Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

Have customized koozies (can coolers) for a water bottle or can been overdone? After 4 cruises I'm new to this FE stuff! Want to give something people will like.:goodvibes

Corinna,

Love all of your FE's, but the Hidden Mickey Necklace in particular I would like do for my family cruise, there are 6 adult women and this is perfect! Could you PM me the images?

Corinna-

Can you send me the hidden mickey images also?

Thanks!

I think of making a fabric ice pack cover that will have straps so you can use it hands free. It will be the size of a reusable cold pack/hot pack. Or a small ziplock bag of ice.
I will include a small ziplock bag that can be filled with ice for use on the cruise.
What do people think of my idea?
I am going for something that I have not seen on people talk about here and something that is handy and can be used when people go home, and is small and light to transport.

So, we went on our cruise in September and I was very excited for my first fe! It was so much fun to get back to my crafty side, which was something my DH really didn't know about me. I'm not sure how well my gifts went over as I didn't get any feedback, but I loved making them that's for sure! The things I made were pens for the men with our group name and cruise info, Popsicle stick bracelets for the girls, personalized coin pouches with dcl logo for the teens, and sandal charms for the women. Surprisingly, I found gifts for the boys to be the hardest, and just bought them some little things. Posting pics is a little complicated, plus I forgot to take some, so unfortunately I can't show you.

The sandal charms were the most complicated thing. Basically I took baking clay and designed the top with the dcl symbol. Then they had a clear elastic loop that goes out one side and attaches to a hook on the other side. You place it on a sandal strap, pull the loop under and attach it to the hook. They sell a similar item from crocs (not the classic crocs with the pic-like charms, but they're new sandals.) It took a lot of trial and error to make a design that worked, so I hope people liked them.

Hello, my Mickey Cruising Friends!

Last year I had some hidden Mickey Marble pages downloaded from Corinna, also Dolphingirl47 (I think), originally she obtained them from an etsy artist, who authorized sharing to make Mickey necklaces.

They were gorgeous. Until my computer crashed & I lost them. I messaged Corinna, but I don't know if she is still active on this site, as people come and go and I am getting close to my cruise date.

I want to replace them. Is there anyone who has them and who would pm me with the download? I would be most grateful. We are cruising again & I want to surprise my daughter with a necklace. :worship:

omg! just saw a post requesting the same thing from Corinna!!! you are still here! I was able to save the heart marbles, but lost the hidden mickey ones! would you please send them to me, as my dumb computer crashed. I promise I will back them up this time. I was so sad and I have been searching the wreckage for days for these!

Hello, my Mickey Cruising Friends!

Last year I had some hidden Mickey Marble pages downloaded from Corinna, also Dolphingirl47 (I think), originally she obtained them from an etsy artist, who authorized sharing to make Mickey necklaces.

They were gorgeous. Until my computer crashed & I lost them. I messaged Corinna, but I don't know if she is still active on this site, as people come and go and I am getting close to my cruise date.

I want to replace them. Is there anyone who has them and who would pm me with the download? I would be most grateful. We are cruising again & I want to surprise my daughter with a necklace. :worship:

omg! just saw a post requesting the same thing from Corinna!!! you are still here! I was able to save the heart marbles, but lost the hidden mickey ones! would you please send them to me, as my dumb computer crashed. I promise I will back them up this time. I was so sad and I have been searching the wreckage for days for these!

I am still here. I was not the one who originally shared them, but I downloaded them when they were shared on here and have helped out a few people who have not been around at the time since. I don't think they originated from Etsy either. They were made by a very talented artist with their own website called Modern Marbling.

I never saw your message as it was hiding in the visitor messages.

Corinna

Modern Marbling is SO COOL. Just had to look!
They do have etsy, alldesigns link to etsy from website.

I looked too. Modern Marbling is very cool. I'd love to see this hidden Mickey pattern. I did not see it on their Etsy page.

I looked too. Modern Marbling is very cool. I'd love to see this hidden Mickey pattern. I did not see it on their Etsy page.

It's not on her Etsy page. Michelle doesn't sell the hidden Mickeys; she did it for free, as a favor, because of her love of Disney.

More gifts I made

Car Wallet

Tink Make-up roll

Minnie Make-up roll

Minnie pencil case.

More gifts I made

Car Wallet

Tink Make-up roll

Minnie Make-up roll

Minnie pencil case.

Susan

I saw your makeup rolls on the FB page, I absolutely love that idea. I need to make one for myself!

Thanks, everyone, for posting these ideas. I have to admit that this string is making me a little nervous--I work a ton, and I am absolutely not crafty. Even if I had the time to make these cool homemade gifts, I don't have the talent. I love the ideas that everyone has posted. Will people be disappointed if they get pre-made gifts in their FE? I don't want to be the party pooper of my FE!

Thanks,
Lisa

Thanks, everyone, for posting these ideas. I have to admit that this string is making me a little nervous--I work a ton, and I am absolutely not crafty. Even if I had the time to make these cool homemade gifts, I don't have the talent. I love the ideas that everyone has posted. Will people be disappointed if they get pre-made gifts in their FE? I don't want to be the party pooper of my FE!

Thanks,
Lisa

Nope. In fact, the majority of the gifts you get in the FE will be store bought stuff...at least that's what we've experienced in the two FE's we did.

I myself am slightly crafty, but lacking in a lot of time. We usually do a gift bag per room containing a variety of different things...pencils, notepads, picture frames, that kind of thing.

Two of the best things we received I appreciated were first aid kids (after the cruise, we put them in the glove compartments of our cars) and waterproof pouches (just used the one we received last cruise at Blizzard Beach to hold our resort cards and cash). All store bought.

Nope. In fact, the majority of the gifts you get in the FE will be store bought stuff...at least that's what we've experienced in the two FE's we did.

I myself am slightly crafty, but lacking in a lot of time. We usually do a gift bag per room containing a variety of different things...pencils, notepads, picture frames, that kind of thing.

Two of the best things we received I appreciated were first aid kids (after the cruise, we put them in the glove compartments of our cars) and waterproof pouches (just used the one we received last cruise at Blizzard Beach to hold our resort cards and cash). All store bought.
Thanks! That made me feel better...and I'm excited to do this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!