Hitting both rides in Pandora at rope drop without FP?

So in, say, May 29019, would it be a reasonable expectation to Rope Drop the standby lines for both Flight of Passage and Na'Vi River Journey? If I wanted to do this, how long before park opening would I have to get there, and should I even bother with the busses from the resorts or just use an Uber/Lyft?

So in, say, May 29019, would it be a reasonable expectation to Rope Drop the standby lines for both Flight of Passage and Na'Vi River Journey? If I wanted to do this, how long before park opening would I have to get there, and should I even bother with the busses from the resorts or just use an Uber/Lyft?

Do FOP first. On a non EMH day you need to be going through security no later than 75 minutes from park opening.

It’s hard to say whether bus or Uber would be quicker. It depends on where your resort is in relation to AK, the next scheduled bus (check the app), how many stops at your resort, is there even an Uber driver close...

Got my FPs this morning at the opening of the 60 day window. I'm only in the parks for two days and I'm hitting AK on Day 1, so as expected, all the FOP and NRJ morning FPs were already snapped up by the time my window opened. I did manage to grab FOP FP for the 2:00 hour for me and two of my boys, and I grabbed NRJ for my wife and 5yo son (who is currently only 43" and probably wouldn't like FOP even if he was tall enough) for the noon hour. I'm going to try to slide my FOP reservation up to more closely coincide with NRJ, but so far no luck.

So my question is how to do Rope Drop. We're going on a Wednesday, February 13 prior to President's Day weekend. Crowds are predicted to be moderate. Plan is to be at the gates by 8:00. We'll probably be headed to Pandora at RD because for the other rides we plan to do I already secured a FP (Safari, Primieval Whirl), or I'll be doing single rider (Everest), or they don't typically have a super long line (Bug, Kali River).

All five of us could walk onto NRJ at RD with minimal wait and be out by 9:15. But I suspect by then the line for FOP will be at least an hour. What if we start at FOP? I'm thinking the older boys might want to do FOP twice, and the youngest boy might want to at least walk through the cue. Assuming we head straight to FOP and exit about 9:30 (is that about right?), how long would our line be by then at NRJ?

If it isn't realistic to squeeze both rides into the 9:00 hour, I'll probably just do a quick pass through NRJ and then trot the kids over to the shorter waits at Dinoland while most other folks are still in Pandora.
Checks this out. This is
we are going to try and do

Just got back today.

My dd went to AK on January 10, which TPs had listed from a 2 to an 8 park day.

It was EMH and opening was at 8 am. We missed the first bus from BLT but got the second one which got us to the park by 725, I wanted to scream lol. My dd-24 wanted to sleep in but I got her butt up!

Got through a very short security line, and was in the first group of people being walked to Pandora. My dd and I got off FoP at 8:03 am (I looked at my phone). We walked right on. Have to say it was less cut throat than Slinky Dog, which was awful with parents using strollers as weapons. One woman, was actually using her shoulder to move her way in front of me. My dd didnt want to do RD for FoP, just because of our RD for Slinky.

When done, walked over to NR, posted time was 20 minutes but we walked right on. We had a FP for FoP for 11:20 am. Went back at 11:30 am, wait time was over 3 hours and we walked right on the attraction. It was my dd first time riding the attraction and I wanted her to experience it twice. She was happy I pushed her.

Off topic, but our overall best experience at AK was Nomads Lounge. Wow. A hidden gem and I plan on going back in September at the end of our half day at AK.
You say you went back at 1130 and wait was 3hrs but you walked right in. Are you saying the posted wait was wrong by over 2hrs? I know they are often posted as longer than they actually are, but not by over 2 hrs??

Just curious. Thx!

Checks this out. This is
we are going to try and do

You say you went back at 1130 and wait was 3hrs but you walked right in. Are you saying the posted wait was wrong by over 2hrs? I know they are often posted as longer than they actually are, but not by over 2 hrs??

Just curious. Thx!
She had a FP to ride at 11:30. She did both rides at rd and then rode FOP again with her 11:20 fp.

We used uber 4 times this past trip to make sure were were at thr park before even the first bus arrives. I went into the app and scheduled it for 1:40 minutes before park open. Worked perfectly. I think there are plenty of uber drivers available for disney.

Do FOP first. On a non EMH day you need to be going through security no later than 75 minutes from park opening.

It’s hard to say whether bus or Uber would be quicker. It depends on where your resort is in relation to AK, the next scheduled bus (check the app), how many stops at your resort, is there even an Uber driver close...

We used uber 4 times this past trip to make sure were were at thr park before even the first bus arrives. I went into the app and scheduled it for 1:40 minutes before park open. Worked perfectly. I think there are plenty of uber drivers available for disney.
Aha, thank you very much! I plan on getting a FastPass for Flight of Passage 63 days out, but you really never know. It's such a shame that the Fastpass Queue skips all the cooll placemaking and scenery in the standby queue, but I'd rather skip the 180 minute long line LOL.

Aha, thank you very much! I plan on getting a FastPass for Flight of Passage 63 days out, but you really never know. It's such a shame that the Fastpass Queue skips all the cooll placemaking and scenery in the standby queue, but I'd rather skip the 180 minute long line LOL.

The other option is to jump into line 5 minutes before close. It will only be about an hour (ignore the posted wait time).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter