Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

Would I use the same basic instructions if I use the chipboard coasters? I'm making for FE gifts and I have to fly, so this would be really heavy with ceramic tiles. Thanks for the link.

I've only done the tile coasters so I can't answer your question. Do a web search on chipboard coasters & see what you find.

Hi guys!

Sorry I am so slow...we are moving in a week, and I am swamped with packing and boxes. I needed a good excuse for a break!

I am happy to share, as long as you are not on the Fantasy May 25, 2013 cruise! Lol! If you are, I guess you know what I am making!;)

The Mickey Bars are super easy!!! I bought the large pieces of dark brown craft foam from Hobby Lobby. I used a Mickey head cookie cutter and pressed the shape into the foam (this is way easier than tracing). After I cut them out, I glued a popsicle stick between two heads. I bought clear wrapping paper from Big Lots to put over them, and added the ribbon to finish it off. I also printed some small stickers with our cruise info. to place on the bottom of the stick. They were so easy and SO MUCH FUN to make! I love how they turned out!

The only downside I have found is that they are top heavy. They can probably be made to hang straight on a tree, but they definitely want to flip upside down. Because of this, I have considered adding a magnet to the back instead. I think it would be easy to turn them into a variety of things!

Hope this helps and makes sense!:)

Hi guys!

The Mickey Bars are super easy!!! I bought the large pieces of dark brown craft foam from Hobby Lobby. I used a Mickey head cookie cutter and pressed the shape into the foam (this is way easier than tracing). After I cut them out, I glued a popsicle stick between two heads. I bought clear wrapping paper from Big Lots to put over them, and added the ribbon to finish it off. I also printed some small stickers with our cruise info. to place on the bottom of the stick. They were so easy and SO MUCH FUN to make! I love how they turned out!

The only downside I have found is that they are top heavy. They can probably be made to hang straight on a tree, but they definitely want to flip upside down. Because of this, I have considered adding a magnet to the back instead. I think it would be easy to turn them into a variety of things!

Hope this helps and makes sense!:)
Awesome! And I have some of the supplies already (Mickey cookie cutter!) I think a magnet on the back would be great or punch a small hole in the top for string. Thank for sharing.:flower3:

Now that the cruise has ended, I will post up our FE gifts that we made for other cruisers. I believe we handed our one to everyone, about 140 of them.

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Took me awhile to remember how to sew lol, I hadn't done it since home ec class in junior high!

Now that the cruise has ended, I will post up our FE gifts that we made for other cruisers. I believe we handed our one to everyone, about 140 of them.

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Took me awhile to remember how to sew lol, I hadn't done it since home ec class in junior high!

Those were great gifts you and Heather did!! We used ours n the way home!!!

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Those are great, can you tell me how you did it. Did you have a pattern?

I went with a luggage theme - so there's a canvas bag to help cart things around on the trip (or organize your cabin or carry whatever at home)

Love it! Wow! That is such a fantastic idea!

Now that the cruise has ended, I will post up our FE gifts that we made for other cruisers.

These tags are awesome.

I love all these luggage gift ideas and the creativity of all the DISers who have posted here. Thanks for sharing everyone!

Jason -

We absolutely loved these. Great job!!!

Those are great, can you tell me how you did it. Did you have a pattern?

Yes I bought a pattern online with full instructions on how to make them. I worked on them for several months when I had down time. Also for those that have them, they are all scotch guarded as well, so hopefully will hold up on for our next DCL get together :)

I figured since my wife and I both work in the travel industry, it'd be fun to make something along those lines. Brought a smile to my face when I ran into some people at the airport and I saw those tags :)

FE gift for teenagers.....keychain
The rainbows keychains for the girls and the blue and red swirls are for the boys....
Paracord(mickey surplus) 7.99 100ft
Mickey Rings Fit Keychain (ebay)
My time.....the fun of making them

Total cost per keychain....$1.25
7006612588_ec6e1471c3.jpg
[/url]
IMG_2230 by tpers, on Flickr[/IMG]

Love these.
DD and I have paracord bracelets and we thinking about making them for our cruise.
Your keychains came out really good!

Yes I bought a pattern online with full instructions on how to make them. I worked on them for several months when I had down time. Also for those that have them, they are all scotch guarded as well, so hopefully will hold up on for our next DCL get together :)

I figured since my wife and I both work in the travel industry, it'd be fun to make something along those lines. Brought a smile to my face when I ran into some people at the airport and I saw those tags :)

Would you mind sharing where you purchased the pattern. I would love to make some of these myself, and not for the cruise.

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Wow! What a great idea! GREAT gift!!

I think I just found the lady you purchased the pattern from! I will hopefully purchase it myself and this would be great for our cruise! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter