Holy Diagon Alley Batman!

sonofanarchy

DIS Veteran
Got into a soft opening today. I'm going to do a full trip report when we get back, but my 1st reaction after picking my jaw up off the ground, honestly was of sadness. I'm not a Potter fan at all. Saw the movies and didn't really even care for them, but even I was blown away. How did Universal accomplish this in 2 years??? It was mind - boggling. It convinced me more than ever that Disney truly has been phoning it in since at least 1998. Bizarre feeling. Almost one of embarrassment.

We'll be at Disney in 2 days. Just hoping 7DMT can somehow restore my faith.

Got into a soft opening today. I'm going to do a full trip report when we get back, but my 1st reaction after picking my jaw up off the ground, honestly was of sadness. I'm not a Potter fan at all. Saw the movies and didn't really even care for them, but even I was blown away. How did Universal accomplish this in 2 years??? It was mind - boggling. It convinced me more than ever that Disney truly has been phoning it in since at least 1998. Bizarre feeling. Almost one of embarrassment. We'll be at Disney in 2 days. Just hoping 7DMT can somehow restore my faith.

Cool! Well, not the sadness part.

Got into a soft opening today. I'm going to do a full trip report when we get back, but my 1st reaction after picking my jaw up off the ground, honestly was of sadness. I'm not a Potter fan at all. Saw the movies and didn't really even care for them, but even I was blown away. How did Universal accomplish this in 2 years??? It was mind - boggling. It convinced me more than ever that Disney truly has been phoning it in since at least 1998. Bizarre feeling. Almost one of embarrassment.

True.
But, you can't "Reserve Your Race Car from Your Recliner" at US.

;)

Threads like these are making re-evaluate our trip to at least consider throwing a Universal Day in there. Wife and I are both major HP geeks.

Yea I'm thinking about surprising the girls with a day or 2 at Universal this year. I love HP and the WWoHP was amazing when that opened up.

Should add Gringotts wasn't open. Gonna try and do it tomorrow. Honestly folks, this is the most immersion theme park experience I can possibly imagine. I'm still in awe over what they have done. For fans of the books and movies, I can't imagine what they must think.

Sweet-sounds like a win for us all. :thumbsup2

Sounds great!

I can't wait to go next year! :hyper:

WDW this year, Universal/Cruise next year....then I have to go on a tour of civil war sites....yay for me. ;):rotfl:

This is exactly how I feel. I still prefer Disney over Universal because it's just one land (well, now two). There is so much more to do at Disney. But I just wish they would try something this amazing. I guess that's what they are doing with Avatar, but honestly that just doesn't seem appealing or on the same level. Even the Simpsons land at Universal is impressive. The thought of visiting a fiction place you see all the time is something Disney is missing. And Pandora is not the answer because people don't know what it is or care to visit it. To most, it will just be a blue glowing forest.

True.
But, you can't "Reserve Your Race Car from Your Recliner" at US.

;)

This is the part that saddens me. No clue how much Diagon cost, but to think of the money Disney wasted on magic bands and fast pass plus....It's sad.

I wonder if Disney has calculated the lost revenue this will cause moving forward. Could be why they seem to be in a defense mode with all the belt tightening going on.

I wish my 11 year old was a HP fan. Dh and are and would love this. But with ds not interested and dd only 4 years old--and dh and I not being thrill ride people so there isn't much else that appeals to us at Universal--I don't think we will go for spending one of just five days at Universal. It sounds so amazing though.

Should add Gringotts wasn't open. Gonna try and do it tomorrow. Honestly folks, this is the most immersion theme park experience I can possibly imagine. I'm still in awe over what they have done. For fans of the books and movies, I can't imagine what they must think.

Looking forward to your report.:)

Did you ride the train? Looks amazing as well.

Was wondering about our "daily park entries" discussion. Was that a myth you had to "enter" a park every leg of the trip? Or what was the process if you rode-thanks.

In order to get DW to agree to our November WDW trip, I had to agree to take her to Potterville next year.

I totally agree.

Disney's only chance of topping what Universal is doing would be a "mega-tricked-out" Star Wars Land.

Agreed. Lord of the Rings would also be impressive, but just not on the same level as Star Wars and Harry Potter. I will say Radiator Springs at DLR was at least in the same category as WWOHP. It's hard to compare the two since HP captures you with how real it looks, since the movies was live action. Carsland you are comparing it to a drawing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!