 days out. Now if I could only get this 50s Prime Time I need and this Kona breakfast at the right time...

I'm planning a 1st time trip in late Jan & only made reservations a week ago. I already feel like I've fallen down the rabbit hole in all the research and ADR's and planning.

I have a dinner reservation for each night we're in WDW, but no BOG. I'm thinking it't time to throw in the towel and just do my best to get a lunch once the booking window opens and be done.

I keep a tab open on my browser and click it whenever I think about it, which tends to be quite a few times a day.

Not nearly as much as I use to. I had everything I wanted in June, 180D. Booked CP package in July. :thumbsup2

Ready to go! Then changed plans in late August. Decided I wanted early days, with early nights. Then decided I wanted to see Fantasmic! on this trip. Then changed mind on HDDR show time. I was able to get the HDDR I wanted last month. I changed our F! 2 weeks ago. Yeah!

I keep my browser open on laptop, kindle & iPhone. Dining browser open, hit refresh. Later time for F! showing. Wasn't even looking this time, was going to check on FP+. Yeah!

I've actually never "searched". To us, the ADRs are the most important part of the trip. We usually do one big ADR for dinner and breakfast. We do the most coveted ones first and plan the rest of the trip around them. For example- we wanted a BoG reservation for a Monday originally, but we could only get one for a Friday this last trip. So, we just planned an MK day on that day.

What time of day seems to have the best results? I've been trying forever!!!

Well, personally, for me, a 6 person ressie popped up yesterday around 1ish and then this AM around 9. so as you'll see, it can be anytime of the day/night. I also think party size has alot to do with it. I've been searching DAILY multiple times a day for a party of 2 - but to no avail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter