Hollywood and Vine- is it really that bad??

Thanks for clarifying that the characters are only there for breakfast and lunch. I am only interested in going so my kids can see the Disney playhouse characters. Since nobody has mentioned Mickey clubhouse I am guessing they are not there?? That is their favorite show!!!

Are you aware that there's a puppet / live action Playhouse Disney show at DHS? It includes the clubhouse characters and is really cute for toddlers. You sit on the floor. It's over near the Little Mermaid. I think a PP mentioned the characters at H&V are Oso, Handy Manny, Jake, and some Einstein - maybe June?

The characters at breakfast take so much more time with your little ones than at any other character breakfast (and we've had them all except that one in Norway) we've eaten at.

Food was good, server was fantastic, she even told us exactly when to leave to get TSM fastpasses before the unwashed massed outside the gate. :D

Great experience that will definitely be repeated.

Yes, I know about they playhouse Disney show with the clubhouse friends. We actually took my oldest son when he was 10 months and he loved it even then. He is 3 now and the baby is 1.
Thanks for all of your comments and suggestions. They are much appreciated. Can anyone tell me where to find pricing?

We had breakfast at H&V. The place was clean, not crowded, & the food was good, standard buffet food. DD loved the characters. I know the characters are there for breakfast & lunch, but I don't think they're there for dinner.

we had an early lunch. We really liked the food, thought the place didn't seem dirty at all and had good service (not great, but fine). They weren't very crowded when we were there and the kids got lots of time with each character. It was definitely worth it since it's the only place to meet any of the little einsteins and DS is a huge fan. I think we paid 36 for each adult.

Had breakfast there in February - was probably our favorite breakfast stop of the trip! The food was great, loved the entertainment (live and characters) and since it was a slower morning my son got lots of great quality "Jake" time. Still talks about it!

I've only done breakfast there, after standing in line all day I don't want to stand in line for dinner. Not only that but I'm not a big buffet person when it comes to dinner. I've had breakfast there twice and plan on it my next trip. I think the breakfast there is better than some of the other buffets like CP and 1900 Park Fare. I didn't think it was dirty, I thought it was pretty clean actually. Characters came by pretty quickly, much better than 1900 Park Fare.

It's one of our favs for breakfast.

h&v was the 1 restaurant my husband has said no way to ever going again. Lousy food. We were at breakfast which is hard to get wrong. It's loud and chaotic but the characters were good for our then 2, 4, and 6 year olds. There are so many other better options. Tusker or crystal palace or akershus.

I've only been once, and NEVER again! The place was filthy and the food mediocre at best. The waiter didn't even bring us water and we (4 separate families who dined together on separate dining plans) spent checkout day disputing tip charges he had added to our rooms on top of the CASH tip we left him.

Plenty of better choices.....

I have only tried dinner - and we did not like it. I am not comparing it to table side, I am comparing it to buffets. Compared to on site buffets it is terrible. It was more like truck stop bufet food. And the tables/floors weren't dirty but the whole buffet line was not maintained.

It was our only TS Character Meal at Disney that we have been to and we had a great time! The food was alright and the Character interaction was great! My son loooooved it! He will probably be begging to go back again..but Little Einsteins are no longer there...so I think we will have to skip it!..Even though he looooves OSO!:cool1:

We did breakfast last Sept and loved it! Food was great, characters were good, service was wonderful! In fact, our waitress brought us a card signed by all the characters! I have no clue why. We got their autographs when they came around, but she did it anyway. She was SUPER nice! I didn't book it in our previous trips because DD hasn't watched those shows in years. But we wanted to try every single character meal so we did it in Sept. DD(10) said it was her favorite meal! In fact, when we went again in Dec, she was upset that I hadn't booked a ressie for H&V for breakfast again! Crystal Palace is still my favorite, but I wouldn't hesitate to book breakfast there again! In fact, I'm going to for our trip this coming Sept. :)

I love H&V! I don't go for the characters, I don't even know who they are :P But they still managed to make memorable moments for me and my friend on our last trip. I love the food there and have never seen the place dirty or had food that wasn't good. As the "kiddie" I can be sometimes, I usually go for the meatballs in the kids section as I absolutely love them! And the mash is very nice as well. I've always had good service there as well.

You can find all menu's and prices here: http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

We tried it, it was nothing to write home about, we will not likely be returning. However, by no means did we think it was "filthy". :confused3

we usually go there either for breakfast for for dinner...and I have never seen it dirty...if it was I would of reported it...
ON the food part...it is a typical buffet but we found it great for all the ages that went...from old people to the little ones...we even had a vegetarian with us and he found plenty to eat...
I think that we all have likes and dislikes...and this one is okey for us..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter