Hobie Cat Imfo on CC ?

gayles

DIS Veteran
I seem to find very little Imfo on renting these on CC . The Boys are 9 & 11 yrs. Plus 2 Adults . Any Imfo would be helpful . We are an Adventurous Bunch . We do have a Snorkel Trip in Nassau . But will have 2 CC Stops . Any suggestions are welcome . We are Parasailing 1 of the CC days ..

We rented a Hobie Cat a few years ago at CC. What would you like to know?

I can tell you that the price is reasonable and it was fun. I can also tell you that if someone in your family doesn't know how to sail, it may not be that great. My son's been sailing every since he was 8 so he did everything. It fit my family of 4. My children was still young so it was really fun while we circle around. The area that they allow you to go is not very large. I'm not sure it would be an adventurous thing to do, but it was fun. My daughter was 7 and my son was 12 and they both enjoyed it. You just need to be aware when you need to move your head. lol...

Anyway, like I said, if someone doesn't know how to sail it won't be as fun. We saw 4 Hobies being towed back...We also noticed they were not going fast at all so it almost seem like they weren't sailing. It wasn't the wind. We were going pretty fast at one point...my son said told us the wind knots but I can't remember. He said it was a perfect day to sail.

We were just there in February and rented a Hobie Cat. It was $30 for 30 minutes which was more than enough time. We had no time piece but they said they'd let us know. They were busy rescuing someone else who got stuck, with a deflated wheel on one of those pedal floats, so we just came in when we felt done.

I will warn you they do try to keep inexperienced people off the Hobie cats. They want to hear about valid, lengthy experience using this type of equipment. My husband has even taught sailing these and the intake person was trying to give excuses such as well let me see if there is enough wind- as her papers were blowing violently. haha!

Enjoy though, we had a great time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!