Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

Hmmm.. I think you should cruise on the Wonder for halloween this year! Oh, and maybe the 9-night Alaskan cruise next May? pirate: I know those people would REALLY appreciate and enjoy your gift! :thumbsup2

LOL. I just saw this. I wish I could go on all those cruises! Right now, we're looking at the Fantasy in February 2015 if you want to go then! :cool1:

Here are my gifts from our December Magic cruise.

Family gift:

DSC_0493 by dolphingirl47, on Flickr

First drop

Boys:

Front

DSC_0494 by dolphingirl47, on Flickr

Back

DSC_0495 by dolphingirl47, on Flickr

Girls

DSC_0496 by dolphingirl47, on Flickr

Ladies

DSC_0499 by dolphingirl47, on Flickr

Men

DSC_0500 by dolphingirl47, on Flickr

Second drop

Girls

DSC_0542 by dolphingirl47, on Flickr

Ladies - The photo is a bit dark. There are little Christmas trees made from Swarovski crystals on the bookmarks

DSC_0543 by dolphingirl47, on Flickr

Men

DSC_0544 by dolphingirl47, on Flickr

Boys

DSC_0545 by dolphingirl47, on Flickr

Corinna

Hi, I am totally new to this and I am in charge of the June 15 dream cruise (so no looking if you are on that cruise) by default but I think I am handling it ok :goodvibes

I have never been on a cruise let alone done the FE and this is a big surprise for my hubby's 30th birthday, so I thought it would be special for him to be part of the FE. It will be like getting presents for his bday all week.

Anyways I am rambling :rotfl:

My idea is to do recycled crayons in silicone molds: Mickey and pirate skulls for the boys along with a handmade coloring book of disney pirate stuff & for the girls Mickey and snowflake crayons. I want to do Olaf enjoying the Summer coloring books for the girls.

Does this sound good and how old are kids when they no longer want to color?
I don't want anyone to feel too old for their gift.

For 11+ on the girls, I thought nail polish with some disney decals might be fun

For the room, I thought photo mats and markers or disney dream christmas ornaments

Some Mickey ear Texas magnets and a Magnet with our itinerary, maybe a San Antonio postcard

For the women, Mickey and seashell soaps with various beachy scents
For the Men, a keychain with some "dream" related quote and our cruise and date on the back.

How does this sound? Also any ideas for teenage boys?

Thanks. :)

:cheer2: This has been a fun thread to look through. I am doing the FE for our cruise in August, first time doing it. I must say that I am obsessed with finding stuff to make. My brain is going to burst with all of the information that I have stuffed into it. I am looking forward to more ideas, my brain has a few extra openings.

Does this sound good and how old are kids when they no longer want to color? I don't want anyone to feel too old for their gift.

Thanks. :)

Welllll......we were a group of 3 adults participating in the FE about a year ago and received a package of silicone mold/home-made crayons as a FE gift. I still chuckle at that. Maybe you are never too old for crayons! :)

Welllll......we were a group of 3 adults participating in the FE about a year ago and received a package of silicone mold/home-made crayons as a FE gift. I still chuckle at that. Maybe you are never too old for crayons! :)

I know, I love the ones I made, so figured kids would too. I did mickey heads and skulls in pirate sacks for the boys and snowflakes and mickeys for girls. I am happy with how they turned out, hope they like them as much as you liked yours. Thanks for the input

So DH thinks the adults would like TGIFridays free appetizer coupons for when they get off the ship, he works there, so it is a little something unique to us....would that be cheesy or more appreciated than something specifically disney themed???

So DH thinks the adults would like TGIFridays free appetizer coupons for when they get off the ship, he works there, so it is a little something unique to us....would that be cheesy or more appreciated than something specifically disney themed???

:thumbsup2 I know we would like that as a gift, but TGI's might not be in everyone's area. It is the thought that counts though.

That would be an excellent gift IMO. I do have to chuckle, my DH used to do the same things when he worked there, especially for school events and such. It always was well received.

The only downside I would see to this is that many people would feel that they need to spend a bunch of money in order to get that "free" appetizer...i.e. purchasing drinks, appetizers for others in their party that don't have a coupon, or even a meal.

Not that it should matter (since it is a "gift", after all) but some people might be put-off and think it was a cheap (or free, if DH is an employee and has access to free vouchers)/no-effort way to do FE.

of course, i understand, but it would only be part of the group's gift- definitely plan on doing some crafting to go along with it. I guess my question is not so much about whether people would gripe over "cost" of gift, but whether or not is non-disney related.

of course, i understand, but it would only be part of the group's gift- definitely plan on doing some crafting to go along with it. I guess my question is not so much about whether people would gripe over "cost" of gift, but whether or not is non-disney related.

I don't think that "disney themed" is necessarily a requirement for FE gifts. Many people comment how "useful" cruise-survival kits (band-aids, lip balm, etc.) are, and those are not 'directly' Disney.

Personally, I LOVE certain, specific TGIF appetizers, so the idea that such a coupon could have a "value" of nearly $10 makes it quite attractive to me. . .

I've posted before about someone who gave an "easy" but fabulous FE gift. They gave each cabin a mickey head wine bottle stopper. That was all, but it was also enough. FEs are primarily for kids, but _I_ enjoyed that 'adult' gift!

I agree might be good for some and it is the thought that counts, we just don't have any TGIFs anymore in our area so we wouldn't be able to utilize it but it is a nice gesture. :)

I've been looking all over this morning and I'm pretty sure I've lost my mind.

A few days ago I was browsing around for ideas, we are cruising in Oct and it's a first time for 6 of the people we are going with including my mother who payed for a portion of our room as an anniversary gift. I really wanted to make a few cute pairs of earrings for everyone and came across a shrinky dink page with the cruise line logo and a mickey head in life preservers, I was son my tablet and it wouldn't save and now that I'm on the computer I can't find it anywhere. Was it in this thread I've read about 55 pages and can't find it.

If you can help I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

the nearest TGI Fridays to us is about 3 hours...so although it's the thought that counts...it might only work for people in metropolitan areas? :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter