Holiday pricing = DDE card invalid

Wish_I_Was_At_WDW

Mouseketeer
Just be aware since we're at the time for making ADR's around Thanksgiving and Christmas, if you have a DDE card you can't use it during the dates that qualify for holiday pricing at the TS restaurants.

EDITED TO ADD: Disney Dining is giving out the above info but apparently the DDE office says Disney Dining is incorrect. See post by NancyIL below.

This will cover more than just the actual holidays? We're planning a trip for 12/19 through 12/28, for example. I was debating between DDE or DDP, and we thought DDE may be a better deal for us. But if there is going to be a price increase during our entire trip AND the DDE will not be valid, then DDP seems a better deal.

Holiday pricing in effect November 18-24 and December 16 thru Jan 5.

I can't believe their doing this! :sad2:

I'm not believing that will be the case at all.

There is too much paperwork out there that states the specific days DDE may not be used (Mother's Day, July 4th, Chirstmas Eve, etc.). I'm sure someone has their information wrong/misheard something. Now this is how rumors get started.

This will cover more than just the actual holidays? We're planning a trip for 12/19 through 12/28, for example. I was debating between DDE or DDP, and we thought DDE may be a better deal for us. But if there is going to be a price increase during our entire trip AND the DDE will not be valid, then DDP seems a better deal.

That's what I'm thinking too. We already have the DDE card purchased and now its of no use to us for our upcoming December trip because our whole vacation falls within the "holiday pricing". I would call and switch to a package with dining but we have a PIN on our resort and I don't know if we would lose that by getting the DDP. With the PIN the DDP was available initially but I didn't book it because we had the STUPID DDE!!!! URRRRRGGGG!!!! Okay, I'll calm down but this is making me upset.

I'm not believing that will be the case at all.

There is too much paperwork out there that states the specific days DDE may not be used (Mother's Day, July 4th, Chirstmas Eve, etc.). I'm sure someone has their information wrong/misheard something. Now this is how rumors get started.

****I am editing this because I just called the Disney Dining Experience office, and you are right - the DDE discount is still in effect, except for the 8 named holidays. Disney Dining is incorrect.

Ugh. I knew that the DDE wouldn't be valid on Thanksgiving DAY but...the whole week we're there? Has anyone asked about non TS places that normally accept DDE like the cs in AK or the lounges at some of the resorts? I know that doesn't add up to much, but I will be ticked if we can't use it at all. :mad:

I am having to edit all the threads I posted on before about the DDE discount and "holiday pricing"! I called the DDE office - and was told that ONLY the 8 named holidays are blackout dates to get the DDE 20% discount.

I too called the Disney Dining Experience number BUT was told if the Disney Dining restaurants DID NOT want to offer us the discount during a set time frame that was their call. SO, what does this mean? Disney Dining Experience says it is out of their hands. I suppose I'll have to call Disney Dining tomorrow morning and ask them too. . .

SimbaCub
VWL Thanksgiving OKW
AKV/VWL Week before Christmas with friends

I figured I'd wait about a week then call Disney Dining and the DDE office again to see if they are both on the same page now (one way or the other).

As I read the DDE rules it appears that the DDE card may be invalid on days OTHER than those 8 days actually stated.
The term used is "certain restrictions apply during holidays" and the particular restaurant needs to be called to find out. That is rather a left hand-right hand routine in my opinion, and trying to call (in my case) 7 different restaurants is a bit much..especially when you make your ADR through Disney Dinng, and NOT the restaurant.
But in this case, it sounds like the Disney restarants have collectively decided to invoke the "certain restrictions" provision and black out all those days near (or somewhat near) Thanksgiving and XMAS.
Outrageous, in my opinion and I'm hoping it isn't true. And if it is, that they reconsider.

Just be aware since we're at the time for making ADR's around Thanksgiving and Christmas, if you have a DDE card you can't use it during the dates that qualify for holiday pricing at the TS restaurants.

EDITED TO ADD: Disney Dining is giving out the above info but apparently the DDE office says Disney Dining is incorrect. See post by NancyIL below.

On the letter that comes with the DDE card..it says card not valid (and then lists a bunch of holidays), and then a disclaimer statement that says this can change at any time with the discretion of restaurant managers. Not being valid on holidays is nothing new.

Not being valid around the holidays..a bit of a change..again, I bet it will depend on the restaurants.

I emailed DDE yesterday and they called after receiving my email and told my hubby that there has been no change to the blackout dates and that the CMs in dining are incorrect. Hopefully if the policy has changed we will get an update. Hopefully all of you DDE members out there signed up for email updates from DDE when you received your card.

I emailed DDE yesterday and they called after receiving my email and told my hubby that there has been no change to the blackout dates and that the CMs in dining are incorrect. Hopefully if the policy has changed we will get an update. Hopefully all of you DDE members out there signed up for email updates from DDE when you received your card.

My e-mail address has changed since signing up for the card. Is there a way to go back and do it online or something?

My e-mail address has changed since signing up for the card. Is there a way to go back and do it online or something?

Don't think you can do it online. I remember when I got my first DDE card there was a letter with an email address telling you to respond to it so that your email would be registered. It must've worked because we've had a card for a couple of years and continue to emails from them often about specials, usually for F&W and F&G activities. When I sent an email to them yesterday I only signed it my husband's name. I didn't put our phone number. So I was surprised that they took his name and looked him up in the computer and found our home phone number and personally called us. Alot of effort on their part when they could've easily just returned an email. (I was impressed that they went the extra mile.) I would suggest you call them and update your information.

Don't think you can do it online. I remember when I got my first DDE card there was a letter with an email address telling you to respond to it so that your email would be registered. It must've worked because we've had a card for a couple of years and continue to emails from them often about specials, usually for F&W and F&G activities. When I sent an email to them yesterday I only signed it my husband's name. I didn't put our phone number. So I was surprised that they took his name and looked him up in the computer and found our home phone number and personally called us. Alot of effort on their part when they could've easily just returned an email. (I was impressed that they went the extra mile.) I would suggest you call them and update your information.

That was going the extra mile to call you! Nice to see that!! Thanks for the info!

Thank you for that information! I'll still plan on buying the DDE for our trip, then, unless I hear otherwise here.

Thanks for the info! I wish we could get a definitive answer. If we cannot use the DDE card during the holidays, plus we have to pay the increased "holiday pricing", this would drastically change our eating plans on our trip!

Well, i will be cancelling our adr for chef mickey for dinner! it says that the dde is excluded during this time and i am not going to pay $33.99 a person!! that's why i purchased the dde card, for the savings! i didn't realize they were going to have a huge blackout date! does anyone know if ohana is like this for dinner?
mousiemom

Well, i will be cancelling our adr for chef mickey for dinner! it says that the dde is excluded during this time and i am not going to pay $33.99 a person!! that's why i purchased the dde card, for the savings! i didn't realize they were going to have a huge blackout date! does anyone know if ohana is like this for dinner?
mousiemom

Did they tell you the DDE card wasn't valid when you made your ADR? When was this? Just wondering if they are still giving out that information. Its so confusing. They really need to get on the same page with this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter