Hit a "speed" bump in the diet road...

leahannpen

<font color=0099FF>WDW fan and A.J. fan<br><font c
Hello everyone. I'm not a regular WISH poster, but I've been lurking for a while. I've been dieting for about 3 months now... I'm actually down about 18 pounds... I can't believe after years of being unhappy and over weight, I'm actually seeing results. This diet stuff actually works! Wow!

Anyway, I'm in a rut I think... I haven't lost anything for about a week now. What a bummer. I know, I know, this is going to happen... but it's so frustrating. ARG! And the horrible part is, I know Saturday I'm throwing the diet out the window for a very fun day, so no doubt I'm going to gain a pound or two. So that will really set me back.

My first 20 pound lose is just out of arms reach and I can see it, but I just can't get it.

Saturday, I am getting together with 3 old friends, for a day of old pictures and movies and food and drink. We are leaving men and kids at home for a sleep over. I know my diet won't be in effect that day. So, I'm probably going to be back to just 15 pounds and that bums me out.

And I leave for Mexico in 5 weeks. ARG!

Thanks for listning everyone!

I'm constantly nagging myself and not taking pride in my accomplishments to date -- not as good as yours but I'm working on it.

I like going to my WW meeting because the leader always has something you can take home with you and remember. A few weeks ago she said something that really stuck with me and now I'll share it with you ;)

The weight we've gained didn't suddenly appear overnight. It took some time to get onto your body and establish residence. Effectively evicting this weight will take some time as well. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that she was right.

You've done a great job so far...18 lbs. That's about 6 lbs. a month, a little more than a pound a week. It's slow but odds are in your favor that you'll keep it off because you lost it slowly. Studies have concluded the length of time it takes to lose the weight is definitely a factor in whether you'll keep it off.

The second thing -- Saturday. Go and enjoy yourself. Give yourself a little diet vacation. There's some people in my WW meeting that take every Saturday off the program. Our leader isn't thrilled with it but it works for them. And they continue to lose weight. One man even said that he doesn't binge like he thought he would. He can eat a handful of doritos and feel satisfied and that, much to his initial horror then happiness, he found himself gravitating to the veggies rather than the chips when the choices were in front of him.

Don't forget, this is a lifestyle change, not just a diet and it will take time. You've done a great job so far. Don't give up! Besides all those cute new spring outfits are in the store and you'll need some new ones soon.

Ahhhh, aprincessmom, you are a voice of reason. I needed that. Thank you. I know I shouldn't beat myself up over this, but boy is it frustrating!

I went to Kohl's today and looked at some of the clothes I hope to fit into by the time I do some shopping for my trip on April 6th. That gave me some inspiration.

Thank you so much!

Congrats on the weight loss!!:) Have a fun weekend.:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter