Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

Those are really cool! I've been eyeing the Yudu for a while now...you've got me thinking I neeeeeeeeeeeeeed one ;)

You should be able to hang the bags on the doorknob.

Is there something you can buy that is native to where you're from? Candy, etc.?

Thanks!! If you buy a yudo the best advise I can give you is don't give up! It can be a really big pain in the butt at first! I wanted to pitch the thing through the window a few times! You can also "hack" it and use different chemicals and use different screens! You can find a lot of information online!

I was thinking about going to a local shop and seeing what I can get but candy etc has to be pre-packed right?

Thanks!! If you buy a yudo the best advise I can give you is don't give up! It can be a really big pain in the butt at first! I wanted to pitch the thing through the window a few times! You can also "hack" it and use different chemicals and use different screens! You can find a lot of information online!

I was thinking about going to a local shop and seeing what I can get but candy etc has to be pre-packed right?

Oooh, I'm a good hacker. I have a (ProvoCraft-made) Cricut and I've hacked it with third-party software. Good to know.

I would prefer to get pre-packaged candy myself, but I'm sure if you found something individually wrapped, you could then break a big bag down. You know? Good luck finding something! If you don't come up with anything, what you've got is amazing anyway!

Oooh, I'm a good hacker. I have a (ProvoCraft-made) Cricut and I've hacked it with third-party software. Good to know.

I would prefer to get pre-packaged candy myself, but I'm sure if you found something individually wrapped, you could then break a big bag down. You know? Good luck finding something! If you don't come up with anything, what you've got is amazing anyway!

Ohhh, do you mind if I ask what the 3rd party software was!? I was looking for something to use with my cricut, aside from the cricut software!

If you're on the Dream departing next Thursday, May 3rd, PLEASE don't look! Highlight below for text ;)

I made drawing pads for the kiddos http://www.flickr.com/photos/79505618@N04/6969547222/
and small goodie bags with a few pirate things and a box of crayons

for each stateroom, a bag http://www.flickr.com/photos/79505618@N04/7115630235/ made with my yudo

and a water bottle http://www.flickr.com/photos/79505618@N04/7115630565/
made using water decals

I have 2 concerns at this point!

I deleted the text but You should have made the text below this white. Anyone can read the rest of the post and know what you did!!!

Ohhh, do you mind if I ask what the 3rd party software was!? I was looking for something to use with my cricut, aside from the cricut software!

SCAL 2 works with the Cricut, but is no longer sold and I think any updates to the Cricut firmware will make it unusable (I have one machine I use for JUST SCAL and another that I use with the Cricut software). SCAL 3 works with new machines. Once my older machine dies, I'm leaning toward getting a Silhouette Cameo or an eCraft machine. There's lots of threads over on the Scrapbooking board! We'd love to meet you!

SCAL 2 works with the Cricut, but is no longer sold and I think any updates to the Cricut firmware will make it unusable (I have one machine I use for JUST SCAL and another that I use with the Cricut software). SCAL 3 works with new machines. Once my older machine dies, I'm leaning toward getting a Silhouette Cameo or an eCraft machine. There's lots of threads over on the Scrapbooking board! We'd love to meet you!

I was looking at the silhouette! It seems like you can do a lot with it! Most of my scrapbooking is digital but I do a lot of paper crafts and stuff! I'll have to swing by the scrapbooking board! Thanks!

For our recent cruise, I made magnets for each room (mostly I gave 2 princesses and 1 Mickey):

6798998012_ed256c27be_z.jpg

Pendants for the women and older girls:

6798998834_79a608efe7_z.jpg

And Mickey and Minnie ears for the younger kids:

6831514760_4758484b8f_z.jpg

I couldn't come up with something homemade for the men and older boys, so I gave the men Mickey-themed calendars or planners, or little Spanish-English dictionaries, and the older boys got either Disney word searches or movie candy. I also found a bunch of High School Musical things for one young man who I'd heard loved it. We had so much fun participating in this!

Hi Erin!

Wow! I love the pendants and magnets. Can you give me an idea of how you made the pendants? Do you think my crafty 9y/o daughter could do it?

Thanks,
Susan

We did the FE for the first time in the MV of the Fantasy. We were under the impression that the giver was suppose to be secret. We got a lot of FE gifts with the givers name or business card. We're doing the FE on the Oct. Hawaii cruise.Do we include our name and cabin #? Thank you

Totally up to you.

I like to. I usually include a little note that says enjoy your vacation or something with our last name and city on it.

When do FE groups usually pick up?? Think there's still hope for my July cruise?? :)

How many people are signed up?

On our Dream cruise last Sept 4th, I found it didn't pick up till June, around final payment.

P64549800.jpg

My DD9 just made homemade luggage tags for each stateroom in our FE exchange. We ordered the luggage tags from E-bay, and bought the paper and ribbon at Hobby Lobby. I thought she did a great job and they turned out cute! Just sorry that we didn't order enough extra to keep one for ourselves!

P64549800.jpg

My DD9 just made homemade luggage tags for each stateroom in our FE exchange. We ordered the luggage tags from E-bay, and bought the paper and ribbon at Hobby Lobby. I thought she did a great job and they turned out cute! Just sorry that we didn't order enough extra to keep one for ourselves!

Very cute! I've been looking for Disney ribbon. Too bad we don't have a Hobby Lobby! Your daughter did a great job!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter