Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

Here were our FE gifts from our recent Fantasy Western. I made frames with Disney "subway art" words and bookmarks for the kids with treats.

FEgifts.jpg

Hi there. Wow! It sounds like there will be a lot of key fobs going into FE's this year.

Here are the suppliers I used:
Ribbon - eBay: ribbon-scraps
Mouse split ring - eBay: wholesale-charm
Hardware & Webbing - sewphisticated stitcher or discount embroidery blanks

As for tools, I started using pliers with a washcloth to protect the hardware from being scratched. Then I found a flat jaw welding clamp from Harbor Freight Tools which worked just as well.

Have fun!
Elizabeth

I'm not crafty whatsoever and was curious if there's anyone I could buy one of these from you already made? My cruise is the 30th of this month...I'm also a CM and would love to have this to show off all the time!

Lexa - LOVED our key chains - so cute. Socababy - that was a FUN idea. (Yes, we played it.) We know we're in for a treat when DolphinGirl47 is on our cruise - she always gives lovely things.

Lexa - LOVED our key chains - so cute. Socababy - that was a FUN idea. (Yes, we played it.) We know we're in for a treat when DolphinGirl47 is on our cruise - she always gives lovely things.

That's great to hear Linda! I'm glad to hear at least one person put it to good use! I thought it was a good idea gievn the length of the cruise. I'm thinking about doing the same for the PC cruise minus the dice cup. I had to bring a small rolling suitcase just for the dice cups. I organized everything once I was onboard. Since I have to fly home for the PC cruise, I want to limit bags!

Here were our FE gifts from our recent Fantasy Western. I made frames with Disney "subway art" words and bookmarks for the kids with treats.

FEgifts.jpg
Did you design the subway art yourself? I'd love to see a close up of the design.

My picture didn't come out well, sorry! But Mom and I gave out handwarmers and hot chocolate mix (something to warm you inside and out!) and we also gave gummy bears that were supposed to have a note saying "now you can tell everyone you saw bears on your cruise", but the notes didn't get made. Somehow the last two weeks before the cruise were a blur!

My picture didn't come out well, sorry! But Mom and I gave out handwarmers and hot chocolate mix (something to warm you inside and out!) and we also gave gummy bears that were supposed to have a note saying "now you can tell everyone you saw bears on your cruise", but the notes didn't get made. Somehow the last two weeks before the cruise were a blur!

Both sound very cute! I'll have to keep it in mind if we cruise to Alaska next! What do you mean by handwarmers? The things in the foil packets that you put in mittens to keepwarm?

Really great idea and notes!

I am getting some last minute FE gifts together now. We just formed our group for next week's sailing. I don't even have the full list yet.

For young girls I have Little Mermaid activity kits and a Princess pen. For older girls, so far I have nail polish with lip balm and possibly some locker magnets. I don't have any ideas for Moms/Grandmas. For Dads/Grandpas I think I'll put together a little packet with the Starbucks Vias and maybe some chocolate covered espresso beans. I had thought about a little thing of Khalua, but I am worried about leaving that in the halls and getting into the wrong hands (teenagers). What do you think? For teenage boys, I found a thing that you can wrap your earbuds around and clip to your keychain or just use to keep your earbuds from tangling. I would pair it with some theatre candy or gum.

How does all that sound? I would love to make some homemade gifts, but there just isn't time. I hope no one on our sailing is reading this.

I am in the same position as you! I just joined a FE group that we just formed for a cruise that leaves in a little over two weeks. I love your ideas and may try to "copy" them! Thanks for sharing.:thumbsup2

DD and I got the idea to make something special for the girls on our cruise that would be bringing their Amercan Girl dolls along. I found the directions on Pinterest to make doll sized Minnie Ears!

P26567201.jpg

I had so much fun making these, that I decided to make little autograph book bags for the dolls as well.

P26565700.jpg

If you're on our July 29th Dream cruise shhhhh...don't tell the DDs!!

DD and I got the idea to make something special for the girls on our cruise that would be bringing their Amercan Girl dolls along. I found the directions on Pinterest to make doll sized Minnie Ears!

P26567201.jpg

I had so much fun making these, that I decided to make little autograph book bags for the dolls as well.

P26565700.jpg

Those are super cute!!

P26567201.jpg

P26565700.jpg

Those are so sweet!

What a great idea! Very original.

On our Hawaii cruise we made sand bottles. We wanted something light weight for those flying and something a little different than I've seen. We had stickers made up to put on the bottles and found some Aloha ribbon for decoration. The inside we just rolled up a piece of paper that said to place your hawaiian sand inside. We thought the rolled piece of paper inside made it look like it was a message in a bottle and looked cute.
HPIM4262.jpg

We also had a coupon for free business cards so made up those with a little saying on them and the details about the cruise listed on the front. On the back we put our names and our stateroom number. We hole punched the cards and added them by attaching to the ribbon when we tied the ribbon on.

HPIM4263.jpg

On our Hawaii cruise we made sand bottles. We wanted something light weight for those flying and something a little different than I've seen. We had stickers made up to put on the bottles and found some Aloha ribbon for decoration. The inside we just rolled up a piece of paper that said to place your hawaiian sand inside. We thought the rolled piece of paper inside made it look like it was a message in a bottle and looked cute.
HPIM4262.jpg

HPIM4263.jpg
Very cute. Where did you get the tiny bottles? Was this a family gift?

HPIM4262.jpg

We also had a coupon for free business cards so made up those with a little saying on them and the details about the cruise listed on the front. On the back we put our names and our stateroom number. We hole punched the cards and added them by attaching to the ribbon when we tied the ribbon on.

HPIM4263.jpg
Great idea!

Very cute. Where did you get the tiny bottles? Was this a family gift?

We did give these as a family gift then we also gave something for the kids and the adults separately. The bottles we got from S&S Worldwide and ordered them on the internet. They come in 24 packs and include the cork. They have sales all the time. The stickers we ordered from Vista Print and they were on sale also.
After we put these together I was happy with how they came out and wondered why I never thought of that before lol :lmao:

for those of you who have done the coaster post it note holders....where did you buy the sticky notes from? we have alot of cabins in our exchange, and i'm thinking that i'd maybe like to attempt to make these...but not sure about the cheapest place to buy a lot of sticky notes!

I actually got the post it brand from Costco. Don't remember the price but there were 24 in apack, very reasonable price because I bought them. I know how pricey they are in the stores. These had 100 sheets per pad so I divided them into 50's. I had 75 or so cabins for the MV of the Fantasy.

I am in the same position as you! I just joined a FE group that we just formed for a cruise that leaves in a little over two weeks.:thumbsup2

This gives me a little hope for our July cruise... I've been buying and collecting FE stuff for about 6 months, and we still don't (and probably won't) even have a group. :sad1: Not sure what I'm going to do with all of this stuff...probably just donate it at Christmas-time. Oh well... Glad it's working out for you...better late than never!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter