Hollywood Brown Derby versus Mama Melrose's

We have tried HBD although we do hope to eventually. We always book Mama Melrose for our Fantasmic package. Can't say we've had a bad meal there. Last time was July this year. Free choice of appetizer and entree from the menu with a desert sampler.

I am also debating this choice. I really don't think I want H&V, but the only times available for the fantasmic package for MM is lunch and I was trying to avoid lunch ADRs.

I have not eaten at Brown Derby. To expensive for my budget. I have eaten at Mama Melrose several times and found the food to be good with excellent service and some variety to the menu. Plus it is more reasonably priced.

We love Brown Derby and do it most every time at HS. We did Mama Melrose once, waited an hour past our res time (causing us to miss our Jedi training return time), and then had awful food. Haven't returned.

Will literally have 15 minutes to get from the Star Wars seating to the Fantasmic! seating. Smarter to go ahead and have a voucher or fastpass if I can. If all else fails, there is the Dessert thing, but that's a lot of sweets in two hours, with attending the Star Wars Dessert Party.

Actually, if you're trying to make it with only 15 minutes, none of the dinner/dessert vouchers or FP+ will do you any good. By that time, they will have opened all seating to anyone who wants it. The voucher does NOT guarantee you a seat unless you arrive at the time designated.

I’ve eaten at both. The quality of food at HBD is far better then MM. MM is just you’re typical sit down meal... nothing out of this world about it. I’d pick it over a Quick Serve. I go to HBD every trip. I’m not sure how the pricing works with the Fantasmic package, however they serve their famous Cobb Salad as an entre... and it’s only $18 (I think) ... so price wise you can find something less expensive and way better food. I love the filet or grouper... out of this world. ;) I booked HBD for a Fantasmic dinner package in December.

I'd pass on the F! package. Eat wherever you want and show up early enough for F! to get a seat. If you're not interested in the choices with the package it's not a good deal at all. If we were doing it, we'd go for HBD, it's by far the best TS at DHS. MM is fine, but I'd opt for an ADR at Sci-Fi and skip the package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter