Hit the Beach! July Exercise Challenge

:welcome: BonnieF to Sand Pail Purple, piglet1979 to Floatable Flamingo Pink, me to Underwater Camera Red, and PollyannaMom to Beach Towel WISH Green!

DCL offers numerous cruises to beachy areas. One popular option is 3- and 4-night sailings from Port Canaveral on the Disney Dream, so you could have a cruise and a WDW land stay during a week's vacation. Also, in fall 2018, Disney Magic debuts an itinerary from New York to Bermuda, and Disney Wonder will be sailing to Baja and the Mexican Riviera from San Diego.

One of DCL's destinations in the Caribbean is Disney's private island, Castaway Cay in the Bahamas. Castaway Cay, only 3.1 miles long and 2.2 miles wide, has about 60 residents, employees of DCL who keep the operations running. According to Wikipedia, two of the submarine vehicles from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea at WDW are underwater in the snorkeling area.

You may have seen Castaway Cay (formerly known as Gorda Cay) on film. It features the beach where Tom Hanks first sees Daryl Hannah in Splash, and part of Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl was filmed on the island.

I have turned Beach Towel WISH Green, in just under the wire!

Last but not least, wrapping up our Disney beach itinerary is Adventures by Disney. This tour company began operations in 2005 with just two U.S. tours, and is now up to 37 different tours on six continents.

With ABD, you can visit far-flung beaches from Australia (the Great Barrier Reef!) to Costa Rica and the Galapagos Islands in the Americas and Greece and Italy in Europe. These tours are pricy (and sadly, likely beyond my budget), but the experiences look amazing.

I'll wrap up the month in a couple of days, so go ahead and post any last minutes.

I've enjoyed exploring how to get a Disney fix while hitting the beach! Thanks for traveling with me!

Well, I didn't hit my goal but I can guarantee the this added at least 1000 minutes of exercise to my life which wouldn't have happened without this challenge. Thank you for everyone's support and thank you for running the thread @sophy1996

7/27 - 45 of exercise worthy housework (it counted 90 minutes on my apple watch)
7/28 - 40 strength training exercise
7/29 - 30-minute walk with the dog
7/30 - 30-minute walk with the dog
7/31 - 80-minute exercise paced walk

New total - 1435/1700

The end of the month snuck up on me. Just 40 more minutes to add:

1710/1500 to close out the month

Thanks for a fun and enlightening month, sophy1996! I'm anxious to try these places out now.

Well, I didn't hit my goal but I can guarantee the this added at least 1000 minutes of exercise to my life which wouldn't have happened without this challenge. Thank you for everyone's support and thank you for running the thread @sophy1996

That's great to hear! You're welcome!

vikdeco ends the month well into Floatable Flamingo Pink. The TEAM technically also ends in pink, but adjusting for a member who we didn't hear from in awhile, the TEAM ends in Underwater Camera Red!

Thanks again, everyone!

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!