Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

I've been looking all over this morning and I'm pretty sure I've lost my mind.

A few days ago I was browsing around for ideas, we are cruising in Oct and it's a first time for 6 of the people we are going with including my mother who payed for a portion of our room as an anniversary gift. I really wanted to make a few cute pairs of earrings for everyone and came across a shrinky dink page with the cruise line logo and a mickey head in life preservers, I was son my tablet and it wouldn't save and now that I'm on the computer I can't find it anywhere. Was it in this thread I've read about 55 pages and can't find it.

If you can help I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

I saw some in the fish extender disney cruise line facebook page, here is the link you will just have to request to join it is a closed board
https://www.facebook.com/groups/167311023398247/

Thanks everyone for sharing these wonderful ideas, now to start planning and making for our september cruise:coffee:

aligator- I love your idea of making ice pack covers! If you are still around can you post pictures?

We were one of the lucky recipients of the water bottles, candy, magnet & pirate goodies!!! I LOVED it all!!! You have also gotten me hooked on ginger chews, which I can't find the chimes brand here in FL, boo. :(. Thanks again!!! :)

You may want to check your Marshalls or TJ Maxx if you have them. I recently read an article about ginger helping women during their, well you know. I found the peanut butter Chimes at Marshalls and I am HOOKED!!! :)

loving all the FUN ideas for the FE!!! can't wait to get started on ours!!!! my kiddos are excited to help with the creativity too!!!

On our last disney cruise, we received a gift of 6 or 7 little squares of disney fabric doubled sided with Velcro to stick them togather. There was no tag on them and I don't really know the proper use for them, has anyone made or seen this before?

Here are my most recent FE gifts!

Pocket lights for kids
il_570xN.585312356_la6s.jpg

Flameless candles for adults - or as some said "shot glasses disguised as candles" LOL!
il_570xN.585423543_nccl.jpg

I've read thru this thread over the last wk & have been in awe of everyone's talent! Thanks for sharing! :worship:

I'm a bit confused. Do you give gifts every day. Or just pick one day to drop off all gifts?

Most families give gifts just one day per cruise, and the day choice is up to them. While some families choose to give gifts on multiple days and some groups assign days.

Once you join a group, you will find out what is expected and f it's more than you feel you can handle you can always back out.

Has anyone actually used the Ikea Pyssllingar Fish Extenders? Are they OK size wise. I read that they need to be 8inches wide, & these are just over 10 inches. I don't want to get on board & find they are too wide. We're looking at going on the Fantasy or Dream if that makes a difference.
I'm from Australia and looking at going on our first cruise late next year. DCL doesn't travel here so don't know when we'll have a need for a FE again. They are a good price.
Another question. We have 6 young kids & my Mum will be travelling with us. So obviously I'll have 2 FE (1 on each stateroom), but will it be big enough with 9 people and 6 pockets? From what I've seen on here, most people tend to have 1 pocket per person. I'm happy to make them if it's not, but wouldn't be able to do it at that cost, and I need 2.
Also, how did people hang these ones. Just put ribbon at either end? Not sure.
Thanks for your help.

Has anyone actually used the Ikea Pyssllingar Fish Extenders? Are they OK size wise. I read that they need to be 8inches wide, & these are just over 10 inches. I don't want to get on board & find they are too wide. We're looking at going on the Fantasy or Dream if that makes a difference.
I'm from Australia and looking at going on our first cruise late next year. DCL doesn't travel here so don't know when we'll have a need for a FE again. They are a good price.
Another question. We have 6 young kids & my Mum will be travelling with us. So obviously I'll have 2 FE (1 on each stateroom), but will it be big enough with 9 people and 6 pockets? From what I've seen on here, most people tend to have 1 pocket per person. I'm happy to make them if it's not, but wouldn't be able to do it at that cost, and I need 2.
Thanks for your help.

We never used Ikea. I ordered one off ebay. here's a little FE writeup I did to assist with our DVC cruise last year.
I list the dimensions of the one we had and show photos of how it hangs on the Dream/Fantasy.

I have other photos as well. Let me know if you need more detail

Hope this helps.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=47465790&postcount=872

Also, 6 pockets is fine for a group of 9. Most times, I've seen two FE's hanging for side by side cabins even it they count as only 1 group participating so you are good to go with this.

We've hung a group FE in it's own handle bag from the Fish Extender or placed a little bag in just the top pockets. everything is usually labeled so your little ones will know if something is meant just for them.

have a great time.

Thanks poison ivy, I should be right to go and buy a couple of these extenders then. Your post was very helpful and your fish extender looks great. I'm so excited about going on a cruise, as well as a little nervous about having young kids on the ship, but I'm sure we'll all have an awesome time. I think they'll love doing the fish extenders.

Thanks for your help.

I just did! The size/width worked just fine for us on the Fantasy. I thought I packed ribbon to use to hang but it never made it. There is a round tab attached to the back that velcros to close. I was worried the velcro wouldn't be strong enough but it was! So I just wrapped the tab around the "fish" and velcroed it on.
We are a family of five and I used just one. I used the top pocket for DH and myself, the middle pocket for one DD and the bottom for 2 DDs. worked great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter