Hollywood Brown Derby - Vote Here

Hollywood Brown Derby - Vote Here

• Excellent - Would Recommend it to others.

• Good - I would consider going back again.

• Average - Not anything to tell the neighgbors about.

• Poor - I wouldn't take my dog to eat there.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Most of the TS restaurants in MK/AK/MGM are not very special, but the BD is a stellar exception. We have eaten here three times, and have had wonderful food and excellent service each time. I would not hesitate to recommend the BD to anyone, and look forward to going back for another meal.

I have eaten their steak before, but it is nothing compared to what I can get at Le Cellier. It doesn't seem to compare for me. Maybe I should try again and get something different. I am not a Cobb Salad fan, even though I know they are famous for that.

The Yachtsman Steakhouse has awesome steaks :goodvibes -- even better than Le Cellier IMHO

Brown Derby is a favorite of ours. I love the Cobb Salad! Very different from other places as everything is chopped very fine.

For dinner, grouper is our favorite. The only thing about this place, because it is in the theme park, the dress is theme park dress. The restaurant is gorgeous, and here we come in our shorts and tshirts :rolleyes1

We like HBD. Here's the review I posted of our visit last Sept. (on DDP)

Dinner
Hollywood Brown Derby
Disney/MGM Studios

ADR 7:30

Believe it, or not, this was our only visit to MGM, and we only went to go to HBD. It’s not that we don’t like MGM, it just worked out that way this time. We did get there early enough for me to ride ToT, then it was time to eat! While we were waiting in the lobby, one of the CM, Mark, leaned over and whispered to me, “What’s your daughter’s name?” (He noticed she was wearing her “It’s my Birthday” button. I whispered back, “Danielle” and then he casually wandered over to the lobby payphones and after awhile he came out and said “I have a call for Danielle, is Danielle here?” DD said that’s me, and Mark said you have a phone call. DD said “Is it that Goofy again? How does he find me?!” Mark asked if she had spoken to Goofy before and she said she had earlier in the day, at Epcot. Mark picked up the phone, punched a few buttons, and DD got on the phone. She laughed, giggled, and smiled When she got off the phone, I asked what did Goofy say, and she said “I hope your still having a great day” (or something like that) It was a magical moment! :wizard: Even though she is very smart, she still hasn’t figured out how Goofy keeps tracking her down! :laughing: We were seated in about 5 minutes. The restaurant wasn’t very busy. Our server was Marcie.

Interior of HBD

My DM and I shared the Cobb Salad for Two with chopped greens, turkey breast, egg, bacon, tomatoes, bleu cheese, avocado, chives and Cobb dressing as our appetizer. DM ordered the Pan-Fired Grouper over balsamic roasted asparagus, lemon butter sauce, topped with Bermuda onion marmalade, water, and Grapefruit Cake A Brown Derby Original! Light Layers of Yellow Cake with fresh Grapefruit Cream Cheese Icing . I ordered the Sesame Seared Ahi Tuna with honey-gingered spaghetti squash, warm soy vinaigrette, and Wasabi oil, Ice Tea, and Double Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee with a gingersnap sugar stick. DD had the Kid’s Mac ‘n Cheese (no longer on menu?), no appetizer, and a Shirley Temple-we paid OOP for her pasta.

The Cobb Salad was very good, served on 2 plates. The bread and butter were also good. Mom’s grouper was served on top of asparagus and she said it was delicious.

My tuna was so good! And the serving size was huge! You can’t really tell in the picture, since it’s covered by that triangle, but the piece of fish was very big, and about 1-1/2”, or so, thick. It was the best, rare tuna, I have every eaten! My DM agreed since I shared some with her, and still couldn’t eat it all. I will definitely order the tuna again!

Cobb Salad for 2, 1/2 serving .

My Tuna

Mom's Grouper

DD Mac n Cheese

DD declared her Mac ‘n Cheese-delicious. (Most recent menu doesn't list this anymore) The best she had on the trip. Though she just told me it was little bit cold, but okay (kids remember the smallest details-I’m writing this part of the review over 4 months after we were there!)

My DM’s Grapefruit Cake was good. My Crème Brulee was delicious-very creamy! I love crème brulee but the only place I ever have it is WDW-go figure! Marcie brought DD a surprise dessert. They call it the Celebration Cake and it was really beautiful. She loved it. It was more like chocolate mousse, than cake. It had a hard chocolate outer shell with a lot of Mickey sprinkles. Topped with whipped cream and a birthday candle. We sang :bday: to her. She really enjoyed it, and I enjoyed the fact that the restaurant comp’d it as her birthday dessert.

DD Birthday Celebration Cake

Creme Brulee

Grapefruit cake

HBD is a very nice, relaxing restaurant. It's always a nice break in the day. Very cool and quiet inside. Staff is great. A good place to take a break during a hot, sticky, day. :goodvibes While it may not be your most “bang for the buck” Signature Restaurant (requiring 2 credits) it still is very nice. Actually, when I put all our meals on a spreadsheet, HBD value-per-credit was fairly low at $24/credit. It was the lowest of the 3 Signature Restaurants we ate. In fact, it was the second lowest dollars per credit of our trip. The lowest one was 1900 Park Fare breakfast. ($20.32/each) These numbers do not take into effect that some of our meals included a kid’s meal, and others didn’t. If I was to remove the Kid’s meal from PF, it may be that HBD would actually fall to last. Hmmm, maybe Disney should change HBD to a 1 TS meal, like they did Le Cellier. But then again, if they do, HBD’s service and meals may degrade like (IMHO) Le Cellier has. :confused3

We’ve enjoyed our meals there, whether on, or off, DDP. Of course when we are paying for it all OOP, we aren’t so extravagant with our ordering. My DM usually gets the Cobb Salad for 2 as her entrée and I don’t get appetizer, or dessert. I’ve even ordered off the kid’s menu before. The kid’s chicken entrée is very good-and a great choice if you don’t want to eat too much-perfect for lunch.

We finished our meal about 8:20

Service:Top Notch in lobby, very good in restaurant
Food quality: Very Good
Food quantity: Decent
Décor: Lovely-linen table clothes, piano player
Noise level: Good-very quiet
Would return: Yes

DDP Cost $96.38 4 TS (2x2) OOP $6.22 for kid’s pasta (plus extra tip)
(value per credit $24)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter